The Student Room Group

Changing Uni after sending it to ucas

i sent my ucas from in september, and because of my parents they forced me to go to a local uni.

they made me pick wolverhampton uni which no offense to anyone going there is not a good uni, they chose not to go on the far uni

probably like all asian parents dont want me getting up to bad things.

tbh i dont care know and im going i cant stay at home

due to two reasons.

1. i cant concentrate with my little brothers there they are always messing around, this has lead me to get crap as results and now probably a2 results. i told my parents about this and they stopped my little brothers disturbing me for a whole and it started again.

i somehow get depressed staying in my room, i dont know how to explain it, i get all tense and angry and start having arguments.

2. second reason is my dad, all he ever does is listen to his mates story about their kids at uni far away + thinks im like that to. 2nd all he ever does is come work after work, eat, watch tv and go to sleep, he never spent anytime with me at all, i hardly know anything about him e.g. favorite colour etc. whenever we go out and my brothers need to go toilet for example he makes me take them.

i dont like him for this. we had a talk a few months about this and i told him thats all you ever do at home. he said it made him feel like ****, but he never did anything. after that whenever we went out and my brothers needed to go goblet and my dad asked me i said no and he had to take them.

i cant take any of this anymore.

i want to go away. im getting so many white hairs because of this stress. i just cant deal with it.

is there anyway of changing which place i go to, i accepted all my choices and put birmingham bcu and wolverhampton as my choices. is there anyway to change this and get guaranteed to go to another uni better then these two
Reply 1
Original post by Ykhan
i sent my ucas from in september, and because of my parents they forced me to go to a local uni.

they made me pick wolverhampton uni which no offense to anyone going there is not a good uni, they chose not to go on the far uni

probably like all asian parents dont want me getting up to bad things.

tbh i dont care know and im going i cant stay at home

due to two reasons.

1. i cant concentrate with my little brothers there they are always messing around, this has lead me to get crap as results and now probably a2 results. i told my parents about this and they stopped my little brothers disturbing me for a whole and it started again.

i somehow get depressed staying in my room, i dont know how to explain it, i get all tense and angry and start having arguments.

2. second reason is my dad, all he ever does is listen to his mates story about their kids at uni far away + thinks im like that to. 2nd all he ever does is come work after work, eat, watch tv and go to sleep, he never spent anytime with me at all, i hardly know anything about him e.g. favorite colour etc. whenever we go out and my brothers need to go toilet for example he makes me take them.

i dont like him for this. we had a talk a few months about this and i told him thats all you ever do at home. he said it made him feel like ****, but he never did anything. after that whenever we went out and my brothers needed to go goblet and my dad asked me i said no and he had to take them.

i cant take any of this anymore.

i want to go away. im getting so many white hairs because of this stress. i just cant deal with it.

is there anyway of changing which place i go to, i accepted all my choices and put birmingham bcu and wolverhampton as my choices. is there anyway to change this and get guaranteed to go to another uni better then these two

You can go through Clearing on results day.
Reply 2
Original post by aym
You can go through Clearing on results day.

iv accepted my firm and insurance choice can i still do this
Original post by Ykhan
iv accepted my firm and insurance choice can i still do this

Yes, but you'll need to get released from Birmingham BCU and Wolverhampton first, so that you'll be holding no offers by the time results day comes around, and it's not a guarantee - you might not get anything in Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending