Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WJEC ICT exam IT3 13/6/12

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

i just wanted to know if anyone here is doing the WJEC ICT unit 3 written exam (GCSE) on the 13th? I'm really really stressed about it because my coursework marks are both C's. I have a B on my previous written, so i need to get at-least an A on this one. My teacher throughout hasn't been great, and i'm terrified of the exam coming up. If anyone else is doing it, could you reply and explain what is likely to come up?

Cheers

PS- i heard it is a new type of exam (great :eek:) has anyone got an idea what they mean by that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm also doing it. To be honest we haven't had a great deal of information on it other than just to ''revise the text books thoroughly''. And just a quick note did you sit the ICT Unit 1 on the 1st June?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dscott07)
    Yeah I'm also doing it. To be honest we haven't had a great deal of information on it other than just to ''revise the text books thoroughly''. And just a quick note did you sit the ICT Unit 1 on the 1st June?
    I know right. Due to it being a new spec aswell there is hardly any past material. No, i did Unit 1 in January i think, the written paper right?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba96)
    I know right. Due to it being a new spec aswell there is hardly any past material. No, i did Unit 1 in January i think, the written paper right?
    I have it too Very worried!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip345)
    I have it too Very worried!
    I'm glad all of us are worried! Hahaha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 on the first was really easy hopefully this one will follow suit. Though I retook unit one as everyone thought it was really easy but then got grades 2 or 3 below what they expected.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Scrap that! Thought you were talking about the A Level IT3!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That was so easy. The grade boundaries are going to be so high! I finished an hour early. 2hrs 30 is far too long! How did everyone else find it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TB.93)
    2hrs 30 is far too long!
    presume your'e refering to the A-level exam then since ours was an hour and a half. I finished GCSE paper in 25 mins. 1hr 05mins of just sitting there
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamsebob)
    presume your'e refering to the A-level exam then since ours was an hour and a half. I finished GCSE paper in 25 mins. 1hr 05mins of just sitting there
    Same haha :P I'm reserving judgement as to whether I did well or not, you just never know with WJEC
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So then how did everyone find today's exam???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was that thing with the triangle neat the end? the one about searching? It could of been anything!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was the golden triangle it was in our revision guide although no one in our exam got it and had to look afterwards. It was only one mark though so it doesn't really matter. Did you get the second bit about explaining it.

To be fair though it was only two lines in the revision guide.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how did you find the exam overall? I'm not sure how I did.... :s I hope the grade boundaries are lower than unit 1 was last year! (and that they actually mark the papers correctly this year...)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! I don't want to come back after finding it so easy and almost failing again

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.