The Student Room Group

ocr gcse mathematics b j567 11th june 2012

Scroll to see replies

well i guess ure amazing too anyway ;D
Original post by Brookie95
I'm fairly sure that was a different paper. Was it calculator or non?

non calculator higher? :smile:
Original post by ChestnutHero
woo! :biggrin: I think I got (x+4) -6 and then for the second part I just guessed and put 6 :tongue:

wait which paper are u doing?
Reply 43
woo! :biggrin: I think I got (x+4) -6 and then for the second part I just guessed and put 6 :tongue:

YYEEESSSSS i put (x+4)-6 as well!!! What topics do you think will be on tomorrows calculator paper?
Original post by Cjedwards95
I have a feeling you might have got that wrong because we weren't asked to calculate how much profit it was.. It was just how much she got from the drink and gave to the school and you had to x £2.40 by 20 = £48. Can you rember the Olympic town question?

I thought it was profit too oops... but ah well there's nothing I can do now haha :tongue:

I think I got 6.14 x 10^7(or something like that) and then £150 per person?
Original post by Vin57xd
wait which paper are u doing?

OCR Maths GCSE B Non Calculator Higher
OCR Maths GCSE B Non Calculator Higher

crap was this forum about the higher paper?
Reply 47
Original post by Vin57xd
crap was this forum about the higher paper?

Yup lolol i did higher
Original post by AZ786
YYEEESSSSS i put (x+4)-6 as well!!! What topics do you think will be on tomorrows calculator paper?

yay! DEFINITELY TRIGONOMETRY- you usually need a calculator for that and it's one of those topics I doubt they'd miss out... but I'm just revising everything because anything could come up and it takes me about an hour to go through all my notes so yeah :smile:
Original post by AZ786
Yup lolol i did higher

then i'm outta here sorry for the confusion i was trying to find the foundation exam thingy sorry bye!
Reply 50
yay! DEFINITELY TRIGONOMETRY- you usually need a calculator for that and it's one of those topics I doubt they'd miss out... but I'm just revising everything because anything could come up and it takes me about an hour to go through all my notes so yeah :smile:

Woohoo!! Well, at least i got like 1 or 2 marks out of 100, hm...a G? lol ii no i revised everything but only histograms, standard form, and completing the square came up and i messed those up lol what did you put for the sea/clifff/ball question? i drew a small cliff and some seaa hhahahaha
Reply 51
Original post by Vin57xd
then i'm outta here sorry for the confusion i was trying to find the foundation exam thingy sorry bye!

Oh well, doesnt matter, some foundation and higher questions were the same anyway, and i am not sure if this is a foundation/higher forum, but i did higher :smile:
Original post by AZ786
Woohoo!! Well, at least i got like 1 or 2 marks out of 100, hm...a G? lol ii no i revised everything but only histograms, standard form, and completing the square came up and i messed those up lol what did you put for the sea/clifff/ball question? i drew a small cliff and some seaa hhahahaha

I'm bet you got more than 2 marks :wink: haha that happens to me for every subject >.< LOL -ummm I think I got 90m for how high the cliff was and my graph was just through all the points (IT TOOK AGES TO MAKE IT SMOOTH :mad:) I'm sure the examiners will love your doodles :')
Reply 53
I'm bet you got more than 2 marks :wink: haha that happens to me for every subject >.< LOL -ummm I think I got 90m for how high the cliff was and my graph was just through all the points (IT TOOK AGES TO MAKE IT SMOOTH :mad:) I'm sure the examiners will love your doodles :')

LOL hopefully they will like it and give me extra marks:biggrin:.Or mayb not. Can we view the paper online yet or not?
Original post by AZ786
LOL hopefully they will like it and give me extra marks:biggrin:.Or mayb not. Can we view the paper online yet or not?

I'm not sure... I can barely find January 2012 papers online :frown: !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 55
Just clearing up grade bounderies

If you did higher paper
c- 35% or around 30-40
b- 50% or around 40-50
a- 60% or around 60-70
a*- 80% or around 80-100

Sources: My teacher and grade bounderies on ocr website
Reply 56
Completing the square was (x-4)^2 -6
minimum value -6 because anything squared has minimum value of 0 so 0-6 = -6

:biggrin: hope that helps
Reply 57
I'm not sure... I can barely find January 2012 papers online :frown: !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Do you need science jan 2012 papers higher tier? I am doin chem on friday 15th and phys on 20th, and i am rubbish at physics :frown:
Any predictions for tomorrow's calculator paper?
Well anyway guys good luck for today!!

Quick Reply

Latest