The Student Room Group

I was late for my Media GCSE exam today? What will happen?

I misread my information paper on when the exam was and mistook it as being tommorrow. So today I got a phone call from the exam officer stating I was meant to be in a exam. I was told I could still take it but the exam board (AQA) may refuse the work. In the end I was 57 minutes late for the 90 minute exam and I was given extra time for it. The exam officer will now write a report on what happened and it may or may not get accepted. What is most likely to happen in this situation?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure
Do you have a valid reason- apart from the fact that you misread your timetable sheet?
Reply 2
I think that they just forgive it don't they or at least mark the work you have done.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by subjectman10
I'm not sure
Do you have a valid reason- apart from the fact that you misread your timetable sheet?

Honestly no, I mean I could say things such as I was lacking a lot of sleep and was in a mess on the day i.e my head wasn't in the frame of mind. I doubt that would make a difference though. I'm just really scared at it not being accepted. Are Aqa normally strict on this type of thing?
Not really, I think they'll let you off.
fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by subjectman10
Not really, I think they'll let you off.
fingers crossed! :smile:

I really do hope so ::frown:
Reply 6
Don't worry there were loads of people late for my AQA exam today and I don't think there were any repercussions

Reply 7
Original post by joshg
Don't worry there were loads of people late for my AQA exam today and I don't think there were any repercussions

Really? For the media exam? And also how late were they?
Reply 8
No it was a geog but they were about 10 minutes in

Reply 9
Original post by joshg
No it was a geog but they were about 10 minutes in

Yeah that's my worry, that i was nearly an hour late. Scared :frown:
Reply 10
Has anyone been in a similar situation or no of somebody who has?
Reply 11
The fire alarm went off in the media exam in my school today, I wasn't in it though - what actually happens in this case

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
Reply 12
Original post by Jamsebob
The fire alarm went off in the media exam in my school today, I wasn't in it though - what actually happens in this case

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191

Probably depends what happened and how the students who were sitting the test were ordered to leave... if they remained apart and in silence then perhaps they may get special consideration (that happened to a school on the news I think two years ago) or the time added on to what they have missed. Either way, it was disrupted.. to they should get something.
Reply 13
Original post by mark4356
I misread my information paper on when the exam was and mistook it as being tommorrow. So today I got a phone call from the exam officer stating I was meant to be in a exam. I was told I could still take it but the exam board (AQA) may refuse the work. In the end I was 57 minutes late for the 90 minute exam and I was given extra time for it. The exam officer will now write a report on what happened and it may or may not get accepted. What is most likely to happen in this situation?

You should be fine. I think the same thing happened two years ago with one of my brother and a few of his friends (they didn't realise they had an exam... Stupid, I know!)... Anyway, the exam officer rang home, he went in and as far as I'm aware.. his paper got marked as did the other students who were later than himself and he recieved a grade. Hope this helps!
Reply 14
Original post by SJC
You should be fine. I think the same thing happened two years ago with one of my brother and a few of his friends (they didn't realise they had an exam... Stupid, I know!)... Anyway, the exam officer rang home, he went in and as far as I'm aware.. his paper got marked as did the other students who were later than himself and he recieved a grade. Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, made me feel much better after reading this post. Due to get my answer on monday I think. Will update you guys on any news.
Reply 15
someone came at the end of a science exam in year 11 for me, and all was fine. Seeing as though you made it in the time frame, so there was no way for you to know what was in the exam, you should be fine
Reply 16
Original post by H.Maleki
someone came at the end of a science exam in year 11 for me, and all was fine. Seeing as though you made it in the time frame, so there was no way for you to know what was in the exam, you should be fine

Really? He was let off just like that?
Reply 17
Original post by mark4356
Really? He was let off just like that?

lol yea, we spoke ot him after the exam and he just arrived at school, went in and done it haha
Reply 18
Original post by H.Maleki
lol yea, we spoke ot him after the exam and he just arrived at school, went in and done it haha

No repercussion whatsoever?
Reply 19
I think it will be ok- as long as its within an hour, well in my school anyway

Quick Reply

Latest