The Student Room Group

Arab league vote- syria membership

Tunisia propose the temporary suspension of Syrias Arab League membership. if we get more than 50% voting nations in favour of this proposal, then we will revoke syrias membership until the president nation deems the situation resolved and believes Syria suitable for membership again.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
3 Day voting period begins now
OOC: Can Observers vote on this? This is potentially why we need a Guidance Document/ Constitution soon so that the details are set in stone.
Reply 3
Original post by toronto353
OOC: Can Observers vote on this? This is potentially why we need a Guidance Document/ Constitution soon so that the details are set in stone.

yep, im working on it. Ordinarily they cannot, but due to low activity for this vote you can.
Reply 4
Thunder_Chunky
QFA

Could you include this in the next update? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Voted yes on behalf of Qatar and leader of the Syrian Resolution Committee.
Original post by Moleman1996
Could you include this in the next update? :biggrin:

Yes, I will be sending out an update today and shall be including this.

:cool:
Reply 7
Dang!

I can't vote but I just did, Sorry!
Reply 8
Syria will not tolerate this behaviour by its Arab brother nations, hence "no". Syria will continue to crush Israel-US-Saudi backed armed rebels.

Iraq will not back Syria's suspension from the AL. Iraq calls for both sides to enter a period of dialogue.
thunder_chunky
QFA

Add a "no" vote please.~Iraq
:yy:
Original post by Florrick
Dang!

OOC: Did you vote "yes" or no"? :cool:
Reply 9
Oman votes aye
Original post by ak137
Syria will not tolerate this behaviour by its Arab brother nations, hence "no". Syria will continue to crush Israel-US-Saudi backed armed rebels.

Iraq will not back Syria's suspension from the AL. Iraq calls for both sides to enter a period of dialogue.

Syria:

Libya will not tolerate the murder of civilians by its Arab brother nations, hence "yes". We are not sure that the rebels are "Israel-US-Saudi backed", but we are sure that they are 100% Libyan backed.

Iraq:

The time for dialogue has passed. Assad has been given multiple chances tto keep to the Annan plan. UN monitors have been shot at. It is time for the Arab League to take concrete action against Syria.
Reply 11
The Czech Republic cannot vote but hopes that the eviction passes.
Dang!

Please let me know what you voted for and I'll subtract it.

Original post by ak137

Done
Reply 13
Original post by ak137

OOC: Did you vote "yes" or no"? :cool:

I think you already know Brunei's stance. :colondollar:

I know how heated you can get about Syria. Please don't let this come this in between us.
Reply 14
Original post by missbanana21
Syria:

Libya will not tolerate the murder of civilians by its Arab brother nations, hence "yes". We are not sure that the rebels are "Israel-US-Saudi backed", but we are sure that they are 100% Libyan backed.

Iraq:

The time for dialogue has passed. Assad has been given multiple chances tto keep to the Annan plan. UN monitors have been shot at. It is time for the Arab League to take concrete action against Syria.

Syria will not allow itself to become Libya 2.0 and sell itself to the west. We are 100% sure the Al Qaeda/FSA thugs that run terrorist operations are CIA/Saudi bankrolled and funnelling arms to them. Syria agrees with Libya, the reactionary thugs from Libyan "uprising" have entered Syria illegally.

Iraq believes that dialogue should continue considering the legitimate opposition (the NCC) also want dialogue with the Syrian government.

I think you already know Brunei's stance. :colondollar:

I know how heated you can get about Syria. Please don't let this come this in between us.

OOC - Fair enough haha :colondollar:
Original post by ak137
Syria will not allow itself to become Libya 2.0 and sell itself to the west. We are 100% sure the Al Qaeda/FSA thugs that run terrorist operations are CIA/Saudi bankrolled and funnelling arms to them. Syria agrees with Libya, the reactionary thugs from Libyan "uprising" have entered Syria illegally.

Iraq believes that dialogue should continue considering the legitimate opposition (the NCC) also want dialogue with the Syrian government.

If the Syrian regime wishes to carry on believing that the opposition comes from other countries, then fair enough. Libya hopes they will pay heed to the demise of Colonel Gaddafi. We have not sold ourselves to the west, we are liberated from a hated dictator. We recognise the Syrian National Council as the true government of Syria and fully back our Arab brothers in their struggle for freedom.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
Original post by missbanana21
If the Syrian regime wishes to carry on believing that the opposition comes from other countries, then fair enough. Libya hopes they will pay heed to the demise of Colonel Gaddafi. We have not sold ourselves to the west, we are liberated from a hated dictator. We recognise the Syrian National Council as the true government of Syria and fully back our Arab brothers in their struggle for freedom.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It does come from other countries. Your oil contracts and debt speak volumes about your subservience to the west. Syria does not recognise the NTC and never will be the legitimate government of Libya.
Reply 17
Just a few hours left to vote fellow Arab Nations.

Tunisia votes in favour of this, Syrias actions are unnaceptable and since Russia and China continue to block international opposition through the MUN, Tunisia feels it is time for the AL to step up its sanctions.
Reply 18
Thunder_Chunky
QFA

Could you unfreeze this for us please? :tongue:
Original post by Moleman1996
Could you unfreeze this for us please? :tongue:

Done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending