The Student Room Group

gcse results

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by aWildPidgey
GCSEs don't really matter

that is quite an ignorent thing to say seeing as though if you fail your GCSEs you can't do a-levels...
Reply 41
Original post by kaaaaaayx
I'm feeling really anxious like 'gaaaaaaah 23rd come quickly' and I'm really scared for the results :frown: I just know i haven't done well - worked my a*** off but the exams went badly...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Exactly, I worked every night revising and doing coursework and I have a funny feeling thats nothings going to come of it on results day. The exams I think went really badly because I panic too much when I get in there. :frown:
Original post by wolf-pack
that is quite an ignorent thing to say seeing as though if you fail your GCSEs you can't do a-levels...

LOL, don't make yourself look ignorant when calling someone else ignorant. xD
(It's ignorant btw, if you hadn't noticed.)
Reply 43
Original post by QuantumSuicide
LOL, don't make yourself look ignorant when calling someone else ignorant. xD
(It's ignorant btw, if you hadn't noticed.)

I apologize if my spelling was not up to your standard, its only an internet forum so i'm not really too concerned with my grammer... I was just saying that its important to get the right GCSE grades for the subjects you want to do at A-Level, I know they're not that important at university but future employers will still probably look at them.
Reply 44
Original post by InkyOne
I had this, but I told my school a family friend could collect them, and they scanned them into the computer and emailed them to me. Just an idea - but I found it nice compared to the extra wait :smile:

yes that is a good idea! :smile: but then the family friend would have to take my results as the school i want to go to for sixth form needs them lol, so more work for them hehe :tongue:
Reply 45
Thanks everyone kind of made me feel better I suppose. Maybe i'm worrying about nothing but it still comes to me in my mind especially some subjects that im really worried about like art. There sort of little panic moments that come and go is that normal?
Reply 46
I'm in the same boat but just keep reminding yourself that you tried your best and no one can take that away from you. There's nothing more you can do now and there's practically 2 months of summer before results day, enjoy it!
Reply 47
Trust me the wait is faaaar more worse than the actual exams :frown:
I Am so scared...
I wouldn't be so worried if I'd revised a lot, I really need to stop being lazy when it comes to revision, or I'll end up failing my A levels :facepalm:
I'm in Year 10 and I can't help thinking about my results too but I have got to keep reminding my self that I have done my exams and I can't change the outcome but I keep thinking about how my exam papers might be getting marked and graded right at this moment and I'm desperate to get some A*s on the board because I haven't yet earned a full A* GCSE,I have 3 full GCSE Results coming back this August(English Lang and Lit and Core Science),to go with my grade A German and I also have 3 separate unitised exam results coming back(Maths,Geography and RE) and the RE and possibly even English Literature results could decide whether I want to study them at A-Level because I have one space available-I plan on taking Maths,F.Maths and Geography and another subject.At least I'm not worrying as bad as I was this January or last June but I probably will be,when the Exam Results day comes closer-I just hope that none of my results let me down,in all 3 of my exam periods I have always had one really disappointing result.
Reply 50
Original post by InasAhmed
Trust me the wait is faaaar more worse than the actual exams :frown:
I Am so scared...

Im glad theres other people who feel the samre way because I think its a really horrible feeling, don't you think?:frown:
Reply 51
Original post by Kassey01
Im glad theres other people who feel the samre way because I think its a really horrible feeling, don't you think?:frown:

I really is! I just wish results day would just hurry up :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
If only it was this month!
Original post by pop101
Loads of people in the years above us say that GCSEs are just piss easy. I guess it's because they are perceived to be based off learning vast amounts of things rather than talent, compared to A-levels I guess.
Yep, I couldn't agree with you more, worrying about my grades (when I get them in August :eek: ), and when the idea of O-levels being more regarded hits me,
My parents even told me that their A-levels didn't matter that much, grade wise it was low (i.e like BBC to get into University of London) and O-levels didn't mean anything at all. Times are changing I guess. And you're right again, our lives are harder/ gonna get harder. :frown:

Back then there was no A* grade. So that requirement is pretty much equivalent to AAB.
Reply 54
I'm fairly confident so far, just I know I'm going to fail drama and get an E or something (Why, oh why did I pick this awful subject)
All i want is 5 A*-C nothing more, get a B or A, then It's a bonus and more money I guess.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Kassey01

Yes!! :frown:
Reply 56
I'm nervous about my maths grade... No A = no good. Don't get me wrong, this isn't to sound pretentious, but an A is what I've aimed for and unless I get the A grade I'm not going to consider it any good, unless of course I get an A* :tongue: (very slim chance of that).

But as for the rest, I'm not too nervous to be honest.
(edited 11 years ago)
Have any of you guys got any GCSE's already? :smile: (from year 10)

I have 3 already, but i'm extremely nervous to see what i get in the rest :s
Reply 58
Original post by TheMan100
I'm nervous about my maths grade... No A = no good. Don't get me wrong, this isn't to sound pretentious, but an A is what I've aimed for and unless I get the A grade I'm not going to consider it any good, unless of course I get an A* :tongue: (very slim chance of that).

+ive rep because thats how i feel :tongue:
Reply 59
Original post by TheMan100

Exactly the way I've played it so far with all of my grades, saying the whole 'No A = No good' kinda thing. I suppose it gets you in the right mindset, yet I know for some subjects I definitely haven't got the grades I would have liked to have get, but I suppose at the end of the day, a qualification is a qualification!

Quick Reply

Latest