The Student Room Group

Did my maths exam in pencil

I did my igcse maths exam in pencil cuz the invigulator didnt read the instructions and it was my first exam .. Had no idea so nasically i did the whole paper in pencil but my other exam was in pen .. My examintatiins officer sent an email to cie but im worried will thry mark it ?! What makes things wirse is that the exam was soi easy
im unsure as to whether they will mark it. most papers these days are scanned into a computer and so the pencil may not show up. however, not really sure of this.
Reply 2
The exams are scanned, but when you draw graphs etc in a maths exam you do it in pencil, thus if it can be still marked I'm unsure. Best bet is to wait for a response to your examinations officer. Good luck.

Found a thread that might help you out: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1677043&page=2
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Thx yea i already saw thay thread wasnt much help reallyi was hopingbsomeone who did the same mistake would tell me what happened with them, anyways thx alot!!
Reply 4
Exerminer may erase it and give you 0
Reply 5
My friend did his chemistry AS in pencil. According to our exams officer as long as it's a regular hb pencil it should scan.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my SK17i
I believe that when they scan the exams in, someone checks they've all been scanned properly and if they're unreadable then they send off a hard copy of your exam to the marker. However, this is not official word, so you may want to sanity check this.
Original post by Hotchikka
I did my igcse maths exam in pencil cuz the invigulator didnt read the instructions and it was my first exam .. Had no idea so nasically i did the whole paper in pencil but my other exam was in pen .. My examintatiins officer sent an email to cie but im worried will thry mark it ?! What makes things wirse is that the exam was soi easy

There is no problem here. Thousands of students do their exams in pencil every year. A good number of them seem to be on TSR!

Your paper will scan perfectly well. If it didn't for some reason, they would simply look at the original.
Reply 8
Thx everyone i feel much more releived :smile: ok ill just have to wait and see
Reply 9
Original post by Mr M
There is no problem here. Thousands of students do their exams in pencil every year. A good number of them seem to be on TSR!

Your paper will scan perfectly well. If it didn't for some reason, they would simply look at the original.

Yes i realised that its a very common issue anyways thanks alott :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest