Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

UWE Engineering 12/13

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, anybody else doing engineering at UWE this year? It seems to be only design and accounting students on here

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Electrical and Electronic Engineering

What engineering course are you doing ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical engineering, was hoping to hear from some others doing it or aerospace/motorsport. No offence just electrical and mechanical are very different
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No problem !
    At least we are in the same department
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have it as my insurance in aerospace might end up coming here after my maths exam :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im going to studying aeronautical engineering
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aerospace engineering as my insurance but will most probably come to UWE as I really don't think i've got into my first choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what was your first choice? have u applied for accommodation yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5360
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leicester, Nope can't apply for accommodation until I fully accept UWE after results day annoyingly. UWE your first choice?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Leicester last year but messed up my physics, so took UWE, as my backup i couldnt find any accommodation though, at all, so had to defer to this year and take the higher tuition fees :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah physics is difficult. Really? Thats what i'm worried about, there's going to be no accommodation anywhere. Applying on results day....bit last minute.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well good luck, I'm sure u will get a course, just accommodation that will be hard. uwe was my first choice btw

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5360
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_monty)
    yeah physics is difficult. Really? Thats what i'm worried about, there's going to be no accommodation anywhere. Applying on results day....bit last minute.
    Yeah i missed the grade my 2% but hey ho its the past, don't try to apply for frenchay because it will be gone, ask them if you can go anywhere that isn't normally engineering like fishponds, but id probably get straight onto the private accommodation in Bristol as it sells out fast!

Anyway be positive and hope you get into Leicester because its a really nice uni, the engineering building is insane, i.m guessing you've been to see it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised they didn't take you with only 2% off, were your other grades okay? Yeah i've been looking at fishponds area, its only a short walk from frenchay so its not too bad. The problem with private accommodation is there's hardly any near the campus, majority of it is all in the city center, however if that's all there is its better than nothing.
    Yeah I was really impressed with Leicester, nice uni and really good facilities. Plus the accommodation is a far cheaper.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing the engineering foundation
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey im doing foundation engineering! Is it really that hard to find accomodation on results day? Uh ohhhhh
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariaking)
    Hey im doing foundation engineering! Is it really that hard to find accomodation on results day? Uh ohhhhh
    I have no idea :/ ive got a place in halls if i get the right results. Is ur offer conditional?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minidoofy)
    I have no idea :/ ive got a place in halls if i get the right results. Is ur offer conditional?
    Yeah I need minimum 180 points where you coming from?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariaking)
    Yeah I need minimum 180 points where you coming from?
    Same for me. I'm so nervous about results i'm from Plymouth. You?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    We'll kickass I'm sure! I'm just hoping my physics doesn't let me down....... bleh cool! swansea

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 27, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.