The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snehame
Okay this is kind of a very weird and random question but do you think Warwick has any society or something by which you could go on a trip to the United States? :s-smilie:

Not directly

You may be interested in Comparative American Studies if you're interested in the Americas, and Warwick explorers if you just fancy travelling. I don't know of any other societies however :dontknow:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1581
Original post by Nirgilis
Not directly

You may be interested in Comparative American Studies if you're interested in the Americas, and Warwick explorers if you just fancy travelling. I don't know of any other societies however :dontknow:

Haha :biggrin: Thanks I'm not exactly interested in the Americas more like interested in my boyfriend who studies there, and I also want to travel there.
Original post by missach
Hey!
Nope, don't worry- I also haven't got a confirmation email/letter after firming Warwick :frown: I guess they don't really tend to send any.
I wouldn't worry about it, seeing as I don't think anyone else has too :smile:

Ahhh thank you :smile: I was getting worried I'd just have to go to my insurance three As or not haha
Reply 1583
Firmed my Unconditional offer for Biochemistry. EXCITED.

A-levels: AABBa
GCSE: 5A*s 7As

(I'm yet to master Wiki-editing and fear I may ruin the perfection. I'd appreciate someone adding this for the stalkers.)
Reply 1584
Original post by Tsunami2011
:woo: what course?

Accomodation is varied, do you want en-suite? 39 week let? flats or corridors?

join http://www.facebook.com/groups/351644164886657/

sociology! how about you? yeah preferably en suite, i live in buckinghamshire so not too far from warwick so probably 30 week rent, especially as if i get en suite it'll be so much more! corridoors, more sociable :wink:
Original post by kate_bei
sociology! how about you? yeah preferably en suite, i live in buckinghamshire so not too far from warwick so probably 30 week rent, especially as if i get en suite it'll be so much more! corridoors, more sociable :wink:

Doing Law like a bore.:wink: I think JM is the only corridors set up for en-suite! Blubell, Arthur Vick, Sherbourne are all flats! But I doubt it'll matter much!
Reply 1586
Ah I was thinking of doing law but wasn't 100% so may do a conversion later on :smile: yeah was thinking JM actually it's so expensive though wah. My sister who is at uni in London has cheaper accommodation, catered and en suite than jm :frown: x
Ah I was thinking of doing law but wasn't 100% so may do a conversion later on :smile: yeah was thinking JM actually it's so expensive though wah. My sister who is at uni in London has cheaper accommodation, catered and en suite than jm :frown: x

Ah yeah, beginning to think a law degree is useless lol. Have a look at Sherbourne, it's cheaper than Jack Martin and still en-suite! £117 p/w Everything will be new aswell, since it's only being built as I type! Ah see you've joined the FB group:wink: Yeah I'm sure they are just trying to squeeze students out of every penny, since an en-suite room doesn't seem to need to be £40+ more expensive than Rootes.
Reply 1588
JM actually works out cheaper though at a 30 week let :smile:
Reply 1589
Hi !.....does anyone know what are the accurate employment rates of students completing their undergraduate at Warwick ?
Reply 1590
Original post by Tsunami2011
Ah yeah, beginning to think a law degree is useless lol. Have a look at Sherbourne, it's cheaper than Jack Martin and still en-suite! £117 p/w Everything will be new aswell, since it's only being built as I type! Ah see you've joined the FB group:wink: Yeah I'm sure they are just trying to squeeze students out of every penny, since an en-suite room doesn't seem to need to be £40+ more expensive than Rootes.

Yeah I was thinking of sherbourne but I would prefer to live in halls not flats as I've heard they are more sociable and stuff. And yeah sherbourne is less per week but it's a longer letting period than jm so would work out more expensive! Yes I sure have :smile: attempting to give myself some motivation but it just isn't working, am not confident at all for any of my exams!

HEY! I am also doing sociology:smile: :biggrin:
Reply 1592
hello!!
anyone applying for Law and Business or got an offer for Law and Business :biggrin:
im year 12 student and wanna ask more about the offers :biggrin:
Reply 1593
Original post by needhelp1234
HEY! I am also doing sociology:smile: :biggrin:

Yay I have found another friend! Are you on the Facebook group for Warwick generally? Is your offer aab/where do you wana stay? Applied for accommodation today if I don't get my first second or third choice I will not be happy, the last two were just ones I didn't really look at!! Big mistake
when does accomodation open?
Reply 1595
Original post by like_a_star
when does accomodation open?

It's open.
Yay I have found another friend! Are you on the Facebook group for Warwick generally? Is your offer aab/where do you wana stay? Applied for accommodation today if I don't get my first second or third choice I will not be happy, the last two were just ones I didn't really look at!! Big mistake

Yeah I am! I do IB, so my offer is 36 points, which is pretty much equivalent to AAB :smile:. I applied yesterday) I want to get either Sherbourne or Benefactor (was gonna put down JM, but figured that the chances of me ACTUALLY getting it are pretty slim). What are the three halls you want to get? Did you guys already have your exams? After mine, I feel like Warwick - is an illusion at this point and I am not getting in, I even had a dream about it today ahahahah
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1597
Yeah I am! I do IB, so my offer is 36 points, which is pretty much equivalent to AAB :smile:. I applied yesterday) I want to get either Sherbourne or Benefactor (was gonna put down JM, but figured that the chances of me ACTUALLY getting it are pretty slim). What are the three halls you want to get? Did you guys already have your exams? After mine, I feel like Warwick - is an illusion at this point and I am not getting in, I even had a dream about it today ahahahah

ahh okay :smile: do you not live in england then? ahh nice one :smile: i put jack martin, rootes and then sherbourne so might see ya there :smile: last two i put were totally irrelevant as i do not want to go there. nope i'm doing mine at the moment, have two tomorrow (wah) and my last one which is another sociology next tuesday. yeah me too don't worry - each exam goes by and i realise how silly i was to even think i will get the grades to get in, especially with my motivation decreasing daily. have you finished all of your exams?
ahh okay :smile: do you not live in england then? ahh nice one :smile: i put jack martin, rootes and then sherbourne so might see ya there :smile: last two i put were totally irrelevant as i do not want to go there. nope i'm doing mine at the moment, have two tomorrow (wah) and my last one which is another sociology next tuesday. yeah me too don't worry - each exam goes by and i realise how silly i was to even think i will get the grades to get in, especially with my motivation decreasing daily. have you finished all of your exams?

Yess! I might see you there then. Oh. Also, i put down Rootes as my third choice :P No, I live in Moscow :smile: I know the feeling, ahaha, motivate yourself by thinking about next yearr! Good luck!! You can do it! Yeah, my exams finished awhile ago and the results will be out on 6th of July. Fingers crossed:biggrin:
Reply 1599
Yess! I might see you there then. Oh. Also, i put down Rootes as my third choice :P No, I live in Moscow :smile: I know the feeling, ahaha, motivate yourself by thinking about next yearr! Good luck!! You can do it! Yeah, my exams finished awhile ago and the results will be out on 6th of July. Fingers crossed:biggrin:

ah sounds good :smile: rootes looks like fun. ah wow that's so cool! yeah i'm trying to - i'm more motivated by the thought of going out next thursday and going on holiday haha. ah thank you! my last exam on tuesday and i'm bricking it - no way am i ready for it wahhh :frown:
oh lucky that's so soon! we don't hear until mid august which will be a bummer if you don't get in - literally have under a month to figure out what you're doing with your life! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending