The Student Room Group

Applying for 2013 entry after 2years out of education....

Hi guys.

Basically all I'm looking for is a bit of advice.... I applied for university in 2010 when I was doing my A-levels and failed to meet the entry requirements, was offered an alternative course but decided against taking my place for that course.

I'm looking into becoming a primary school teacher and after some thought, have decided to go down the route of doing a degree, such as educational studies and applying for a place at university for 2013 entry.

I've had a range of experience within school environments over the years and some since i haven't been in education.

I got 2 CCs and a D in my A-levels, a D in an AS subject and completed Key Skills Level 3 ICT.

Do you think i have a good chance of getting a place on a course?

Thanks
If I found out my child's teacher got two Cs and a D at A-Level I'd be concerned. But to answer your question you obviously need to check out the university entry requirements to see. If that's what you really want to do and the grades aren't good enough, consider looking into a 1 year access course at your local college.
Reply 2
Original post by rocket0612
If I found out my child's teacher got two Cs and a D at A-Level I'd be concerned. But to answer your question you obviously need to check out the university entry requirements to see. If that's what you really want to do and the grades aren't good enough, consider looking into a 1 year access course at your local college.

Erm, why would you be concerned?

I had personal circumstances which affected my results but grades don't say everything about a person and you constantly further your knowledge in whatever you're doing in life. It takes 3-4 years to train to become a teacher, those years are just as much about learning more as well as learning how to teach.
Original post by bexiboo-09
I had personal circumstances which affected my results.

So do many many people who achieve more. Everyone has personal circumstances that affect them, it's called life.

Original post by bexiboo-09
It takes 3-4 years to train to become a teacher, those years are just as much about learning more as well as learning how to teach.

No, they are primarily aimed at learning how to teach, the degree isn't a holistic degree in "learning more".

Look, I am not trying to knock you, I was thinking my advice about an access course would be of help in giving you another go if you can't get into uni to do teaching with your grades, that's all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending