The Student Room Group

Potentially failed my exams

Hi,

Err, well basically, despite having revised tonnes and tonnes, I think I'm going to completely miss my offer and not get into uni. I don't even think I'll get even near to AAB at this rate. I've messed up 3/4 of my exams and I don't know how I even managed that, but I just am taking it as a given now.

I wanted to ask whether if anyone knew about whether unis really looked down on you resitting a couple of exams in January of next year, and reapplying for 2013 entry?

I don't even know where to start trying to sort things out, could anyone give me any pointers?

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

just dont cash in until u resit the exams
with me i flopped 3 exams at A2 I NEEDED AAB to get into uni for law and i got ABD so i retook both english lit and maths and got an A and B AND ENDED UP GETTING INTO LSE FOR LAW
Reply 2
Original post by bradfriedal24
just dont cash in until u resit the exams
with me i flopped 3 exams at A2 I NEEDED AAB to get into uni for law and i got ABD so i retook both english lit and maths and got an A and B AND ENDED UP GETTING INTO LSE FOR LAW

thats a complete utter lie. LSE law would not accept someone for AAB especially if they had to resit some exams AFTER yr13
im 28 mate this was a long time ago just giving u some hope -things have changed
man i think u shld be revising for ur retakes lol is not like ur gonna get anywhere by talking to me lol
Reply 5
Original post by tdkr
you're 28 ? well you should've mentioned that in your first post because that info you gave was way out of date giving the OP false sense of hope based on out of date sources. and plus, i still find it hard to believe that an established uni like LSE would've offered AAB for Law in 2003

Unnecessary attack on Brad?
Reply 6
Wait till you get your results OP, then plan your next move. You never know until you get your results.
Reply 7
Original post by andrew_c
Wait till you get your results OP, then plan your next move. You never know until you get your results.

I honestly do think that I've failed though, I just need to start making some sort of preparation or have some idea of what to incase I need to. :frown:
On the other hand... you potentially didn't fail your exams and may be going to uni next year!! :biggrin:

Try to keep positive until results day - you shouldn't/can't make any serious decisions until then!
(edited 11 years ago)
zingo man wot has the world come 2
Depends on the course and the university to be honest

If it's Medicine or Dentistry, then resitting A Levels is not allowed. It's the same scenario for Oxbridge. Some universities require higher grades but most decent universities usually don't discriminate and treat you equally compared to students who complete their A Levels in 2 years. Each university has their own resit policy, I advise you to email the universities you are applying to and ask whether they allow resits or whether they ask for higher requirements. As far as I know, achieving the required grades alone should be enough for most decent universities.
Reply 11
Original post by Hearty_Beast
On the other hand... you potentially didn't fail your exams and will be going to uni next year!! :biggrin:

Try to keep positive until results day - you shouldn't/can't make any serious decisions until then!

Honestly, I've been on here on threads looking at what other people have written and I'm not even near the same quality. :frown: I'm trying but I just need some kind of hope that it's not all over.
Reply 12
Original post by FuzzySheep
I honestly do think that I've failed though, I just need to start making some sort of preparation or have some idea of what to incase I need to. :frown:

I had a horrific maths exam today, where i couldn't do half the paper so i know what you mean. My plan is to work out what units i would retake if i need to and then work on it until results day, as i dont really want to go to my insurance uni anymore :s-smilie:.
Reply 13
Original post by The Doggfather
Depends on the course and the university to be honest

If it's Medicine or Dentistry, then resitting A Levels is not allowed. It's the same scenario for Oxbridge. Some universities require higher grades but most decent universities usually don't discriminate and treat you equally compared to students who complete their A Levels in 2 years. Each university has their own resit policy, I advise you to email the universities you are applying to and ask whether they allow resits or whether they ask for higher requirements. As far as I know, achieving the required grades alone should be enough for most decent universities.

Thank you :smile:

I had a horrific maths exam today, where i couldn't do half the paper so i know what you mean. My plan is to work out what units i would retake if i need to and then work on it until results day, as i dont really want to go to my insurance uni anymore :s-smilie:.

I'm sorry you feel you're in the same situation. I was completely dependent on the paper I did today so I'm finding it pretty hard to work out what to do. I think I'll start planning ahead like you are.
Hi,

Err, well basically, despite having revised tonnes and tonnes, I think I'm going to completely miss my offer and not get into uni. I don't even think I'll get even near to AAB at this rate. I've messed up 3/4 of my exams and I don't know how I even managed that, but I just am taking it as a given now.

I wanted to ask whether if anyone knew about whether unis really looked down on you resitting a couple of exams in January of next year, and reapplying for 2013 entry?

I don't even know where to start trying to sort things out, could anyone give me any pointers?

Thank you.

You never know how you've done until Results day, you may have done really well! I think most people feel they've done rubbish after exams but once they're done, there's no point in analysing them :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by pink pineapple
You never know how you've done until Results day, you may have done really well! I think most people feel they've done rubbish after exams but once they're done, there's no point in analysing them :smile:

It's just that I've seen what people have written on here, and I'm nowhere close, so I can't have done well. I messed up the exam I was totally reliant on for today. I'm trying but it's really hard :frown:
Reply 16
Thank you :smile:

I'm sorry you feel you're in the same situation. I was completely dependent on the paper I did today so I'm finding it pretty hard to work out what to do. I think I'll start planning ahead like you are.

Thanks you :smile:, good luck and i hope you get the results you want. Not sure why someone negged your post but i pos repped it to balance.
Reply 17
Thanks you :smile:, good luck and i hope you get the results you want. Not sure why someone negged your post but i pos repped it to balance.

Thank you, you too :smile:
Honestly, I've been on here on threads looking at what other people have written and I'm not even near the same quality. :frown: I'm trying but I just need some kind of hope that it's not all over.

We all remember what we do wrong - And the people on TSR may either be top, top students... or even just posting the perfect answers that they wish they had written!
There are plenty of A's to be handed out - even if all the epic people on TSR get A's... therell be plenty left for the rest of us :smile:

If you don't miss it by much - you may be able to beg your way in on results day...
As to resitting the year, depends what/where you're going, but you may be able to get in. (Though you may have to reapply next year.)

It's not all over yet!!
You probably did far better than you're imagining. Try to relax til results day! :biggrin:
Reply 19
I'm in 3rd year, received 5/5 offers inc. 3 good russel groups and loughborough for geography. I would think it depends on the subject, but for me at least it did not affect it. In fact, in my 2nd year I finished an A level, and all the uni's noted I had one completed A level, and consequently got offers of just 2 grades.

Quick Reply

Latest