The Student Room Group

What should I take for A-Level?

At the moment I'm planning on taking:
-Maths
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Biology

I've already got an A* in Maths and I'm almost certain I've got an A* in Physics and Chemistry and then an A in Biology.

I'm just wondering would this be too much work for me? And also do they compliment each other? AND I'm looking for a career in a chemistry field either chemical engineering or pharmaceutics so would these help me for those university courses?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Solid options.

If you can handle the workload I suggest picking up Further Maths
Reply 2
Don't become a chemist
Pick english lit, philosophy, history and french and become an interesting human
No one can tell you what subjects to take, only you can decide that :smile:
Original post by seanbolton94
-Maths
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Biology

I've already got an A* in Maths and I'm almost certain I've got an A* in Physics and Chemistry and then an A in Biology.

I'm just wondering would this be too much work for me? And also do they compliment each other? AND I'm looking for a career in a chemistry field either chemical engineering or pharmaceutics so would these help me for those university courses?

>Maths
>Further Maths
>Additional Further Maths
>Chemistry
>Biology
Reply 5
Original post by seanbolton94
-Maths
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Biology

You've got the right subjects

but DON'T take your GCSE results as an indication of how well you'll do at a-level
Definitely DO NOT do this!

Only do a subject you WANT to do and will enjoy, not because you're good at it, it will backfire half way through your a-levels and you'll deeply regret it.

If you love doing them subjects and will have motivation to do it for 2 years then yeah go for it! :smile:
Original post by see-are
Don't become a chemist
Pick english lit, philosophy, history and french and become an interesting human

Why would you say that?
Reply 7
Original post by IgorYakov
You've got the right subjects

but DON'T take your GCSE results as an indication of how well you'll do at a-level
Definitely DO NOT do this!

Only do a subject you WANT to do and will enjoy, not because you're good at it, it will backfire half way through your a-levels and you'll deeply regret it.

If you love doing them subjects and will have motivation to do it for 2 years then yeah go for it! :smile:

yeh i enjoy all these subjects and im determined to work hard!thank you,and thanks everyone else! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Why would you say that?

just a bit of friendly advice , chill out, dont **** yourself, calm down, woah, take a breather
Original post by see-are
just a bit of friendly advice , chill out, dont **** yourself, calm down, woah, take a breather

What a strange post. :K:
Well good luck if you want to be a pharmacist cos you'll be competing with me;

Quick Reply

Latest