The Student Room Group

MSc Forensic Psychology

Is anyone/has anyone applied for this programme at any institute?

I've recieved an offer from Birmingham City and I am still awaiting news from University of Leicester. So has anyone heard back from Leicester yet?

Let me know your thoughts.
You might want to try the Psychology forum as the chances of getting a reply is probably higher there:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=210

:smile:
Reply 2
Hey,

I had my interview at Leicester on Thursday 24th May and was given an Unconditional the next day. They got in touch with the people who they were making unconditionals to because (as you probably already know) the places on the course are limited and they need to hear back from the unconditional lot first so they can see how much room they have on the course after them.
Reply 3
Original post by bisquits
Hey,

I had my interview at Leicester on Thursday 24th May and was given an Unconditional the next day. They got in touch with the people who they were making unconditionals to because (as you probably already know) the places on the course are limited and they need to hear back from the unconditional lot first so they can see how much room they have on the course after them.

Hello, thanks for replying and well done on your offer.

As of yet, I still havent heard anything back regarding an interview.

Still, can I ask what questions they asked you in the interview?

Well done once again! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by KadeK
Hello, thanks for replying and well done on your offer.

As of yet, I still havent heard anything back regarding an interview.

Still, can I ask what questions they asked you in the interview?

Well done once again! :biggrin:

Hey,

Yes of course you can :smile: they asked the typical questions that you would expect, such as, why you want to study at Leicester and why you want to study the Forensic Psychology MSc. They also wanted to know if I had studied any forensic psychology modules in my undergrad and asked to know a bit about my dissertation. They also ask about what you hope to do career-wise. Really its the typical questions that you would expect to be asked. I hope I was of some help.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. When did you submit your application?

Lauren.
I am just coming to the end of my msc in the same subject and although im not studying at any of your choices I just wanted to point out that if you want to persue a career in forensic psychology Birmingham city Uni does not actually have the accreditation from the bps yet (as of 2 mths ago) and so do not provide stage 1. However if they have since received it ignore me and Good luck x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
Original post by Danniitb
I am just coming to the end of my msc in the same subject and although im not studying at any of your choices I just wanted to point out that if you want to persue a career in forensic psychology Birmingham city Uni does not actually have the accreditation from the bps yet (as of 2 mths ago) and so do not provide stage 1. However if they have since received it ignore me and Good luck x

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Well I looked on the BPS website on accredited courses and the MSc Forensic Psychology course at Birmingham City University is accredited for all intakes from 2010/2011.

Where did you hear that they weren't accredited (as of 2 months ago)?

Just a little worried now. If there accreditation was "taken away" recently surely the BPS would have updated their website accordingly?

Thanks.
Reply 7
Original post by bisquits
Hey,

Yes of course you can :smile: they asked the typical questions that you would expect, such as, why you want to study at Leicester and why you want to study the Forensic Psychology MSc. They also wanted to know if I had studied any forensic psychology modules in my undergrad and asked to know a bit about my dissertation. They also ask about what you hope to do career-wise. Really its the typical questions that you would expect to be asked. I hope I was of some help.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. When did you submit your application?

Lauren.

Thanks!

Well I submitted my application within the week of the deadline (so 24th May). What about you?
Original post by KadeK
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Well I looked on the BPS website on accredited courses and the MSc Forensic Psychology course at Birmingham City University is accredited for all intakes from 2010/2011.

Where did you hear that they weren't accredited (as of 2 months ago)?

Just a little worried now. If there accreditation was "taken away" recently surely the BPS would have updated their website accordingly?

Thanks.

I was talking to someone in the admissions department at the university and they said it hadn't been confirmed yet but if the bps site has it there then that person must have gotten it wrong or hadn't been updated. Sorry to have worried you and good luck with your course

Reply 9
Original post by KadeK
Is anyone/has anyone applied for this programme at any institute?

I've recieved an offer from Birmingham City and I am still awaiting news from University of Leicester. So has anyone heard back from Leicester yet?

Let me know your thoughts.

Would really appreciate any tips on what the BCU interview involved. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending