The Student Room Group

CV help?

I'm trying to look for work at retail fashion store for the summer holidays, and since I have no past experience except volunteering at Oxfam, therefore I'm not to sure how to write an attractive CV for a retail store.

Please leave your tips and advices down below if you have any, Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1
The same rule goes for your CV as any other CV. Over-exaggerate to the extreme! But the important thing is to never tell any blatant lies. Stretching the truth is one thing, but lying is another. Oh and you will hear lots of things about well-rounded and interesting individuals. Some say it's worthless some say it's worth a lot. Just lie about a hobby you do in your spare time if you don't have anything; in this case it's not something that anyone is going to check.

And make it specific to the store. Don't just create something generic and hand it out to everybody.
Reply 2
Original post by Genocidal
The same rule goes for your CV as any other CV. Over-exaggerate to the extreme! But the important thing is to never tell any blatant lies. Stretching the truth is one thing, but lying is another. Oh and you will hear lots of things about well-rounded and interesting individuals. Some say it's worthless some say it's worth a lot. Just lie about a hobby you do in your spare time if you don't have anything; in this case it's not something that anyone is going to check.

And make it specific to the store. Don't just create something generic and hand it out to everybody.

Thanks for your quick reply! I'll take your advices on board just a bit worried since most retail stores want someone with past retail experiences :/
Reply 3
Original post by fiona23
Thanks for your quick reply! I'll take your advices on board just a bit worried since most retail stores want someone with past retail experiences :/

Oxfam is retail pretty much. It's just a shop like any other. The only difference is where the profits go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending