The Student Room Group

Details of your journey to your PGCE Placements

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Mullen
You live over the road dont you! I saw you! I will wait out there for you tomorrow morning!" lol.

The most common remark made to teachers who live in catchment is "I'm going to egg your house".
Reply 21
Original post by Keziah

At another interview, where I didn't get in, the university said they have a limit of 40 miles for people who drive, and 2 bus changes for those who don't. 40 miles is pretty far though - I'm commuting 20 miles each way at the moment and that takes about 45 minutes (though obviously it would depend what roads you have to use).

40 miles is an awful lot yes. Especially given the majority (if not all of them) will not give expenses for travelling. I do appreciate their hands may be tied though in terms of partner schools, but I wonder if a lot of their staff would be willing to do that distance? I think not.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Mr M
The most common remark made to teachers who live in catchment is "I'm going to egg your house".

There may be some flour involved as well i would imagine!
Reply 23
Original post by Jimmy Mullen
I dont remember being asked about transport at all at my PGCE interview, and never really asked much about placement distances (probably should have). Anyway, they will know about it if they send me too far!!

They didn't ask at interview, I think it was about a week into the course.
Reply 24
Original post by *Darcie*
They didn't ask at interview, I think it was about a week into the course.

OK, no I was just saying there was no mention at my interview, and I had that many things flying about so I think I didn't mention travelling. I'm sure there will be discussions early on as you say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending