Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be able to stay in your car for a whole day?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it that confortable?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you have to stay in the car all day? why?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    On a day long trip or just for a challenge? I have done car journeys for many hours but I have got out for a walk every few hours. I could stay in for a whole day if I wanted to, it isnt comfortable but its alright, I would want to strech out on the back seat for a bit though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    me and my mates are going france for a few days so will be driving down all the way and onto the ferry but will have to sleep in the car as the hotel is not booked untila day later
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markread45)
    me and my mates are going france for a few days so will be driving down all the way and onto the ferry but will have to sleep in the car as the hotel is not booked untila day later
    How many of you will be there and how big is the car? :erm: It's dangerous to stay seated without any substantial leg movement for such an extend period.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well they did it on Top Gear in a Smart ForFour.

It might not be the comfiest, but it's doable.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine driving as long as you allow yourself to have breaks every so often to stretch your legs, go to the toilet and get something to eat/drink. Sleeping will most likely be uncomfortable, I've only slept in a car once and it was only for a couple of hours and I still found it uncomfortable.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    presumably you can get out and walk around now and again then. won't be the best sleep ever but you won't die
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do! Some days i spend long hours in numerous vehicles as part of my work, you find ways to keep the mind occupied.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    presumably you can get out and walk around now and again then. won't be the best sleep ever but you won't die
    This. Providing you take the appropriate amount of breaks where you walk around for a bit, you'll be fine.

Not exactly my idea of heaven though, mind.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you qualify as spending "all day" in a car. Can you get out at all? I've driven from bristol to prague in a day... I left bristol at like 10 PM, got to france, slept in the car, and then drove to prague, and I got there at 7ish. I basically spent 20 hours in a car, going out only to fill up on diesel and use the toilet. No "stretching my legs" crap.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The longest journey I've had in my car was a 6 hour round trip, with a 1 hour break in between. My arse and back were absolutely killing me by the end of it - I was really surprised how uncomfortable my car was for long trips. It obviously depends on the type of car you're driving though.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    As long as I had something to do to pass the time :sexface:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    As long as I had something to do to pass the time :sexface:
    Travel Connect 4?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markread45)
    Is it that confortable?
    Haha.. as long as I had my laptop (with internet connection) and food it wouldn't bother me where I am!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the car. My Golf really isn't that comfortable, but surprisingly my Morris Minor and my Defender were both far more comfortable. I had a Rover 420 as a courtesy car a little while back and that was really comfy too. I'm tempted to slot some different seats into the Golf to make it more comfy.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    in my auris i reckon i can for some time :'D.......however if i still had my old cayman, no way on this U_U
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, especially if I was the driver. My left knee freezes up if it stays semi-bent and it hurts like a bitch to 'pop' it back to normal. On a regular half-hour drive I probably have to do that twice. Pretty sure my leg would fall off below the knee if I went for much longer than a few hours without stopping for a walk around.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 28, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.