The Student Room Group

SAAS documents for tuition fees

Hi! So I applied for tuition fees only on SAAS and they said they will look at the application once they recieve all of the needed documents. Im a bit confused at to what those are though :s-smilie: I know my parents need to fill out a form the website gave me a link to, but what else do I have to send in? My friend said she only sent them her passport and offer letter copy and thats it. Can anyone confirm this? And if anyone knows, must they be sent by post or is fax ok?Thanks ^^ Im a EU student btw.
Reply 1
I'm in the same boat. I did the application online. So far the only thing they wanted from me was employment and courses form, which I scanned and sent by email. I have no idea if they want it sent by post. As far as the passport and the letter, they haven't asked for any of that yet. I'm also appying as an EU student.
Reply 2
Ugh, theyre website is so confusing! The person who runs the SAAS facebook page replied to one of the people asking the same thing that if you are applying for just tuition, they shouldnt need any additional documents but I would prefer if this was verified... Ill let you know if I find out anything new :smile:
Reply 3
Hey guys,

I am also an EU student and I needed to send those ab10a and ab10b forms, which concern your previous education (under the age of 25) and your parents. I phoned SAAS up and a member of staff gave me that information.

Also, I'd avise you, that if you have done any previous study at a university before (I started off in Germany but quit now, only received like 14 ECTS...) that you get a certificate that certifies how many ECTS you have been receiving, otherwise you might not be funded. I am currently in a similar situation :s-smilie: Getting worried, because SAAS phone lines are down.
Reply 4
Hey,

I'm in the same boat, also an EU student. Do I really need to send those ab10a and ab10b forms, or can my application also be processed without those? They're ridiculous. I found the whole online application very confusing.

Anyone who has a clear idea of what I'd need to send them?
Reply 5
Do you think I need to send the forms if I never studied or worked before and I did click that on the online application? I am only applying for tuition fees atm, which arent supposed to be income based so it wouldnt make much sense to send any additional stuff...

Ive heard people wait ages on the phone, Im too scared to call even!
Reply 6
Original post by p.anamarija
Do you think I need to send the forms if I never studied or worked before and I did click that on the online application? I am only applying for tuition fees atm, which arent supposed to be income based so it wouldnt make much sense to send any additional stuff...

Ive heard people wait ages on the phone, Im too scared to call even!

As EU students, there shouldnt be any conditions for the funding of our tuition fees other than us actually having EU citizenship. That means all we should technically have to give them is proof of EU citizenship and the school/course we are doing.

I have no idea why they'd want anything else (or why its taking so long for them to reply, for that matter...)
Reply 7
I had to send those ab10a and ab10b forms nontheless, I phoned them up and asked a member of staff because I didn't want to rely on anything posted here.

I would have had my award letter ready on the 27th, but somehow they decided that they need to review it because I gained stupid 15 ECTS (hardly anything). Now, I still have to prove that these are hardly big achievements and send proof and still didn't receive my award letter :/

I this didn't happen, my funding would have been in place ages ago. I filled out the online form, send the ab10a and ab10b form and sent them a copy of my "offer letter" from UCAS. (As a first year you are asked to send them that aswell).
Reply 8
I emailed them and they said that as a EU student I dont need any other documents for tuition fees so far. Also, is it true that only UK nationals can apply for living loans, meaning that EU students cant get any accommodation loans?!
Reply 9
I emailed them and they said that as a EU student I dont need any other documents for tuition fees so far. Also, is it true that only UK nationals can apply for living loans, meaning that EU students cant get any accommodation loans?!

I think you have to apply for a "accomodation" loan in your own EU country..

But the tuition fees should be covered by the SAAS.
Hi guys,

I am also an EU student and have already applied for SAAS over a week ago. The question, is should I send copies of my offer letter and passport as soon as possible or only after they ask me to do it? So far in my 'application progress enquiry' section is stated that 'If you have not provided all the necessary information or documentation your application will not be covered by the Guarantee'.

Btw, will a copy from UCAS track fit? cause I don't remember my uni sending me one neither via post mail nor email.
Reply 11
Original post by andriukozzas
Hi guys,

I am also an EU student and have already applied for SAAS over a week ago. The question, is should I send copies of my offer letter and passport as soon as possible or only after they ask me to do it? So far in my 'application progress enquiry' section is stated that 'If you have not provided all the necessary information or documentation your application will not be covered by the Guarantee'.

Btw, will a copy from UCAS track fit? cause I don't remember my uni sending me one neither via post mail nor email.

Hi! Mine said exactly the same thing and thats what got me worried so I emailed them. They said that they dont need any further documents from me for tuition fees for now, so I would advise you to wait :smile: though I imagine that if youve worked or studied previously, theyll need some kind of papers to show that.

Hi! Mine said exactly the same thing and thats what got me worried so I emailed them. They said that they dont need any further documents from me for tuition fees for now, so I would advise you to wait :smile: though I imagine that if youve worked or studied previously, theyll need some kind of papers to show that.

Well, so far I haven't. Thanks a lot by the way! :wink:
Reply 13
That's strange, I didn't have to send them anything (I'm a EU student going to Scotland this September). I just registered on their website a few weeks later I received a letter by post saying that they will pay my tuition.
Reply 14
Original post by jakubk
That's strange, I didn't have to send them anything (I'm a EU student going to Scotland this September). I just registered on their website a few weeks later I received a letter by post saying that they will pay my tuition.

Yes, they didnt ask anything from me either. Can I ask when you registered? I get nervous when I have to wait for long :biggrin:
Reply 15
I'm still waiting as well... seeing as its almost 2 weeks past the guarentee date, i'm freaking out. They also haven't responded to my two emails which I sent almost a month ago. I registered like May 27th and sent them the document they wanted on June 15th.
Reply 16
Yes, they didnt ask anything from me either. Can I ask when you registered? I get nervous when I have to wait for long :biggrin:

I registered on 12th April and got a reply on 17th April and received the letter a week after that. I guess it was so quick because I registered sooner than you guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending