Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AQA Business Studies, UNIT 3 14th June 12

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don’t know if there is already a thread on this but basically,

Had my unit 3 business studies exam today, AQA and it was horrific. Seriously, I know for a fact I will not get an A overall and hence not get into Uni. It was genuinely my worst exam yet.

Just wondered how everyone else found it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I FAILED! What did you get on the first 10 mark question?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fay101)
    I FAILED! What did you get on the first 10 mark question?
    SAME! and I cant even remember what the first 10 mark question was...did you do the two questions at the end on communication and infrastructure? what the actual hell were they about?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no... :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the last question was the for and against the straegy wernt it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the 34 marker
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok this is very very awkward. the exam board was EDEXCEL and not AQA. hahah, this sums up by whole education really. sorry for wasting your time :')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what calculations did you do for the first 10 mark question :/ what did u write for the market analysis question aswell.....failed it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what I did:

question 1: worked out ROCE for 2012 and Acid test ration to see the profitability and efficiency and compared it to 2011. Don't know if this right tho?

question 2: wrote all sorts of stuff like celebrity increased the profile of the business.
    Good market research done.
    Have a very innovative product and new products were made to the needs and wants of the target market.

question 3: Cant remember what I wrote lol.

question 4 : Just horrific. Didn't really have the time to write the whole answer wrote a paragraph Argument for and 2 paragraph for Against and Evaluation about a paragraph.

Btw I did an AQA exam!! Any feedbacks will be good about my answers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manisha93)
    Ok this is very very awkward. the exam board was EDEXCEL and not AQA. hahah, this sums up by whole education really. sorry for wasting your time :')
    actually, it's AQA :L
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexstarr)
    actually, it's AQA :L
    Lol no, I sat the EDEXCEL paper, not AQA. I'm on the wrong thread :')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The exam was horrid on question 1 i only did the ROCE and asset turnover :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kritep)
    This is what I did:

question 1: worked out ROCE for 2012 and Acid test ration to see the profitability and efficiency and compared it to 2011. Don't know if this right tho?

question 2: wrote all sorts of stuff like celebrity increased the profile of the business.
    Good market research done.
    Have a very innovative product and new products were made to the needs and wants of the target market.

question 3: Cant remember what I wrote lol.

question 4 : Just horrific. Didn't really have the time to write the whole answer wrote a paragraph Argument for and 2 paragraph for Against and Evaluation about a paragraph.

Btw I did an AQA exam!! Any feedbacks will be good about my answers

Acid test measures the liquidity of the business it only asked for asset turnover and profitability didnt it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk122)
    Acid test measures the liquidity of the business it only asked for asset turnover and profitability didnt it?
    Hmm thinking about it now i guess I'm wrong!!:L but to be in safe side I worked out the operating profit margin aswell and compared it to 2011Q!Q .

How was your other questions tho??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kritep)
    Hmm thinking about it now i guess I'm wrong!!:L but to be in safe side I worked out the operating profit margin aswell and compared it to 2011Q!Q .

How was your other questions tho??
    Ahh you never know i could be wrong too i have forgotten the question they asked despite only sitting the exam 2 days ago haha.. I answered the other questions pretty poorly aswell time was a BIG issue and i thought the paper was harder than january by a mile how about you? Im kinda hoping the grade boundaries are low dont think ive even got a C How about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same hopefully they bring the grade boundaries down!! would do wonders I need to get a C or B!! Hopefully.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did the paper give forecast values for profit or revenue of the new strategy in order for us to work out ROCE for the last question?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GNL)
    Did the paper give forecast values for profit or revenue of the new strategy in order for us to work out ROCE for the last question?
    From what I can remember, the paper only had details of 2011 and gave us figures for 2012 so we could work out that (2012) year's figures. So, I think it only allowed us to compare and contrast the 2011 and 2012's figures. This was on the AQA paper (not the edexcel).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what they wrote for the last question For and Against please?
    And how did unit 4 go?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterwayne10)
    From what I can remember, the paper only had details of 2011 and gave us figures for 2012 so we could work out that (2012) year's figures. So, I think it only allowed us to compare and contrast the 2011 and 2012's figures. This was on the AQA paper (not the edexcel).
    Ok thanks! So we didn't have to work out ROCE for the proposed 2012 strategy? What calculations did you do for the last question then?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 8, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.