The Student Room Group

Job Interview at Frontier Developments

So, I've got a job interview at a Frontier Developments (game company) in Cambridge, something that I've been working towards for a long time but was just wondering about the attire that I should wear. Shall I go casual or formal? I want to make a good impression as I really want to get the job. Anyone ever been to interviews at games companies before that can offer advice and possibly give an in-sight into what the interview entails?
Reply 1
I've never been for an interview at a games company, but always wear formal attire.

:smile:
Reply 2
As a programmer, I always dress casual. Casual is the rule of thumb, but might not be so suitable for business positions...

(Have worked in the games industry, and attended a number of interviews at game developers and related companies.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by vox
As a programmer, I always dress casual. Casual is the rule of thumb, but might not be so suitable for business positions...

(Have worked in the games industry, and attended a number of interviews at game developers and related companies.)

Thanks dude. For which games company do you work?
Reply 4
Original post by TheGreatest21
Thanks dude. For which games company do you work?
I used to work at SCEE, though am about to start at a virtual reality and visualisation company.
Original post by vox
I used to work at SCEE, though am about to start at a virtual reality and visualisation company.

Awesome. Got a portfolio?
Reply 6
Original post by TheGreatest21
Awesome. Got a portfolio?
Yes. I'd be happy to provide critique or advice on that front, if that's what you're looking for. What role did you apply for, anyway?
Reply 7
Don't dress too smart but don't dress like a hobo. That's the advice I've been given. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending