The Student Room Group

Why Are English Females So Overweight?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lad-lad
Well points number 1 and 2 you haven't really said much new, you just carried on from where I took off, to your own opinion, nevermind.

About the 3rd point of discussion (as this is where I feel you do have a bit of influence):
Not all guys are into slim girls you are right, black guys like big birds because they like big arses.

Now if I get any average guy and offer him a girl which is slim and a girl which isn't who do you they will choose?
It is exactly the same with girls but in terms of power and money. If I was to offer you a guy with great personal qualities and exactly the same guy - great personal qualities but he is richer/has more influence in the society which one would you pick?

Exactly. It just makes sense.

But what I hate is that it takes so little to look slim for girls. Just run and eat well (none of that starving crap). For guys it takes ages to build yourself and look good and toned. So why not make that little effort if you are a girl? How amazing would it be if you turn from big to slim and you raise your confidence levels, you get more attention, you are getting more healthy and there are just no cons just pros.

Now you're being dickish. Why should girls lose weight just for being attractive? what sort of relationship would it be if someone was just attracted to the other because now they've become slimmer. Not all "bigger" girls are unhealthy and there are guy out there, like CHad for example, who are attracted to bigger girls. Maybe these bigger girls are attracted to bigger guys so why should they change for a skinny they might not even be attracted to. Most people who want people who are similar anyway. Maybe she is going through life stresses, has low self esteem which affects her eating and is having difficulty losing weight. Its not easier for girls to lose weight a lot of them find it hard. It's easier to lose weight in a group than individually especially if you have people who are unsupportive of your attempts to do that. Plus if they go to the gym a lot of people might make them feel uncomfortable.

As for which guy i pick if both had great personalities, i would look at other factors. I am self sufficient and would not see wealth/status as such a big thing. Many guys with wealth/status might like to flaunt it, which i don't admire, or they might not have time for me or any future children (we have if the relationship reaches that stage). As well as having a great personality, sense of humour he should be someone who is humble, modest and has time for those he cares about (family and friends). I think in a relationship when you make a committment you should stick to it. if i was dating a guy who was moderately "wealthy" but he lost all his money/lost status im not going to leave him for a guy with similar personality and a higher status. Love is based on more than that and it grows stronger when it passess obstacles and these obstacles act as tests to separate the gems from the rock. Similarly a decent worthwhile guy wont leave his wife/gf for someone prettier if he has an attachment to her.

A guy who is super wealthy might not have time for all this. So being very wealthy/having a lot of status isn't attractive. I find girls who date guys exclusively for wealth to be shallow just as i find guys who date girls exclusively because they fit the skinny look without regard to personality extremely shallow. Then when these shallow combinations break up (as occurs frequently in the celebrity world) then i think they only have themselves to blame for being so shallow.

Maybe my views aren't so common in the generation on tsr but thats how i think many would see it.
Original post by Chad_Bronson
I love you.

Seriously. `You have to be one of the most intelligent, socially aware people I have ever met on TSR. :colondollar:

Thanks same to you as well. :colondollar: you made me blush there lol. Althought i have to say im nothing special and maybe i dont even fit into either category skinny or big.Thanks for not being a mindless member of the crowd and actually be daring enough to have your own views on what you find attractive :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by indianaussie
Now you're being dickish. Why should girls lose weight just for being attractive? what sort of relationship would it be if someone was just attracted to the other because now they've become slimmer. Not all "bigger" girls are unhealthy and there are guy out there, like CHad for example, who are attracted to bigger girls. Maybe these bigger girls are attracted to bigger guys so why should they change for a skinny they might not even be attracted to. Most people who want people who are similar anyway. Maybe she is going through life stresses, has low self esteem which affects her eating and is having difficulty losing weight. Its not easier for girls to lose weight a lot of them find it hard. It's easier to lose weight in a group than individually especially if you have people who are unsupportive of your attempts to do that. Plus if they go to the gym a lot of people might make them feel uncomfortable.

As for which guy i pick if both had great personalities, i would look at other factors. I am self sufficient and would not see wealth/status as such a big thing. Many guys with wealth/status might like to flaunt it, which i don't admire, or they might not have time for me or any future children (we have if the relationship reaches that stage). As well as having a great personality, sense of humour he should be someone who is humble, modest and has time for those he cares about (family and friends). I think in a relationship when you make a committment you should stick to it. if i was dating a guy who was moderately "wealthy" but he lost all his money/lost status im not going to leave him for a guy with similar personality and a higher status. Love is based on more than that and it grows stronger when it passess obstacles and these obstacles act as tests to separate the gems from the rock. Similarly a decent worthwhile guy wont leave his wife/gf for someone prettier if he has an attachment to her.

A guy who is super wealthy might not have time for all this. So being very wealthy/having a lot of status isn't attractive. I find girls who date guys exclusively for wealth to be shallow just as i find guys who date girls exclusively because they fit the skinny look without regard to personality extremely shallow. Then when these shallow combinations break up (as occurs frequently in the celebrity world) then i think they only have themselves to blame for being so shallow.

Maybe my views aren't so common in the generation on tsr but thats how i think many would see it.

You are talking sense, mostly.
I am just being a bit of a d*ck :wink:

Anyway England won, that's all that matters :biggrin:
Original post by indianaussie
Thanks same to you as well. :colondollar: you made me blush there lol. Althought i have to say im nothing special and maybe i dont even fit into either category skinny or big.Thanks for not being a mindless member of the crowd and actually be daring enough to have your own views on what you find attractive :smile:

:biggrin:
Reply 144
Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

I hope you're trolling with that post.

I was referring to the alcohol point.

Re: the "go find your skinny women" comment:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37826667#post37826667

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=37909210&postcount=50

I love larger women (like all sizes actually). Get your facts straight before you get abusive.

Are you really Nigerian..i always believed they liked bigger girls because they find it attractive in Nigeria.
Reply 145
Original post by lad-lad
You are talking sense, mostly.
I am just being a bit of a d*ck :wink:

Anyway England won, that's all that matters :biggrin:

yeah only because of the referee..... :tongue:
Reply 146
Original post by Zim_
yeah only because of the referee..... :tongue:

The pass was offside moron so if you want to talk about referees then Milveski was off to start with.

Anyway, no saint thing such as football should be described in a ****ty thread like this.

Fat english women, hit me!
Original post by lad-lad
The pass was offside moron so if you want to talk about referees then Milveski was off to start with.

Anyway, no saint thing such as football should be described in a ****ty thread like this.

Fat english women, hit me!

*SMACK* Does a fat English guy count? :biggrin:

Only joking, I'm not a violent person. What's so bad about bigger women? :s-smilie:
Reply 148
I have just read through this thread and been disgusted and heartened in (almost) equal measures. I agree that there are women and men out there that need to lose weight, some more than others. However I don't think this has a great effect on their relationship status: All 3 of my best friends are in relationships of varying lengths, and they vary in size and fitness too. Each to their own is what I say - if you like larger girls, go out with larger girls, and if you like skinny girls, go out with skinny girls!
I do however agree that quite a lot of men do judge girls on their weight (more so than women do to men), rather than their beauty or personality etc. I know I need to lose a bit of weight (and I do mean a bit, I'm not grossly overweight or obese) but I don't think that I should be judged in my attractiveness because of this.
Anyway, rant over!
Xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by HW5
I have just read through this thread and been disgusted and heartened in (almost) equal measures. I agree that there are women and men out there that need to lose weight, some more than others. However I don't think this has a great effect on their relationship status: All 3 of my best friends are in relationships of varying lengths, and they vary in size and fitness too. Each to their own is what I say - if you like larger girls, go out with larger girls, and if you like skinny girls, go out with skinny girls!
I do however agree that quite a lot of men do judge girls on their weight (more so than women do to men), rather than their beauty or personality etc. I know I need to lose a bit of weight (and I do mean a bit, I'm not grossly overweight or obese) but I don't think that I should be judged in my attractiveness because of this.
Anyway, rant over!
Xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I agree, I absolutely agree with you :smile:

Quick Reply