Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Makeup Samples

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where you can get foundation make up samples from?

My face is darker than my neck and chest, I am generally quite pale. A while ago I went to Boots and was given a foundation to use and they colour matched it with my neck line, but when outside it looked so much darker than my neck even without using much of it, and it didn't last all day.

I tried going to benefits and the assistant their struggled to find a match to my face as nothing was pale enough so I found myself going for Rimmel lasting finish 25 hour which is brilliant but cannot find it in the shade I need. Currently using Ivory and by applying only a little bit it looks too dark.

I just want to find something that won't make my face look 5 times darker than my neck, but can't keep spending money in the process of finding something!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can't help with makeup samples.
    But professional make-up artist Lisa Eldridge has a video on best foundations for pale skin: http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/22...ery-pale-skin/
    Maybe worth a look?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to a department store like House of Fraser or Debenams or any large branch of Boots and approach the stand for the foundation you want. I find Chanel B10, Bobbi Brown Alabaster, Mac NC15 and Dior 010 match my impossibly pale skin very well! The assistant usually won't offer a sample as they're looking for a quick sale but for every new foundation I try, I ask for a sample after I have been matched. Simply say you want to see how it looks in natural light or it's staying power and they will almost definitely be happy to provide you with a sample!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    not sure about samples, but why don't you try matching your face to your neck rather than the other way round?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also thing Nars do a pale foundation as do Dainty doll by Nicola from girls aloud.

You will probably be better off with a high end brand as they cater to specific skin tones where as drugstore brands are a bit more general and have less of a selection.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try Lily Lolo. It's mineral powder that comes down to the palest shades I've found, and having milkbottle Irish skin I've done a lot of searching. They do samples as well and although I think they only stock online the postage is ridiculously fast.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bobbi Brown do some great pale shades, I'm NW15 in MAC (the palest warm shade available) but I'm the second palest shade in Bobbi Brown which is Porcelain (0). They do an alabaster shade (00) which is super pale!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 26, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.