The Student Room Group

C3 ocr mei june 21st 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jam'
Does that include coursework? I got 14/18 for that but think I got 100% in exam what UMS would that get?

No it doesn't include coursework. Though seriously, if you did get 86/90 I don't think it would be anything less than an A*.
Reply 161
[QUOTE="cemead1;38257951"]
Original post by themath
Just did this quickly now so excuse the scruffy writing please!

Question 5 part 1: when t=0,
P=7-2e^-(kx0)

So P=7-2 (because anything e^0 =1) so shouldn't P be 5?

It is 5

Long term is 7

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 162
[QUOTE="themath;38258074"]
Original post by cemead1

It is 5

Long term is 7

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh yeah i didn't see that! My mistake :P Still got the right answer anyway :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by SS*
Hopefully only 2 marks gone :tongue:

I wrote "let f(x)= x^3 - x and g(x)= x^3 - x".

When you add these together, s(x) is odd.

And when you multiply, p(x) is even.

I just couldnt think of an algebraic way to prove it, and seeing it didn't say that they were different odd functions, I did it this way.

By proof they were looking for a general case. If f(x)=g(x) then f(x)g(x) = f2(x) so you haven't proven much tbh and your conclusions cannot be extended to a general case; what if f(x) =/= g(x); does it still work?
Reply 164
Original post by DylanLJG
No it doesn't include coursework. Though seriously, if you did get 86/90 I don't think it would be anything less than an A*.

Thanks ... But probably not 100UMS?
Reply 165
Original post by Jam'
Thanks ... But probably not 100UMS?

I would say that a 68 in the written paper and 17 in the Coursework would be full marks, so 85/90 for full marks, which is still - on average - a very harsh mark.
Reply 166
Im an idiot, i did the implicit differentiation correctly but when putting in my values in the calculator I didnt do it properly so my gradient came out at 1/2 . How many marks was that question out of and how many would I lose ?
Reply 167
Original post by NoFunnyBusiness
It doesn't matter now, but in my book it says x not 1...and x is the right one.

That's odd; I have two text books, I just checked them and one has x printed and one has 1 printed. Obviously a mistake somewhere then
Hope the exam went well anyway (:
Thought it was ok, except I got confused on q1... :L
And then had to times by 4 randomly in a question.
But it was all good :-)
Reply 169
Original post by Polioz
Im an idiot, i did the implicit differentiation correctly but when putting in my values in the calculator I didnt do it properly so my gradient came out at 1/2 . How many marks was that question out of and how many would I lose ?

From what i can remember i think i got 1/2 as well, cant remember for sure, but i know i got 1/2 for a gradient somewhere, so we may be right! :biggrin:
Reply 170
Original post by helpme12345
you'll probably get the mark for your values but not for the answer, it can't be greater than 3/2 and less than -5/2

You can, if you try any value between the ones -5/3>x>3/2 the modulus function doesn't work. The way other people have written it, like x<-5/3 and x>3/2 means the same thing. what my inequality says is that x can be less than -5/3 so more negative values, or more than 3/2, more possitive values.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1)
Sorry I was a bit unclear :tongue: what I meant was that as it was the translation of the graph 1unit to the right, your limits needed to each be increased by 1 to give the equivalent area of f(x).
I think it was probably worth 2/3 marks max so don't worry :smile:

I know it was a translation, but somehow I got the original limits as -1 and 0 so the translated ones as 0 and 1. :-/ oh well.
Exam was easy as pie..someone post the exam paper please
Original post by verello12
Exam was easy as pie..someone post the exam paper please

Easy as 3.14169265...? :wink:
I'm so sorry :frown:
BTW, what did you guys get for the coursework?
I got 16/18, made me feel a bit relieved after C4 exam because I left a few answers in section B blank, the coursework might not be helping too much but better than nothing.
Reply 175
Original post by ray_charlene
BTW, what did you guys get for the coursework?
I got 16/18, made me feel a bit relieved after C4 exam because I left a few answers in section B blank, the coursework might not be helping too much but better than nothing.

I wasn't bothered when we did it lol and got 14/18 ... But predicted A* by some miracle ^^ congrats on the 16
Original post by najd5
You can, if you try any value between the ones -5/3>x>3/2 the modulus function doesn't work. The way other people have written it, like x<-5/3 and x>3/2 means the same thing. what my inequality says is that x can be less than -5/3 so more negative values, or more than 3/2, more possitive values.

the inequality doesn't make sense, it's impossible for a number to be greater than 3/2 and less than -2/5
Reply 177
for the range question i saw someone wrote f(x) was between 0 and 1 but i just put f(x) was less than or equal to 1. Is this wrong?
Reply 178
Original post by hprmc
i got 1.5 but i dont think its right :frown: otheer people got ln2 something :/

i got 1.5 for the area under the curve, but i think that you then had to take this area away from the area under the tangent which led me to get yeah ln2 something.

Sorry if this isnt the queston you're talking about! :biggrin:
Reply 179
Original post by Tedfoo25
No, sadly, as it was 0 and 1 for f(x-1), remember?
Therefore, you add 1 to each - for f(x) - to get 1 and 2, so the answer was ln(16)-1/2, which is the same as 4ln(2)-1/2, which is what most people got.

ah yeah that's what i ended up with, whether it is right, i don't know :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending