The Student Room Group

What are your hobbies and interests?

I have no hobbies or interests (result of suffering from depression for many, many years...) and I really want to know what kinds of things people enjoy doing with their free time, to help inspire me to try something new! :smile:
TSR
Sign language
Piano
Charity work
Try one. Heck, try em' all!! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I like knives.

For example, as of now there's an Enlan EL-01, Kershaw One Ton, and Rough Rider Medium Stockman being delivered to me. In the last couple weeks I took hold of a Kershaw Tremor, and three Sanrenmu 710s. I also bought a Cold Steel Leatherneck SK-5 and GI Tanto, as well as a Cold Steel Large Vaquero and Medium Tanto.

Now I'm looking at a Spyderco Police 3 or Zero Tolerance 0200.

Here's a nice pic I took of my newest knife, I take this thing EVERYWHERE with me.

Collecting and carrying knives sounds weird to NKPs (non-knife people) but I'm not a serial killer. :tongue: I like kittens, warm showers and Lady Gaga.

Recently I met two people online who also like Lady Gaga and collect knives, what would ya know! One of them got charged because she was carrying an ILLEGAL knife (never a good idea!) and was in a coffee shop when it fell out of her pocket in front of a bunch of cops. Oops.

The other collects expensive folding knives, we're talking 250-300 dollars and up here.

In the UK you have restrictive knife laws, so you can't carry a couple 4-inch spring knives everywhere. :biggrin:

However there are many, many knives that are legal to carry almost anywhere in the UK (perhaps not to schools, not sure... I think there is an exception though), such as this knife from Boker:

Original post by RoisinBlah
I have no hobbies or interests (result of suffering from depression for many, many years...) and I really want to know what kinds of things people enjoy doing with their free time, to help inspire me to try something new! :smile:

Video games

Original post by Gews
I like knives.

For example, as of now there's an Enlan EL-01, Kershaw One Ton, and Rough Rider Medium Stockman being delivered to me. In the last couple weeks I took hold of a Kershaw Tremor, and three Sanrenmu 710s. I also bought a Cold Steel Leatherneck SK-5 and GI Tanto, as well as a Cold Steel Large Vaquero and Medium Tanto.

Now I'm looking at a Spyderco Police 3 or Zero Tolerance 0200.

Here's a nice pic I took of my newest knife, I take this thing EVERYWHERE with me.

Collecting and carrying knives sounds weird to NKPs (non-knife people) but I'm not a serial killer. :tongue: I like kittens, warm showers and Lady Gaga.

Recently I met two people online who also like Lady Gaga and collect knives, what would ya know! One of them got charged because she was carrying an ILLEGAL knife (never a good idea!) and was in a coffee shop when it fell out of her pocket in front of a bunch of cops. Oops.

The other collects expensive folding knives, we're talking 250-300 dollars and up here.

In the UK you have restrictive knife laws, so you can't carry a couple 4-inch spring knives everywhere. :biggrin:

However there are many, many knives that are legal to carry almost anywhere in the UK (perhaps not to schools, not sure... I think there is an exception though), such as this knife from Boker:

Dude, you scare me. A lot.
Reply 6
Astronomy- super nova, black holes, neutron stars, love it all.
Like learning about different languages and cultures ( Japanese one being my favourite also Italy and USA).
All the sciences in order physics,biology and chemistry the world is a fascinating place.
History- this is a new interest.
I like doing little projects such as electronic projects.
Love playing basketball as a hobby.
Cycling- love cycling, just feels relaxing.
Yeah thats it.
Original post by Gews
I like knives.

Do you actually do anything with your knives, or just collect them for show though?

I have a lot of knives too, but they are for different purposes like wood carving, spoon carving, bushcraft etc.

OP - my hobbies include rock climbing, snowboarding, hiking, scrambling, camping, mountain biking, kayaking, bushcraft, playing guitar, PC gaming and anything else I fancy trying :biggrin:. I'd have a whole load of other hobbies if I could afford all the gear for it too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by biffyclyro27
Do you actually do anything with your knives, or just collect them for show though?

I have a lot of knives too, but they are for different purposes like wood carving, spoon carving, bushcraft etc.

OP - my hobbies include rock climbing, snowboarding, hiking, scrambling, camping, mountain biking, kayaking, bushcraft, playing guitar, PC gaming and anything else I fancy trying :biggrin:. I'd have a whole load of other hobbies if I could afford all the gear for it too.

I use them for random tasks, two of the most common are opening packages or cutting down spiky vines in the forest. I don't carve spoons though. :s-smilie:
I love climbing, walking, running, flying, (with the air cadets) sailing, swimming, fishing, mountain biking, cooking/baking, space (researching it and that)... Not sure what else :L... I love my pipes.. I love them sooo much! Musics is a big part of my life. :smile: Xx
Original post by Gews
I use them for random tasks, two of the most common are opening packages or cutting down spiky vines in the forest. I don't carve spoons though. :s-smilie:

fair enough, seems rather pointless to me. But I guess if that's what you enjoy spending your money on...
Reply 11
Original post by biffyclyro27
fair enough, seems rather pointless to me. But I guess if that's what you enjoy spending your money on...

Heh, well almost all of my knives are covered in dings and scrapes and have been resharpened many times, so I must be using them for something.

At any rate it's better than collecting stamps or something.
Erm I volunteer for Alzheimers society, got an interview to volunteer as a befriender for elderly people in a care home, volunteer for a helpline, do pole fitness (different to pole danincing just in case theres narrow minded people as below), go to the gym, play Diablo 3 :tongue: and have a job. Dont know if theyre hobbies/interests but its all i do regularly.

I 'like' a lot of things but i wouldnt really class any of them as hobbies/interests as the above are the only things i do regularly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by pinkangelgirl
do pole fitness

Reply 14
Erm I volunteer for Alzheimers society, got an interview to volunteer as a befriender for elderly people in a care home, volunteer for a helpline, do pole fitness (different to pole danincing just in case theres narrow minded people as below), go to the gym, play Diablo 3 :tongue: and have a job. Dont know if theyre hobbies/interests but its all i do regularly.

I 'like' a lot of things but i wouldnt really class any of them as hobbies/interests as the above are the only things i do regularly.

Hahaha yes that person is quite narrow minded... Thanks for the tips though :smile:
Hahaha yes that person is quite narrow minded... Thanks for the tips though :smile:

It's easy for a male to get confused

Reply 16

This is really sweet :smile: I would love to be a befriender but my social skills are a little lacking...
This is really sweet :smile: I would love to be a befriender but my social skills are a little lacking...

:smile: i used to be reallllly shy, i still am to an extent. But doing these sorts of things forces you to be confident. Just go for it, you dont want to look back with regret :smile:
Clubbing, drinking, meeting women and sports.
Reply 19
Physics, mainly just astronomy

Gaming, pretty much all I do all day
- RTS mostly

Table Tennis, would play more but not many people share this interest :frown:

Music, like most people I love to listen to and collect new music

Religion, it's a weird one but I love to debate religion and ridicule it

Digital/photoshop art

Quick Reply

Latest