Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Is A Level Photography easy?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thinking of doing it, I love taking photos and I like that its project based and you dont have to revise for the exams!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you are good at.. 'easy' can mean different things for different people! I do know that there is a lot of coursework involved but if you keep up it shouldn't be too difficult
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You might as well not bother. Do History or chem or physics, they're the best
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not hard, but time consuming. Basically, your grade is directly proportional to the amount of time you put in.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Point and shoot right?

*this was meant as a joke*
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with the above, it definitely requires time and dedication to actually go out and get the images and then get it all written up. But other than that, if you stay ahead and get things done quickly, it's really easy to do.

I'm doing it alongside Economics, History and English Lit. I'm dropping it this year though, but it was certainly worth doing. Fun and easy, meaning that I could concentrate on the harder subjects more.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's particularly hard - just really time consuming. I have a couple of friends who do it, and some of them do art at the same time, and it's just consssttaaannnttt work. Manage your time well and it should be fine though!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it's anything like art, the coursework must be annoying as hell.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGrumpyMole)
    thats too boring for me ahaha :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaminn)
    Agreed with the above, it definitely requires time and dedication to actually go out and get the images and then get it all written up. But other than that, if you stay ahead and get things done quickly, it's really easy to do.

I'm doing it alongside Economics, History and English Lit. I'm dropping it this year though, but it was certainly worth doing. Fun and easy, meaning that I could concentrate on the harder subjects more.
    But in relation to the harder subjects isnt it easier to get a good grade? you should of kept it haha
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxiinee)
    But in relation to the harder subjects isnt it easier to get a good grade? you should of kept it haha
    Yes it certainly is easier but I want to do law at uni so keeping economics, history and English are the strongest choices for me. But I know of people who have done photography and got into Cambridge to study history.

It's up to you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, very.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It isn't too hard but it is definately time consuming, don't underestimate the work load.

I don't do it but know people who do
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hard? No if you've got skill.

Time consuming? Well, around deadline day be prepared to say goodbye to your social life!!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Errrrr, I'd say more pointless than easy or more pointless than anything else.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSuicide)
    Errrrr, I'd say more pointless than easy or more pointless than anything else.
    pointless?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is not easier to get a good grade than any other subject. If anything it requires more work, more thought, more dedication than anything else. There's no correct answer that you can spout out for an exam - you have to be creative, innovative and you have to have something to say. Liking taking pictures is not enough to get you a good grade - you need to understand the history and theory just like anything else.

The coursework is incredibly time consuming, and counts for 60% of your grade. The exam prompts are normally pretty crap tbh, you'll get a five hour exam in the first year and fifteen hours in the second. The moderators can be INCREDIBLY harsh - at my college, last years second year all got taken down 12 marks for each project (total of 24), and they were a pretty crap-ish year, but still. My year was moderated down 5 marks. So your grade is equally dependent on how much effort everyone else puts in.

Having said that, photography is my favourite subject and I'm starting my degree in September, and because I've been interested (I mean really interested) since I was twelve or so it has been fairly okay for me. Plus my teachers are lovely Just don't assume it'll be easy...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of doing too, what software will i need?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGrumpyMole)
    If we're talking the best A-levels, you forgot Maths

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 5, 2014
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.