The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Accommodation at Northampton

Hey, this has probably been asked before but I just wanted to know what is the best halls. (I know it depends on the person and personal preferences,but just as a general view if that is possible..Which it probably isn't haha. Things such as age of building and rooms and decor and facilities etc)

I'm definitely going to apply for single ensuite and will be based at Park Campus,

So I've deduced I have three to choose from: Simon Senlis, Spencer Perceval and William Carey.

I am aware that William Carey has a different residency period, why is that?

---

Oh and a question while I'm here too, I won't be putting Northampton as my firm, but my insurance. Therefore I am aware that I won't get first preference and stuff, but how do I apply for accommodation there if I do end up going?

The website says that the forms will be sent in May, providing:
chosen the University of Northampton as first/firm choice
accepted the offer of your course at Northampton.

Which makes me question how exactly I do apply if I don't get grades for my firm choice.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Unfortuntely, if it's your insurance choice you aren't guaranteed accommodation. You may get lucky but priority is given to international students/those with access needs. Although saying that, applications have dropped 10% this year (+ I think the new accommodation in town will be finished by then) so it's more likely than other years that you'll get a room. If you don't the uni holds a househunting day end of Aug/beggining of Sept for 1st years who've been left without accommodation for you to meet up with people and get a non uni owned house together. Or the other option would be to stay in a hotel for a week or two and wait for people to drop out (this always happens in the first few weeks) and then take their room. The uni will contact you after results day if have missed your first choice and either send you the forms or tell you theres no spaces left.

The different residency period is because some courses have placements and have to stay on after the exam period, whereas most students can go home after May. Theres not a lot of difference between the halls, although I think William Carey is the newest one.
Northampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I got an unconditional offer from the university for computers,
just want to know about the part time work available to the students there and quality of teaching..??
I have read many reviews regarding the university which makes me doubtful going there..so just want to know anything from the current students there??
and jobs prospectus after my graduation?
Original post by alakh
just want to know about the part time work available to the students there and quality of teaching..??

For part time work it all depends what you're after really. During freshers a lot of club nights are looking for promoters for student nights but i really wouldn't recommend it, it's mostly commission based and a lot of hard work for hardly any money! Although i'm sure there will be part-time jobs in retail or bar work etc.

The quality of teaching is dependent on the lecturers you have, some are brilliant, and some not so much :smile:
does anyone know when you can apply? i know they send an email, but when is this? i have firmed my offer to study here. thanks.
Reply 5
I asked the accomadation office and they said electronic invitations would be sent in May.
Original post by mimi411
I asked the accomadation office and they said electronic invitations would be sent in May.

Thanks a lot.
Reply 7
Has anyone heard anything about accommodation yet??
Original post by Andrew114
Has anyone heard anything about accommodation yet??

I have, i have literally just filled out the application, you should have recieved an email, if you havent then you will not be accepted... except that was a joke and if you havent recieved today then you will recieve it in the next few days. Its very simple to fill out, except i recieved an validation code in a seperate email which was confusing to find, you will see what i mean. It asks you to fill out an application form in which you choose your top 5 accomodation residences in preference order. So look em all up before you choose. Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 9
How do you mean "confusing to find" exactly?

Sorry, new but paranoid student here :smile: Have sent off application and confirmed firm choice, their accommodation site is telling me that they've sent an email with the validation code but nothing's arrived just yet. Where would I look to find said code?

Please and thank you :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by BishopBasher
I have, i have literally just filled out the application, you should have recieved an email, if you havent then you will not be accepted... except that was a joke and if you havent recieved today then you will recieve it in the next few days. Its very simple to fill out, except i recieved an validation code in a seperate email which was confusing to find, you will see what i mean. It asks you to fill out an application form in which you choose your top 5 accomodation residences in preference order. So look em all up before you choose. Hope this helped :smile:

I would say yes it did help, but I still haven't got an email from them so slightly concerned about it.... but cheers anyway!
Original post by Dragoness
How do you mean "confusing to find" exactly?

Sorry, new but paranoid student here :smile: Have sent off application and confirmed firm choice, their accommodation site is telling me that they've sent an email with the validation code but nothing's arrived just yet. Where would I look to find said code?

Please and thank you :smile:

If you check all your recent emails from Northampton (like i did) then you should find it, i'm afraid that's all i can say without actually accessing your email address :/ sorry.
Has anyone had an acceptance (room offer) for their accommodation application yet?
Reply 13
Original post by sticklebrick93
Has anyone had an acceptance (room offer) for their accommodation application yet?

yeah i've had a room offer for William Carey anyone else??
I've accepted a room offer for Charles Bradlaugh, though I'm yet to see anyone else on these forums going there aswell. I think it's a smaller halls in general, but I guess I'd like to know that I'm not alone, haha. Anyone else moving in there, or John Clare Halls next to it?
Original post by Curious Herobrine
I've accepted a room offer for Charles Bradlaugh, though I'm yet to see anyone else on these forums going there aswell. I think it's a smaller halls in general, but I guess I'd like to know that I'm not alone, haha. Anyone else moving in there, or John Clare Halls next to it?

I've accepted an offer for there too!

I have, errmm... a standard single, with internet and communal shower, i think its called a standard single :/ but yeah, i have that one. Excited!
Awesome! Which flats are people in in Charles Bradlaugh?
Awesome! Which flats are people in in Charles Bradlaugh?

C3:7 in hall Flat C3, i have no idea what that means but it is what i have been allocated :smile: please, no one steal my ****, thanks. How about you?
Reply 19
Accommodation references should be in a email after they have paid and applied for accommodation. Seems like everyone have chosen similar ones :P when is the move in day as My one says on the 15th for my accommodation but I'm unsure. lol Park Campus :tongue: So far i got my room paid for the deposit at Margaret Bondfield Hall :smile:

Quick Reply