The Student Room Group

Is a guy's career and income important to a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Well, yes, I find it interesting too, which is why it's my job. I'm speaking from personal experience, most women don't give a **** about science.

Who gives a **** what they think, do what you want
No it doesn't. As long as I find him physically attractive then it's ok. I presume the same applies in the opposite situation also.
Reply 42
Original post by pinkangelgirl
to me, i like a guy that has ambition and drive in whatever he does

that doesnt mean he has to be earning loads of money- as long as he wants to do well at whatever he does!

Agreed!
Today, most females are pretty much independent or self-sufficient. If so, this means the female earns her own money so a guy's income/career is less of a priority. I would rate looks and personality over income and career.
Ambition, drive, dominance and power are all traditionally masculine traits to have, so a guy who is focused on his career and earns a lot would possess those qualities, and therefore be attractive to me, and a lot of women in general.

Ofcourse you can't rule out the fact that some women are golddiggers, but for me anyway, it's the qualities a guy who is in a high-power job is more likely to have that would make him more attractive to me, not the money he earns.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Personally, nah. Im attracted to guys that are really passionate about something, i dont care what it is.. it could be that they have a mundane 9-5 job but are really passionate about their sport, or whatever it is. Obviously money is important to get by, but from a young age ive had the mindset of wanting to be able to fund for myself and my family(as in kids when i one day have them) Therefore I've got to where I am now.. a medical student. Im pretty much guaranteed a job as a doctor in 5 years time and this is sufficient to run a family. As long as the guy was on the same level as me in terms of understanding my lifestyle of how difficult and demanding it is on many levels including academic and social and they fact that ill have to work night shifts etc.. just so long as were on the same length, im happy. I'd happily marry a chef or a farmer or guitarist etc. Not to say I wouldnt marry another doctor, im open to all options. His income isnt important to me.. However, other girls views may differ.
To an extent. No one (with sense) is going to want to go out with someone who's on the dole and has no plan to get try and get a job. Most girls want to be with someone who in the long run is going to be able to help support them and a family. Obviously, if she is a girl with class and sense then she's going to want to be able to contribute too. But no one (again with sense ) is going to want to be with a guy who sits around doing nothing all day whilst she works.

Though having an established and stable career I would say is what's important, not necessarily earning loads of cash.
Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
To an extent. No one (with sense) is going to want to go out with someone who's on the dole and has no plan to get try and get a job. Most girls want to be with someone who in the long run is going to be able to help support them and a family. Obviously, if she is a girl with class and sense then she's going to want to be able to contribute too. But no one (again with sense ) is going to want to be with a guy who sits around doing nothing all day whilst she works.

Though having an established and stable career I would say is what's important, not necessarily earning loads of cash.

What kind of person, be it a guy or girl, would even consider, or if in a relationship, stay with a partner if they refused to find work? Your practically "settling" for that person, which shows your insecurities and lack of independence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending