Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

What's your pre-exam ritual?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's your pre-exam ritual? Do you always do something in particular? Do you have a lucky charm?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Outside the exam room there is a huge tree. I take out a leaf from that tree, cleanse my hands with it. It's as if mother nature is wishing me luck!

I do realise how tardy I sound! haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. A night of frantic revision, then over sleeping, getting a taxi, and running into the exam 5 minutes late, only to have every sigh about how typical the situation is.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Re-check notes and take a swig of water!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Panic -> cramming -> more panic -> more cramming -> giving up and hoping for the best.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    make sure i know which notes ive put on which side of my pockets......
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Teach My classmates call me Google, because they believe that I know everything (False. I just enjoy staying ahead of the syllabus) so the morning of an exam is usually filled with me tutoring friends, classmates, complete strangers, literally anyone who asks me to.
    I don't mind. I've realised that I understand things a lot better once I explain them. Explaining them just before an exam is a great way of reinforcing the concepts!

Oh yeah, and milk. Milk and Coco Pops are a must on exam day, for reasons beyond my comprehension. Then lots of cold water, wishing 'Best of luck' to people whose names I don't even know, and praying that I get an A.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always have some tic tacs before I go in...make sure to call at the shop on the way to school to buy a pack! And I just wait quietly to go in, wish people luck and remember that it isn't the end of the world!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Generally the morning of an exam is me doing my utmost not to be physically sick.

I've been doing exams for almost a decade. I started with my SATs, 11+, GCSEs, A-levels, BA, MSc... and now I am doing professional qualifications. Not once in that time have I actually felt good on the morning of an exam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find making sure I revise well rather than relying on a 'lucky charm' is always a winner.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Masturbation.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    bribe all invigilators....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I drink chamomile tea the night before and have a berrocca on the morning of the exam to keep my energy up
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I make sure I have everything I need.
    Then I eat a banana (I demand my Mom buys enough of them to get me through exams, I will even have 2 bananas if I have two exams the same day).
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Take a long hot bath and go to bed early.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rock back and forth in the dark in the foetal position, praying to the ghost of Tom Denning for mental strength and knowledge.

I am unsure of how wise this was. I will find out within week.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    cram it in the night before!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Morning exam I get there about half an hour in the library and talk to people in the library, for an afternoon exam I get there about an hour early and talk to people in the library
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KythingToWrite)
    Teach My classmates call me Google, because they believe that I know everything (False. I just enjoy staying ahead of the syllabus) so the morning of an exam is usually filled with me tutoring friends, classmates, complete strangers, literally anyone who asks me to.
    I don't mind. I've realised that I understand things a lot better once I explain them. Explaining them just before an exam is a great way of reinforcing the concepts!

Oh yeah, and milk. Milk and Coco Pops are a must on exam day, for reasons beyond my comprehension. Then lots of cold water, wishing 'Best of luck' to people whose names I don't even know, and praying that I get an A.
    my pre-exam ritual was to try and learn a 6month worth of syllabus from someone like you in about 25minutes lol...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.