The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 3A Summer 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by VanessaXD
can't believe i will never do geography again....i remember falling in love with the subject in year 6 lol :P
anyways good luck everyone (: x

ahaha .. good luck to you!! Lucky me is taking human geog at university .. what will you be doing??
anyone else gonna do some last minute cramming tomorrow morning?
Reply 1722
Original post by JessW12
Isn't global product just: recognised products that have been marketed and sold worldwide - they may be slightly modified for local markets. For example; coca cola is sold as the same formula, the same bottle design .. it's just the bottle size that changes to fit in with local regulations.
Also it can be applied to products where the components are made in several countries and exported to be assembled in another.

according to the philip allan book, the formula also slightly changes. I hope a question on this does not come up, because my entire class are going to be screwed!! our teacher was crap and never told us this!!
Reply 1723
Original post by kirstyjay
world cities structured questions? i feel re-urbaisation might pop up , and/ or waste or transport...whats everyones case studies for transport/waste i am a little depleted with mine...

For transport I have Curitiba in Brazil and for waste I have: Curitiba, Mumbai, Cambridge, Peterborough and the M&S plan A
Original post by Mizz_S
they are also called love waves ... wierdly enough!! however, primary waves cause the most damage as they are the fastest and the ones to hit an area first!!

P- Fastest
S- Half as fast and move right angles to direction of movement
L- Responsible for vertical ground movement (liquefaction)

Just a question would L waves not be more dangerous then P waves? Earthquake proof buildings are built to resist horizontal movement not so much vertical?
Original post by Mizz_S
ahaha .. good luck to you!! Lucky me is taking human geog at university .. what will you be doing??

thanks u too :biggrin: and im gna do psychology (: x
Reply 1726
Original post by Harry.K
anyone else gonna do some last minute cramming tomorrow morning?

yup i'll be starting at 5 in the morning, maybe even earlier!! i remember nothing!! LOL
Reply 1727
thanks u too :biggrin: and im gna do psychology (: x

that subject can burn, i sat my paper yday, and completely forgot a study :frown: that was bad!!
Reply 1728
Original post by amy383871
Hey, which tropical revolving storm have you guys done? I have hurricane katrina(think is an LEDC) but I need an MEDC? Really grateful for all you guys posting- life saver! Good luck to everyone tomorrow! I'm praying for an ok paper :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Katrina's my MEDC one- it hit the USA, for the LEDC one we did Cyclone Nargis which hit Burma in 2008
Reply 1729
For world cities retailing hasn't come up yet for a 40 marker so that could?

What do people think for the globalisation and development 40 marker?
Reply 1730
Original post by Keiran:.
P- Fastest
S- Half as fast and move right angles to direction of movement
L- Responsible for vertical ground movement (liquefaction)

Just a question would L waves not be more dangerous then P waves? Earthquake proof buildings are built to resist horizontal movement not so much vertical?

thats correct on your types of waves. I got taught that L waves are a type of secondary waves, that are not as bad as P waves, but I will read up on that and see what the answer truly is :s-smilie:. Do you feel like you hardly know anything of what you are supposed to know?? :frown:
Reply 1731
Does anyone have any idea what might come up as an essay for the conflict module? Freakinggggg out!
Reply 1732
If not out-of-town retailing for WC 40 marker, what else could pop up as the 40 marker?! :O
Original post by Mizz_S
that subject can burn, i sat my paper yday, and completely forgot a study :frown: that was bad!!

did u do PSYA3? i loved the paper but yeah learning it was very distressful i had mental breakdowns every now and again that unit can burn, i hate it too ! :angry:
Reply 1734
did u do PSYA3? i loved the paper but yeah learning it was very distressful i had mental breakdowns every now and again that unit can burn, i hate it too ! :angry:

nah i don't do AQA? I do OCR (54 studies of absolute nonsense)
Original post by JessW12
For world cities retailing hasn't come up yet for a 40 marker so that could?

What do people think for the globalisation and development 40 marker?

I don't have to do the human 40 marker, thankfully :biggrin:
Original post by M.dale
If not out-of-town retailing for WC 40 marker, what else could pop up as the 40 marker?! :O

IDK something scary but i really hope that is the question !!!!!!! (:
Original post by Mizz_S
nah i don't do AQA? I do OCR (54 studies of absolute nonsense)

oh, at least u dnt have to do it again (:
Reply 1738
oh, at least u dnt have to do it again (:

lol, very true. what topics are you doing for geog??
Original post by Mizz_S
lol, very true. what topics are you doing for geog??

world cities, globalisation + plate tectonics.... wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending