The Student Room Group

I love her so much! But .. never told her, and regret it now

Hello. There was this girl in my life who was my first love, but never had the balls to tell her. I cant stop thinking what could've been. Strange thing is that i think she loved me too. Havent been in contact with her a few months, but still love her and not regret not telling her. Then out of nowhere, She got back in contact with me! Is this a sign of our love? maybe this is my chance? Story is below ;

this all started back in college days. I remember it like it was yesterday, first day of college, first lesson, i remember sitting next to my mate and just lookin around at the new class. Spotted the most beautiful girl i ever seen, she was absolutely georgous. Looked like a model.

She was way 'out of my league' to even talk to me! But after the lesson finished, i went up to her and said hello, we got chatting, we became bonny and clyde, i made her laugh so much and straight away i told her to come with me to grab something to eat, we did. Then at the bus stop (on the same day) i asked for her number. (i thought it was way to early to ask) and suprisingly she gave me!! :cool: This was on our first conversation too! I couldnt believe my luck!

We used to text up until late at night, she used to say i was the funniest guy she knows and everything. At college she used to be on the phone to me before college, she used to chill with me at college, sit next to me in lesson, chill after college, and chill at town! She really liked me, gave me all the signs, used to stare in my eyes and smile, used to take my hand and draw a big heart onit and put her name there, text all night, flirt, everything. We were so tight. I think she was in love with me. Im a shy guy, i just didnt put 2+2 together, biggest regret ever, cause i loved her too.

Then another guy came in the pic, he was a total jerk, she went out with him for a few months then dumped him, she wasnt happy with him at all, cause she knew she loves me, but didnt want to admit it. She used to spend more quality time with me than him lol. She used to hate the college so much, but she only used to come cause i was there :smile: And she used to say that she's so glad she applied there otherwise she wudnt of met me.

Then when the college year finished, she rejected contact with the whole college and people, but not me, she goes we're gonna be friends for life. She still hasnt admitted her love for me yet, but i know she loves me. I havent told her that i love her and that she is the love of my life yet too. . Havent seen her for ages. But been in contact since a year ago. But up until few months ago she hasnt phoned me/texted me. Up until yesterday, she said out of the blue! .. that she misses me so much, and wants to meet me cause she has so much to tell me. I said yeah thats fine, and she replied that 'Its a date, im really lookin forward to seeing you'.

Can this be my chance? To finally admit my love for her, for the love of my life, for my first love? She is a best friend to me, we click, and i love her, and i think she loves me too. What should i do when we meet? Is it a date?

Sorry if i made this long, but i didnt know what else to do .. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
haha, Unfortunataly girls are less likely to ask boys out. By your description, no doubt she loves you. This can be you chance and you should not be shy. You should try to tell her how you always felt about her and how much you enjoy spending your time with her. I know this is hard. I am having the same problem as well. It is stressfull.
Wish you all the best.
Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by 222260
haha, Unfortunataly girls are less likely to ask boys out. By your description, no doubt she loves you. This can be you chance and you should not be shy. You should try to tell her how you always felt about her and how much you enjoy spending your time with her. I know this is hard. I am having the same problem as well. It is stressfull.
Wish you all the best.
Good luck

Yeah bro, your right, maybe when she asked to meet up, she wants to see me take the oppurtunity to give it a go? And im not as shy as i was then, so should be alright. Thanks man, cheers, and good luck with your situation
lad, go for it. Do not let it be the one that got away! trust me you do not want that. Seen a girl I was seeing a while back first time in ages 2 weekends back. She's now in a relationship. Not going to lie, although I hadn't been in contact with her in a long time, I was gutted!

Go for it man!
Reply 4
Yeah it sounds like you really do have a strong feeling for this girl. Love is an amazing thing tbh, and it does sound like she loves you too.

If i were you, i'd go for it and ask her before it gets too late? I doubt that she'd ask you out, girls don't tend to do that.

I'm sure from all of what you've written, she'd say yes, so why not give it a try?
There's no harm :P

Good Luck!!!!!
Reply 5
man you should have shagged while you had the chance
Reply 6
Original post by mark147celts
lad, go for it. Do not let it be the one that got away! trust me you do not want that. Seen a girl I was seeing a while back first time in ages 2 weekends back. She's now in a relationship. Not going to lie, although I hadn't been in contact with her in a long time, I was gutted!

Go for it man!

You know what brother, im gonna go for it! What have i got to loose eh? Can go either way,
-like she says she feels the same, and we end up growing old together
-She says she doesnt, and we carry on as normal

Thanks man, i appreciate it.
Reply 7

Go for it man!

Ahh did you manage to get over it okay?? :smile:
Original post by Skittle123
Ahh did you manage to get over it okay?? :smile:

emm i dont want to disclose to much info as I would be afraid of her being on this and catching on lol. Had got over her until I seen her again that weekendd (just on a night out) and started chatting to her! Was talking and then realised I was so stoooopid not to at least try get something more formal going! I am such a idiot lol
Reply 9
emm i dont want to disclose to much info as I would be afraid of her being on this and catching on lol. Had got over her until I seen her again that weekendd (just on a night out) and started chatting to her! Was talking and then realised I was so stoooopid not to at least try get something more formal going! I am such a idiot lol

Lol fair enough, :smile:
Oh thats good then, at least you know that you're still able to talk to her and stuff and that she still likes you and gets on with you

Nope, you're not an idiot. Tbh i know that because you seem to care what she had thought and stuff, im guessing you didnt want to rush things??

Also your regretting nnot asking her out which means that you didnt wanna be one of those idiots who asks girls out because there pretty or because they can. You clearly was wondering about her feelings towards you too or you would have been an idiot and asked her out straight away.

Also, if she's single again, maybe you should go for it then :biggrin:
That way when u ask her out you may be able to say "ohh i've liked/loved you for aaaaaages"

:smile:
Reply 10
Go for it man and tell us how you got on!
Reply 11
THere is no such thing as chance or luck.

You only live once on this earth and you live an insanely short time compared to everything else in the universe and even some of the **** that is on this planet.

Also use The Big Bang Theory example of Shrodingers cat. If you ask if shes up for it and she says yes then all is good the cat is alive blah blah blah.

If she says no then obviously the answer is bad, the cat is dead BUT you are still alive and able to take advantage of time and move on. Just remember that if she says no then get your head in a mindset of "She obviously doesn't deserve to be shown the love I would show her if she thinks it would be bad"
Reply 12
Hello all, we were meant to link up today, but yesterday in the day time i texted her sayin if she's still up for tomorow, she said she defo is and cant wait and seemed really enthusiastic about meetin me since a long time.

But at half 11 in the night she sent me this text 'My stupid work want me to come in at 11.30 tomorow for a meeting. I'm not meant to be working .. If they keep me in I wont be able to meet if not il come straight to you from work .. Il let you know at 12 tomorow, If i cant meet you, we meet tomrow? x'

Tbh the excuse she made up sounds like total **** lol

What gets me wondering is, that on monday she said that wednesday is fine to meet up, but if its a meeting obviously it would of been planned right and all would know?? They wouldnt tell each staff at night that theres a meeting in the morning? The last time we was meant to link was 4 months ago, she said she was all up for it, but when the day came, she made another excuse that she's ill. Thats why i knew this was gonna happen again. Sounds to me that she's leading me on.

Last night i asked maself 'Do i really love her?', and the answer was no, i dont. I dont even love her at all, i LIKED her at college, and nothing happened. She's leading me on, and wasting my time really, saying that she wants to link, but then makes an excuse last minute and the excuse is always stupid and doesnt make sense.

Plus when she used to be with her old bf last year, i used to tell her secrets when it was just me and her. And she used to go and tell her bf, and then they'd both laugh together behind ma back. Obviously it was her that tells her bf this cause she was the only person i told. And she always used to deny.

Whenever she used to be with her bf, she used to diss me, and treat me like a stranger. Even though i was a good friend and he was a player. Thats when i completely gave up on her

Im not bothered with her anymore tbh, she's just leading me on, wasting my time right? And tbh i forgotten about her for about 4 months (last time she wanted to meet but flopped) up until she texted me the other day.
Plus theres another girl in my college that i am close with, shes a good girl, very pretty, i really like her, and she's giving me signs that she likes me too, i get to see her everydayand be with her and we have a laugh. Im just going to play it slow with her, get to know her and see where it goes.

What you think about the other girl makin an excuse?
Well, you've been given a second chance.

Most people don't get that. Don't screw up Romeo.

Just remember, you hesitate, you masturbate.

EDIT: Just read your latest post.

It might be an excuse, it may be genuine.

Crap happens, I bet it's genuine. If not, she'll not make an effort afterward. I think you are over thinking it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Hey, I can understand your frustration at her cancelling...but **** happens. Read through your first post again...and you'll realise how much she means to you. You may be annoyed now...but in a week you'll regret it, trust me.
Keep your options open
Reply 15
Fair point mate, il just keep it normal, she said that if she cant meet today, then we'l link tomorow. Im gonna see what she says when i text her later about meeting tomrow. If she makes another excuse. Then atleast il know where i stand. cheers
I am going to give you my honest opinion mate, you have got yourself in a terrible mess :frown:

Your relationship with this girl has gone very badly and is probably going to end up being an unpleasant break up where eventually you get annoyed with her and you become a right prick to her, quite understandably.

This girl sounds like she is using you for her own gratification. She loves that you love her. And she always wants to have you in her life to make her feel special. And just imagine the god like power she feels when she can just call you up out of the blue and get you to pay her attention. Just imagine you are her for a second and this will all become clear. How awesome would it be to have girl who is infatuated with you. Is great to talk to. Will always be there for you. You would never want to let this girl out of your life, you would always want her there at least available to you.

The only way I think you have not been rinsed is if you have always been kinda sexual with her, talking about sexual kinda things etc. It sounds like you have not though :frown:

I am really sorry this has happened to you :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Classical Liberal
I am going to give you my honest opinion mate, you suck :frown:

Il be honest with ya, i've read your other posts, and you sound like a pudiyavanya (honest lad)
Original post by Anonymous
Plus theres another girl in my college that i am close with, shes a good girl, very pretty, i really like her, and she's giving me signs that she likes me too, i get to see her everydayand be with her and we have a laugh. Im just going to play it slow with her, get to know her and see where it goes.

Do not do that.

Get the **** on with it. Ask her out.
Reply 19
Original post by Classical Liberal
Do not do that.

Get the **** on with it. Ask her out.

Lol i aint got the time or money to get in a relationship at the moment and to go with all that hassle of being 'commited' and ****, im tryin to gather as much p's as i can so i can buy a car for the summer .. :L

And your right about 'imagine u were her for a second', its right, people love the attention, and she didnt know that i loved her, i loved her as a friend at the time, but she didnt know of this, she prob thought i really like her cause i used to chill with her mainly. i texted her in morning if she wants to link tomorow then, no reply yet. Seems like she's not really bothered, and was leading me on from the start, and just using me to give her the attention. I cant be bothered to text her/call her. If she wants to link, then i dont mind linking. Otherwise meh.. lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending