The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for clearing?

On this page:
http://www.ucas.com/students/nextsteps/clearing/facts
The first and second points apply to me. I am thinking of looking at the vacancies for different courses on results day and applying through clearing. On the UCAS website it says:

'If you are eligible for Clearing an 'Add Clearing choice' button will appear on your Track 'choices' screen which you can use to apply for a course.'

However on my track-choices page it says 'You are in extra' and there is an option to 'Add Extra Choice'.

Are these the same thing and am I in clearing? :confused: Thanks :wink:
Clearing isn't open yet, this is why the option hasn't appeared.

You can use Extra to apply for one choice now if you wish. If you don't get in, you'll enter Clearing. You'll need to contact unis before submitting your application to check that they still have places open - don't rely on what Course Search says.
Original post by ChrisJ
On this page:
The first and second points apply to me. I am thinking of looking at the vacancies for different courses on results day and applying through clearing. On the UCAS website it says:

'If you are eligible for Clearing an 'Add Clearing choice' button will appear on your Track 'choices' screen which you can use to apply for a course.'

However on my track-choices page it says 'You are in extra' and there is an option to 'Add Extra Choice'.

I'm curious how you could have received no offers but also declined offers ... but, as Becca-Sarah says, the reason the 'Add Clearing choice' option isn't there is because Clearing hasn't started yet.
Reply 3
Original post by ChrisJ
On this page:

Clearing and Extra are not really the same thing. In clearing Unis put up vacancies of any students that failed to meet their requirements and hence they have more space, in Extra its just space after they have received and replied to all/some to the applications.

Remember that those Unis that are at extra may not be in Clearing and vice versa.
Reply 4
Original post by TheSownRose
I'm curious how you could have received no offers but also declined offers ... but, as Becca-Sarah says, the reason the 'Add Clearing choice' option isn't there is because Clearing hasn't started yet.

Applied for medicine - no offers and declined insurance choice because it was a course I don't want to do any more :redface:

Thanks everyone, feel a bit silly not realizing that but glad I checked
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply