The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History "Life in Germany c1919–c1945" 20th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody got the January 2012 Germany Mark Scheme please
Reply 21
I know whatwill come up!!!

Somethigna bout night of Long Knvies WILL DEFINETELY come up
Somthing about HITELRS RISE TO POWER will also definetely come up!

These are TIPS from my highly relibale source!
Reply 22
Original post by xXxDHxXx
I know whatwill come up!!!

Somethigna bout night of Long Knvies WILL DEFINETELY come up
Somthing about HITELRS RISE TO POWER will also definetely come up!

These are TIPS from my highly relibale source!

Well you were right about Hitlers rise to power, but unfortunately the night of the long knives definitely did NOT come up :frown:
Original post by NoraHTunis
Well you were right about Hitlers rise to power, but unfortunately the night of the long knives definitely did NOT come up :frown:

The night of the long knives was included in question 3b?
Reply 24
DON'T POST!

This is an EDEXCEL exam and can therefore be taken as an IGCSE.

By posting, you give an advantage to students in other countries who are yet to take the exam... This advantage will enable their grades to be better, increasing the grade boundaries for all, so we'll get lower grades as a result!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Anny Smiles
DON'T POST!

By posting, you give an advantage to students in other countries who are yet to take the exam... This advantage will enable their grades to be better, increasing the grade boundaries for all, so we'll get lower grades as a result!

Thinking ahead hehehe!
Reply 26
How did everyone find it? i did the first optionn for 2, then 3 then 5... i thought lots of the questions were quite broad and vague so i kept on running out of time and space! :frown: I thought they could've been a bit more specific as that would have made it easier to pick out pieces of information to write about. What did you guys think :smile:
Reply 27
DON'T POST!

it's not an iGCSE is it? even if it is, they will hve done it now won't they?
I did Enabling Bill, 3 and 5
Reply 29
When I posted, it was still possible for people to take it in other places- now we're definitely all good to post ^_^

I'm not sure if it's an IGCSE or not, but my understanding is that all Edexcel exams can be taken as such- perhaps it's just being over cautious, but I figure it's better for us to be safe rather than sorry so to speak!

I thought it was a really nice exam, overall... I was pleased that I could answer questions!

I did the Reichstag fire, question 4, and then question 6 :smile:
Reply 30

I'm not sure if it's an IGCSE or not, but my understanding is that all Edexcel exams can be taken as such- perhaps it's just being over cautious, but I figure it's better for us to be safe rather than sorry so to speak!

I thought it was a really nice exam, overall... I was pleased that I could answer questions!

oh wow i didn't know that :smile:
hmm.. i thought it was ok but i prefered the style of the other papers.
do you think it matters that i forgot to write about one of the points in the last question?
Reply 31
Original post by LilJoh
oh wow i didn't know that :smile:
hmm.. i thought it was ok but i prefered the style of the other papers.
do you think it matters that i forgot to write about one of the points in the last question?

Yeaah ^_^

The style? I found this very similar to my medicine paper in style... I liked it, I think

The suggested point? I don't think so- provided you gave good points and reasonings... Although you might be lacking in detail and altogether demonstration of understanding without it, so you could lose marks...
But they're just suggested points- so the fact you didn't include it wouldn't, in itself, incur an immediate penalty :smile:

What did you miss out?
Reply 32
i did the enabling acct, the question on nazi education and question 6, everyone found it okay
Reply 33
I didnt like the question
'Why did Hitler become Chancellor in January 1933' (8)

I thought it was incredibly vauge :/
Original post by taamuuu
I didnt like the question
'Why did Hitler become Chancellor in January 1933' (8)

I thought it was incredibly vauge :/

Same! what did u write for that question? i basically wrote because of the weaknesses in the constitution and about Hindenbur, Von Schleicher and Von Papen...hated that it was an 8 marker :frown:
I did the Enabling Act, something about Nazi education and the ones about hyperinflation (I don't normally remember things like that). It went all fine except I stretched my neck and an invigilator told me off because I wasn't looking to the front, which was pretty embarrassing. But the exam itself was fine until I almost ran out of time, but I hope I got most of it OK.
Reply 36
I did Reichstag Fire, Increasing employment, Depression and Hyperinflation.

I didn't really like any of the questions, but wrote loads more than my mock, which I got a B in, so hopefully I've got an A or a low A* overall. I was so happy about question 3 or 4, because about 5 minutes before the exam started my friends were giving each other little tests, and started talking about employment. I hadn't revised this, so they told me all about it, and it came up!

I have no idea about what I said for 6(b) was relevant though :s-smilie:
Original post by jwf13

I have no idea about what I said for 6(b) was relevant though :s-smilie:

I had the same problem. I only had about fifteen minutes left at one point, so I sort of scrapped 6(a) and tried to do as much as I could for 6(b). I ended up doing what my Mum calls "brain-dumping", writing as many points as I could about the topic and attempting to link to it. I've almost definitely not got a good mark for that, though, as I only vaguely covered the other side of the argument. I wrote stuff about the Rentenmark, what effect it had for the public and how people were beginning to lose confidence in the Weimar Republic.

But oh well, I'll probably never know what I got in a particular question so I'll just cross my fingers, wait for the 23rd August and see what happened. I think it's only 25% of the GCSE so if I did badly it isn't the end of the world. I was ill when our school did the mock so I have no idea what I'm capable of really...
Reply 38
Original post by Bonoahx
I had the same problem. I only had about fifteen minutes left at one point, so I sort of scrapped 6(a) and tried to do as much as I could for 6(b). I ended up doing what my Mum calls "brain-dumping", writing as many points as I could about the topic and attempting to link to it. I've almost definitely not got a good mark for that, though, as I only vaguely covered the other side of the argument. I wrote stuff about the Rentenmark, what effect it had for the public and how people were beginning to lose confidence in the Weimar Republic.

But oh well, I'll probably never know what I got in a particular question so I'll just cross my fingers, wait for the 23rd August and see what happened. I think it's only 25% of the GCSE so if I did badly it isn't the end of the world. I was ill when our school did the mock so I have no idea what I'm capable of really...

Yeah, I wrote about how it encouraged extremeist groups, the public were unhappy, but also about how the actual constitution was the main problem, as loads of small parties meant that no-one could get a majority to pass laws. I also wrote about poor foreign relations, and this is actually why hyperinflation became so bad- because of reperations. Then I said that the Treaty of Versailles was a big problem, as Germany were weak and poor now.

And, yeah, we were told to take the mock home, and had a week to do it, but I was doing English and Biology revision and forgot about it... cue mad dash to complete a paper at 9 o'clock the night before it's due...

At least I can resit in January if I (probably will) need to.
Reply 39
I learnt timings from my friend about 2 minutes before I went in, and they saved my life... I could've spent the full time on one question easily!

Slightly jealous of the re-take opportunity there :P

I find it so much more stressful when I know I can't re-take an exam if it goes wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest