The Student Room Group

student finance help!!!

hi

when I went to university the student finance I use to get over £3500 a year and my tution fee is fully payed.

my friend just finished college and he's applying for student finance, but they're only given him £1937 a year and his tution fee will not be payed £0

the tution fee is £8500

I was wondering what is the reason for this, he is not from the uk but he is allowed to settle here, but i don't think thats the problem because I'm not from the uk aswell.

his parents earn less than £15,000 a year

is there any changes in the law or is it for another reason.

thankyou
Reply 1
Original post by abdul58
hi

when I went to university the student finance I use to get over £3500 a year and my tution fee is fully payed.

my friend just finished college and he's applying for student finance, but they're only given him £1937 a year and his tution fee will not be payed £0

the tution fee is £8500

I was wondering what is the reason for this, he is not from the uk but he is allowed to settle here, but i don't think thats the problem because I'm not from the uk aswell.

his parents earn less than £15,000 a year

is there any changes in the law or is it for another reason.

thankyou

Assessments are individual to the person ... there may be all sorts of factors regarding your friend that you are not fully aware of
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
Assessments are individual to the person ... there may be all sorts of factors regarding your friend that you are not fully aware of

I know that but I've helped him fill in his account details and there isn't much difference between mine and his
What course is he doing? is it part time? how old is he?
Reply 4
Original post by AverageExcellence
What course is he doing? is it part time? how old is he?

he is doing a BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science, full time with a placment year and he is 18 years old
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by abdul58
he is doing a BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science, full time with a placment year and he is 18 years old

Maybe a lot of your grants came from the actual university you went to and his university doesnt offer the same perks?

Quick Reply

Latest