Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A TSR Classified section?

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there would be a place on here for a 'Student Room' for sale section?

Just an idea

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    There used to be one for books but it was removed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    I meant for anything though :P

• 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Bee)

Advertising isn't allowed on TSR so unfortunately it wouldn't be possible.
    • 168 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Bee)

As hannah_dru mentions, our rules don't currently allow advertising (outside of the Accommodation Classifieds forum). A wider Classifieds forum is a nice idea in theory, but a forum environment as ours really isn't a great way to arrange this. For example, there's no way that we can offer security similar to that possible on dedicated sites such as eBay.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    When was that? I don't remember.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It was only removed late last year and we had it for a good few years. It wasn't very popular though, which was the main reason for scrapping it.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    It was only removed late last year and we had it for a good few years. It wasn't very popular though, which was the main reason for scrapping it.
    Ah. I just don't remember seeing it about.
    • 168 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    December last year. This was my announcement at the time to explain:
    Some of you may be aware that over the past few months the moderation team have been considering the future of the Textbook Classifieds forum. We've been aware for some time now that the forum isn't being used to great effect and its place on the site has been somewhat difficult. Following discussions within the moderation and admin team and a consultation with members via a thread in the About TSR forum I now have to announce that the Textbook Classifieds forum will shortly be closed.

There are a number of factors influencing this decision and I will briefly summarise the reasoning here. While we recognise that some members find use for the forum and the response from those who replied to the thread in About was in many cases positive, overall the forum is not well used and to make it work successfully would be very much an uphill struggle. A lot of time, effort and development work would be needed, which can be better focussed on other ways to improve the site for members, rather than trying to compete in an area that is already well provided for by services such as Amazon and eBay. There are also significant security concerns surrounding in a forum environment, which we are not able to resolve in a satisfactory manner.

The closure of the forum will take place over the course of the next two weeks. On or shortly after Monday 12 December, the forum will be closed to any new threads. For the time being, existing threads will remain open to new posts. Following this, on or shortly after Monday 19 December, the forum will be closed and removed from the public site.

Please note that our rules on advertising in other forums are unaffected by the withdrawal of this forum. No advertising is permitted in posts or threads made here and anyone interested in the approved advertising opportunities that we offer should visit our Insight microsite here: http://insight.thestudentroom.co.uk

If anyone has any specific concerns about this, please post in the Ask A Moderator fourm and we'll be happy to discuss these with you.
    We ran a consultation via an About thread prior to closing it, but even that didn't get a particularly high level of response.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    December last year. This was my announcement at the time to explain:

We ran a consultation via an About thread prior to closing it, but even that didn't get a particularly high level of response.
    Fair enough. I may have come across it but I had forgotten. One of those things.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Was it really only last year? Don't know why, but it seems like 2 or 3 years ago :confused:
    • 168 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was it really only last year? Don't know why, but it seems like 2 or 3 years ago :confused:
    :sadnod: Definitely last year - see my copy announcement.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :sadnod: Definitely last year - see my copy announcement.
    Woah, now I feel old!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    no surprise seeing as how I was active since last year on TSR and I remember this discussion, but I didn't notice the forum till then.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    no surprise seeing as how I was active since last year on TSR and I remember this discussion, but I didn't notice the forum till then.
    Other way around for me I remember the forum but not the discussion at all!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2012
New on TSR

A-level mocks revision

Chat about your study tips

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.