The Student Room Group

C3 (Not MEI) - Thursday June 14 2012, AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Grade boundary for an A has been between 50-54 for the last 4 papers. This was the same difficulty so expect the same.
Reply 301
Original post by Doctor.
I would have to go with 2 and 0 - Think 1 and 0 was for 9(iii)

Definetly was 1 and 0,

9 iii) said X=2 and X=0 the volume of solid
Reply 302
Original post by seamen
same hahahaha I guess I will have to make it up in core 4, we might get a few marks, it was out of 3 I think, so maybe 1 or 2

f.our.lives.seamen. :frown:
Reply 303
What was the answer for the last question 9(iii)?
ONly question i really couldn't do was a 4 marker, after the R(sinx +a) where we had to find K and C.

ALso, the last question, i made a mistake on the two marker. I Forgot that it'd had made a Cube of 2x2x1/2e^4. I did it as a square. Then realised with 20 seconds to go, then tried to rush it, then got a negative answer! xD Just realised now it's because i forgot the Pi

I also struggled with the 2 2 marker Tan questions. Wasn't sure what it was asking. Did we have to put it equal to 6? DId we have to use the formulas in the book? I didn't feel the question was clear, maybe i'm just a spack! I just wrote everything i knew!

Looking back now, i'm less confident than i was when i had just come out of the exam :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 305
Original post by Tyles
f.our.lives.seamen. :frown:

4 Marks? we might get 2/4 .
Original post by klucys047
How did everyone find c3 edexcel? I found it rather difficult x

yeah i did edexcel as well and yea i found it quite difficult. especially q.3 about the gradient of the turning points.
i also struggled with the 4cosec^2x question but i worked it out in the end....
Reply 307
Original post by Sem193
What was the answer for the last question 9(iii)?

erm well you had to work out the cylinder and minus part ii. i think cylinder was 2pi(e^4) and so that minus, cant remember the answer but i think the limits were between (pi/2)e^(x^2) and 1/2 and equation that needed to be intergrated was ln2y?
Reply 308
The k and c question was bloody hard! rest was alright apart from that
Reply 309
Original post by seamen
In my school people struggled with the paper so might be lower than that, 62,63,64.

For an A*.

dude don't stress about this exam! Just do better in C4 and it'll be sorted :smile: Everyone at my school struggled to finish so to be honest, I think it'll be lower grade boundaries I think!

so yeah just focus on C4 :smile:
Original post by Tyles
I balls'd this up. I just did the usual intergrating formula of a bracketed of 1/n+1

I hate human error.

I didn't expand the brackets, I just did the chain rule. Don't you still get the same answer? Hope you do haha
Reply 311
Original post by xX-ViK-Xx
erm well you had to work out the cylinder and minus part ii. i think cylinder was 2pi(e^4) and so that minus, cant remember the answer but i think the limits were between (pi/2)e^(x^2) and 1/2 and equation that needed to be intergrated was ln2y?

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I think my friend said the same thing, but I didn't understand her! I've got that wrong then, haha. Oh well.
Reply 312
Can anyone remember what f(x) was in that 7 marker functions one? I remember what g^1(x) but not f(x).
Reply 313
Original post by Tukazoar
Can anyone remember what f(x) was in that 7 marker functions one? I remember what g^1(x) but not f(x).

2x + 5 i think
Reply 314
Thought this was the best in terms of ability to do it in comparison to the last few years past papers...

I don't think I put the value of n as an integer for question 2 don't quite remember the numbers so not even sure if I got any of it lol.
Reply 315
Can someone scan in the paper? Someone usually does..
Reply 316
Original post by Doctor.
dude don't stress about this exam! Just do better in C4 and it'll be sorted :smile: Everyone at my school struggled to finish so to be honest, I think it'll be lower grade boundaries I think!

so yeah just focus on C4 :smile:

Ok good I know I got above an A but really want an A* so need to bust my ass on C4, just hoping for similar grade boundaries to january.
Reply 317
How many marks out of 72 do you think you would need for an A?

I think I lost about 8 marks on the last question, 4 marks on Q8, and one or two marks elsewhere. So if 58/72 ... what would that be?
Reply 318
Original post by mfmdanny
Everybody here does OCR mate...

oh right hahaha didn't see that mate
Reply 319
Original post by samjj8
How many marks out of 72 do you think you would need for an A?

I think I lost about 8 marks on the last question, 4 marks on Q8, and one or two marks elsewhere. So if 58/72 ... what would that be?

54-56 be my best guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending