The Student Room Group

Could I get into a better University for Architecture?

I am on track to get A*, B, C in Art, Maths and Biology respectively. I have firmed an offer from DMU for 280 ucas points and have insuranced an offer from Sheffield Hallam for 300ucas points. I have a D in AS Physics and hopefully a C for my extended project.
What are the chances of me getting into a better university through adjustment, if I have a chance what unis do you reccommend??
Thanks, :smile:
Original post by Penbole
I am on track to get A*, B, C in Art, Maths and Biology respectively. I have firmed an offer from DMU for 280 ucas points and have insuranced an offer from Sheffield Hallam for 300ucas points. I have a D in AS Physics and hopefully a C for my extended project.
What are the chances of me getting into a better university through adjustment, if I have a chance what unis do you reccommend??
Thanks, :smile:

Architecture isn't my field, so I can't really help, but I just wondered why your insurance was higher than your firm? Don't pin your hopes on adjustment, btw. Only 400 - 500 people have found a new course this way each year since it started and they are usually from undersubscribed courses to start with.
not sure, but as far as i know, places for architecture aren't the easiest to come by (i applied for architecture this year, not just making this up!). don't really know where you could find space at if that makes sense? chances are that anywhere that is substantially better is probably full up anyway. guess you could contact universities individually?
Reply 3
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Architecture isn't my field, so I can't really help, but I just wondered why your insurance was higher than your firm? Don't pin your hopes on adjustment, btw. Only 400 - 500 people have found a new course this way each year since it started and they are usually from undersubscribed courses to start with.

My insurance is higher than my firm becuase I prefered DMU, but made the insurance incase it burns down :smile:
Original post by Penbole
My insurance is higher than my firm becuase I prefered DMU, but made the insurance incase it burns down :smile:

Well, it's the first time I've heard that one. Top marks for original thinking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending