The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

im predicted an A* too guys and awkward how I don't think i gained more than 10 marks in the research methods section- WELL DONE ME :biggrin:
Original post by clairelouise444
im predicted an A* too guys and awkward how I don't think i gained more than 10 marks in the research methods section- WELL DONE ME :biggrin:

Join the flippin club I failed that section and I was also predicted an A*
I thought I'd answered the RM section ok...until I just read through the last few pages of this thread. Definitely failed that then :redface:.
Why are people still posting in this thread?

THERES NOTHING WE CAN DO NOW GUYS, try and relax!
Reply 4664
Original post by gupta-mhm-mhm-mhm
Wait a minute ... is replicablility how many times you can replicate or repeat an experiment? i think i did that q wrong... :/

replicability is defined as the extent to which you can repeat an experiment in order to acheive the same/similar results
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4665
it would be interesting to see what people wrote for the 5 mark RM question about replicability and it's importance in science
it appears that 5 marks is alot to write about replicability, but i'm sure collectively, there'll be more than enough.
ideas anyone?
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
it would be interesting to see what people wrote for the 5 mark RM question about replicability and it's importance in science
it appears that 5 marks is alot to write about replicability, but i'm sure collectively, there'll be more than enough.
ideas anyone?

4 marks for the use in science bit. I think it wanted you to link it to other areas too, I personally talked about
- Reliability
- Theory construction, explains observations/facts
- Objectivity, if you get the same results with different observers/researchers, shows theres no bias
- Shows IV is having an effect on DV, no extraneous variables.
Reply 4667
Original post by EffKayy
4 marks for the use in science bit. I think it wanted you to link it to other areas too, I personally talked about
- Reliability
- Theory construction, explains observations/facts
- Objectivity, if you get the same results with different observers/researchers, shows theres no bias
- Shows IV is having an effect on DV, no extraneous variables.

See i know where you're coming from, most people will have done that.
however I struggle to see how that effectively answers the question as to why REPLICABILITY is important in science.

You have, however brought up some good points; you can of course link replicability to other part of science i.e: high replicability entails high reliability, this could be due to control of experiments, objectivity, etc...

There will probably be credit for linking in other characteristics of science, however if there isnt, it leaves very limited information left for a 5 mark question.
Reply 4668
See i know where you're coming from, most people will have done that.
however I struggle to see how that effectively answers the question as to why REPLICABILITY is important in science.

You have, however brought up some good points; you can of course link replicability to other part of science i.e: high replicability entails high reliability, this could be due to control of experiments, objectivity, etc...

There will probably be credit for linking in other characteristics of science, however if there isnt, it leaves very limited information left for a 5 mark question.

I defined replicability and then I wrote about reliability and need for falsification and therefore threw in Karl popper and used him. Wrote about peer review and rubbish. Mainly appealed to the second part which was why is it important for a science! Wrote some other stuff which I have forgotten. Wrote about half a page for a 5 marker! Too much I know haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4669
Original post by Umut110
I defined replicability and then I wrote about reliability and need for falsification and therefore threw in Karl popper and used him. Wrote about peer review and rubbish. Mainly appealed to the second part which was why is it important for a science! Wrote some other stuff which I have forgotten. Wrote about half a page for a 5 marker! Too much I know haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

No thats good since i assume many people wont get all 5 marks, but at least you might get them all if you were that detailed!
I didnt write nearly enough, probably only 3 marks :/

What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 4670
No thats good since i assume many people wont get all 5 marks, but at least you might get them all if you were that detailed!
I didnt write nearly enough, probably only 3 marks :/

What grade are you aiming for?

I just want a B, its all I need for my offer at LSE, Im so worries that I wont get it, I got a high B at AS and then got a C in PSYA4 in january, this is a resit, i just need 128/200 for this yeah to get a B, it seems easy enough, yet Im unable to get it haha. Fingers crossed!!

Yourself?
Reply 4671
To people still discussing this exam lol, theres no point talking about what you should or could have written! Cant change it now, just forget about the exam until results day and try to enjoy summer :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 4672
Original post by Umut110
I just want a B, its all I need for my offer at LSE, Im so worries that I wont get it, I got a high B at AS and then got a C in PSYA4 in january, this is a resit, i just need 128/200 for this yeah to get a B, it seems easy enough, yet Im unable to get it haha. Fingers crossed!!

Yourself?

well i am hopeful that you achieve the grade you desire.
i'm aiming for an A*, i need 84UMS in the PSYA4 exam we have just done
however, i feel i could have performed better; hopefully i can still acheive my target.
Reply 4673
Original post by 19941994
To people still discussing this exam lol, theres no point talking about what you should or could have written! Cant change it now, just forget about the exam until results day and try to enjoy summer :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

I understand your view and it is a very good point for those who wish to not think about the exam any further.
However if you do not wish to analyse/share information about this exam, you are not obligated to read the dicussions on this thread.:smile:
Original post by Robert McGeachan
I dunno I wasn't trying to read it I was just writing down as fast as I could it should have been ok.

Did you find out that they could read your writing or did you just get a bad grade and then worked it out from there?

I found out the hard way on results day. I was predicted an A and got a C, got the paper back after and examiner had a note saying that the writing was not "readable" and was difficult to understand.
Should I make a results thread for everyone or shall we simply post our results on here? :smile:

Its still 2 months away though :tongue: I wish I had them now! :tongue:
almost as awkward as when i put wilcoxon T and i'm predicted an A*....
i just got the experimental designs mixed up for them; i know everything else fine, thats what annoyed me most!:angry:

I think I put wilcoxon as well haha! can't believe I did it, afterwards I realised and I was like FFS!!!
Reply 4677
I wrote about replicability and wrote as an example that VanIjzendorn etc replicated the same basis of Ainsworth's Strange Situation.
Reply 4678
Original post by Mephestic
Should I make a results thread for everyone or shall we simply post our results on here? :smile:

Its still 2 months away though :tongue: I wish I had them now! :tongue:

yeah, then we can all share how much we underacheived!:colondollar:
it's gonna be such a hectic day; lets just hope we do reasonably well!
I love how everyone is still talking about what they wrote in the exam :biggrin: I'm really starting to dread results day now, my university place rests in the hands of the person marking my Psychology papers...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending