The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by SHABANA
I used a Moleskine one. The left page was divided Mon-Sun (Sat and Sun were actually the bottom row split in to 2). The right page was just all lined. Found it really useful - could put in as many notes as I wanted on the right side. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moleskine-Large-Weekly-Notebook-Months/dp/8866131377/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340460936&sr=8-1

Thank you :smile: That's great!
Original post by evie1234
Thank you :smile: That does make sense. Also Filofax refils are so expensive. I'm probably going to go with the Filofax though, and sort of make up the sections that are most useful from the Palgrave diary as an example. I want somewhere to keep my budget and stuff like that, but doubt I would use the other stuff! Thanks for your help :smile:

Paperchase make own-brand refills which are a lot cheaper.
Reply 582
Original post by evie1234
Thank you :smile: That's great!

Just found these - much cheaper http://www.edplanbooks.com/6th-form-student-planner-c19.html you do have quite a bit of space for each day
Reply 583
Original post by SHABANA
I used a Moleskine one. The left page was divided Mon-Sun (Sat and Sun were actually the bottom row split in to 2). The right page was just all lined. Found it really useful - could put in as many notes as I wanted on the right side. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moleskine-Large-Weekly-Notebook-Months/dp/8866131377/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340460936&sr=8-1

Ah, I was thinking about buying this very planner for Sixth form next year (but the hard cover version). How did you find it? Would it be worth it, since my school will give me a planner (I want my own one though :smile: )? And do you use a fountain pen with it - if so, does it bleed through?
Reply 584
Oh and can people be on Oxford Paper Sale watch! As soon as you see an Oxford pad on sale ANYWHERE, Let us know!!!
Reply 585
Original post by shmuxel
Oh and can people be on Oxford Paper Sale watch! As soon as you see an Oxford pad on sale ANYWHERE, Let us know!!!

Morrissons had both A4 & A5 Recycled notebooks for £1.50 each, a few weeks ago! I was a bit reluctant as I never usually buy recycled paper, but you can't really tell the difference with this. However, I don't know if this offer is still on. Cannot wait 'til the Tesco Stationary sales though!! I think I will buy as many as I can carry, and build a sort of stockpile at my parent's house, as I don't want to run out and pay £4 a notebook :|
Reply 586
Original post by shmuxel
Ah, I was thinking about buying this very planner for Sixth form next year (but the hard cover version). How did you find it? Would it be worth it, since my school will give me a planner (I want my own one though :smile: )? And do you use a fountain pen with it - if so, does it bleed through?

I have bought the hard-cover one twice. I really like it - most fountain pens are fine with it. A Parker medium nib will bleed through.
Original post by shmuxel

Am I some sort of freak as I hate the stuff? I've borrowed some from a friend before, its too smooth! I spend far too much money is staples on their notebooks.
Hello guys. I love stationary. It makes me feel all happy inside.:biggrin: It helps my Mum works in a stationary shop so is always buying me their latest stuff.:tongue: She bought me some pens with rubbers on the end last week. I was sceptical thinking they'll be those rubbish ones we all had in school but, to my surprise, they actually work really well!

Anyway, I'm hoping to use one notepad (of course I'll get a new one once that's filled) then having one folder (you know the folders with the plastic wallets stuck in) per module to put all my lecture notes and handouts in. Is that enough? Too much? Just right?
Original post by .snowflake.
Am I some sort of freak as I hate the stuff? I've borrowed some from a friend before, its too smooth! I spend far too much money is staples on their notebooks.

No I think they're too smooth and shiny as well. It feels like my pen is going ice skating when I write on them!
Reply 590
moleskine!!
Original post by Beebumble
No I think they're too smooth and shiny as well. It feels like my pen is going ice skating when I write on them!

Thats exactly it. combined with a ballpoint and being left handed, doesnt end well. I get on much better with the staples own brand. The tesco cheapest notebooks are a complete waste of money. a) they stink. b) they shed bits which bung your pen up. Mummy, i love you, but by buying me a load of these, you really didnt save me any money.

I've seen a planner from WHS that I like, but its £8. click It's got elephants on it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 592
Gaaah stationary. This has got me so excited.

Starting A2s now. Got myself a lever arch per subject. Need to buy dividers for the topics and a planner/diary. I used a little blank notebook last year and it really wasn't great.

Keeping myself updated on this thread for Oxford Paper sales. That stuff is the best but I end up writing less notes because I don't want to waste the beautiful paper.
Reply 593
Love stationery too :love: :biggrin:

Last year I brought a pack of 10 plastic file dividers from Sainsbury's but whenever I been back since then I've never seen them again :sad:. The paper ones are so crap, they rip really easily :rolleyes:.
Completely managed to fill up a lever arch file for Psychology! :eek: Also messed it up because I always took it to school :colondollar:, so now I'm going to use ringbinders (plastic ones from Wilkinson) to take to school :yep:
Got loads of Oxford paper :biggrin:. I use a fountain pen so it can be quite hard to write on it a lot of the time, but other paper just goes through and I don't like the colour of other paper too much, especially after using Oxford.

Have been trying to look for a larger ringbinder, between the size of a standard ringbinder and a lever arch file. Haven't really found one yet :sad:.
Reply 594
Original post by .snowflake.
Thats exactly it. combined with a ballpoint and being left handed, doesnt end well. I get on much better with the staples own brand. The tesco cheapest notebooks are a complete waste of money. a) they stink. b) they shed bits which bung your pen up. Mummy, i love you, but by buying me a load of these, you really didnt save me any money.

I've seen a planner from WHS that I like, but its £8. click It's got elephants on it.

Original post by Beebumble

Original post by avhhs

Last year I brought a pack of 10 plastic file dividers from Sainsbury's but whenever I been back since then I've never seen them again :sad:. The paper ones are so crap, they rip really easily :rolleyes:.
Completely managed to fill up a lever arch file for Psychology! :eek: Also messed it up because I always took it to school :colondollar:, so now I'm going to use ringbinders (plastic ones from Wilkinson) to take to school :yep:
Got loads of Oxford paper :biggrin:. I use a fountain pen so it can be quite hard to write on it a lot of the time, but other paper just goes through and I don't like the colour of other paper too much, especially after using Oxford.

Have been trying to look for a larger ringbinder, between the size of a standard ringbinder and a lever arch file. Haven't really found one yet :sad:.

Guys, guys, guys. There is no doubt. Oxford Paper is the best.

Using a fountain pen, it is simply vital that good paper is used. Oxford is smooth, clean, white and simply beautiful when the ink glides over it...

I for one will be buying multiple packs when on sale!
Original post by shmuxel
Guys, guys, guys. There is no doubt. Oxford Paper is the best.

Using a fountain pen, it is simply vital that good paper is used. Oxford is smooth, clean, white and simply beautiful when the ink glides over it...

I for one will be buying multiple packs when on sale!

Lol, sorry it's like writing on plastic.:tongue:

WH Smith start their sale mid July I think.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by carl_senior
Trying to figure out how best to organise my notes at uni.
Ringbinders/ Lever Arch files or Notebooks with Sections?

How do other people do it?

I have 1 ringbinder for one module. I didn't get one notebook for each module this year though instead I just got a good refill pad and ripped out my notes and put them in my ringbinder. Last year I got one notebook for each module but there was TONS of space left so I decided to just get the one and rip it out to keep each module organised. It worked for me haha.
Original post by avhhs

managed to fill one of those, and a ringbinder, along with a standard A5 exercise book for german... as well as a decent wodge of my HD and my faves folder in FF.
Are there any companies that do own-brand Filofax refills other than WHSmith? I'd absolutely love to find a mid-year day-per-page diary, or day-per-page diaries that are cheap enough I can justify getting a whole year just to use half of it.
Original post by dancinginrainbows
Are there any companies that do own-brand Filofax refills other than WHSmith? I'd absolutely love to find a mid-year day-per-page diary, or day-per-page diaries that are cheap enough I can justify getting a whole year just to use half of it.

Paper chase do their own ones, but not sure how cheap they will be.

On another stationery note, Sainsburys near me were doing a great offer on lots of types of pretty notebooks buy one get one free, I'm hoping the offer is still on for when I go back

Latest

Trending

Trending