The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silentlife
No, it was cloudy all morning and then it rained at mid day and into the afternoon... I heard it rained all day the day before - they said it was better that day. I guess you went to the open day the day before...

Ask wcp100 if you want to know about Manchester. I think he lives there/lives very close/frequently goes there, from his breadth of knowledge of the city.

No, I was asking because the only reason I can think of that you would walk instead of taking the bus was if it was nice and sunny. Plus I know about the rain on Friday because it was the same here and I was standing out in the rain waiting for the Olympic Torch to pass. That was the most wet I have ever been...
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
No, I was asking because the only reason I can think of that you would walk instead of taking the bus was if it was nice and sunny. Plus I know about the rain on Friday because it was the same here and I was standing out in the rain waiting for the Olympic Torch to pass. That was the most wet I have ever been...

My friend wanted to "see the area" and said the bus might "drop us off somewhere random" (which was evidently not the case; I took the bus back and it left from the visitor's centre at the heart of the university).

Unlucky man... But hey at least you saw the torch. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
My friend wanted to "see the area" and said the bus might "drop us off somewhere random" (which was evidently not the case; I took the bus back and it left from the visitor's centre at the heart of the university).

Unlucky man... But hey at least you saw the torch. :smile:

Haha, sounds like a good story :biggrin:
Reply 5803
The old Edexcel M6 looks interesting.
Reply 5804
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
I know, I know but it's similar to Lancaster and we do sometimes get sun here...

Original post by wcp100
You must be joking. Sun in Manchester? Pah.

This is the benefit of living marginally closer to the equator... we're having a hosepipe ban :pierre:

Spoiler

Reply 5805
Original post by Etoile
This is the benefit of living marginally closer to the equator... we're having a hosepipe ban :pierre:

Spoiler

What is this so called hose thing. I've never heard/needed one. :tehee:
Original post by Etoile
Awesome :smile: Mainly plays but also some poetry... novels take ages :sigh:

They do. :sad: it's so annoying if you constantly have to look up really specific words in the dictionary too. :/
Reply 5807
Original post by wcp100
Are you going to the Imperial open day?

Well, I booked a place at the compsci talk but I don't know if I've got confirmation for that yet but I'll be there to have a look around anyhow for the other talks. Yourself? :biggrin:

Original post by Etoile
Doesn't offer languages :tongue:

I actually didn't know that :teehee:
I love Manchester but I think it's just a bit too close!
Original post by berryripple
I love Manchester but I think it's just a bit too close!

Why is it bad it's a bit too close? :confused:
Why is it bad it's a bit too close? :confused:

Wouldn't really feel like as much of a new experience, and I feel I'd probably go home a lot on a short train journey.

edit: when I said I love Manchester I meant the city, as I haven't really looked at the university yet
"I don't care what any of you think, our option next year is medical physics because I think it's fascinating and I'm the boss hahaha" - My teacher today :colonhash:

Thus concludes another one of my diplomatic Physics lessons :wink:

(But in all honesty, I think Medical Physics will be interesting, I'm okay with it... Kind of wanted something cool like Astro or even condensed matter (or similar) but oh well).

Also, Further Maths is so much fun :biggrin: :biggrin: I feel bad for those who only get to do Maths :frown:
Original post by Llewellyn
"I don't care what any of you think, our option next year is medical physics because I think it's fascinating and I'm the boss hahaha" - My teacher today :colonhash:

Thus concludes another one of my diplomatic Physics lessons :wink:

(But in all honesty, I think Medical Physics will be interesting, I'm okay with it... Kind of wanted something cool like Astro or even condensed matter (or similar) but oh well).

Also, Further Maths is so much fun :biggrin: :biggrin: I feel bad for those who only get to do Maths :frown:

Most of my friends find the medical physics option really boring (but I do the IB)

Your last statement is hilarious.
Original post by ElMoro
Well, I booked a place at the compsci talk but I don't know if I've got confirmation for that yet but I'll be there to have a look around anyhow for the other talks. Yourself? :biggrin:

I actually didn't know that :teehee:

You are in year 11.
Original post by bigboy1111452
You are in year 11.

Are you a lurker?
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Most of my friends find the medical physics option really boring (but I do the IB)

Your last statement is hilarious.

All of these poor mislead souls... Clearly this is some sort of conspiracy to inhibit progress.

Spoiler

Reply 5816
Original post by bigboy1111452
You are in year 11.

Oh really? :sly:

Original post by Llewellyn

:nothing:
Reply 5817
Original post by berryripple
Are you a lurker?

They've posted in the y11 thread a couple times. I think their first post was something like "you're not y12 yet GTFO"... Btw I don't remember if I thanked you properly for doing a pros and cons list of lit and economics so thanks haha :biggrin:
Original post by ElMoro

:nothing:

:console: it's okay to not see the truth, everyone can get lost at times :smile:

What subject do you enjoy then? Or failing that, what do you enjoy doing?
Original post by ElMoro
They've posted in the y11 thread a couple times. I think their first post was something like "you're not y12 yet GTFO"... Btw I don't remember if I thanked you properly for doing a pros and cons list of lit and economics so thanks haha :biggrin:

You didn't but you have now, and it's fine :biggrin:

Latest