The Student Room Group

Dentistry!!! What A level subject is best to take?

Hey :smile:

I am going into year 12 this september and currently have choose to study:
chemistry
biology
history
physics
general studies (compulsary)
extended project (compulsary)

My problem is im not surre whether to take physics or english lit. If i take physics i think three sciences will be difficult. However if i do english lit then having two humanities might be seen as i cant make my mind up between science and humaities.

So can any dental hopefuls or dental students advise me on which to take. Thanks
Reply 1
In my opinion I would take physics because 2 sciences and 2 humanities would mean a lot more work where as i find the sciences seem to fit together better if that makes sense :smile: I took chem bio history and english this year which i found really difficult! If youre still unsure maybe you could email a university for advice? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jada897
In my opinion I would take physics because 2 sciences and 2 humanities would mean a lot more work where as i find the sciences seem to fit together better if that makes sense :smile: I took chem bio history and english this year which i found really difficult! If youre still unsure maybe you could email a university for advice? :smile:

3 Sciences is no walk in the park though; I took Maths, Chemistry and Biology in my AS year and found it very difficult to manage time between all three. Saying this, however, I would probably suggest Maths or Physics instead of History/English, as I imagine it would look better to unis
Reply 3
Original post by emmaarr
3 Sciences is no walk in the park though; I took Maths, Chemistry and Biology in my AS year and found it very difficult to manage time between all three. Saying this, however, I would probably suggest Maths or Physics instead of History/English, as I imagine it would look better to unis

I know im not saying its easier but they both need quite different skills and ive found that quite challenging this year :/ only giving my opinion :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jada897
I know im not saying its easier but they both need quite different skills and ive found that quite challenging this year :/ only giving my opinion :smile:

Fair enough. I suppose because I took psychology, which is quite different (skill etc. wise), that I saw it as almost a 'break' from the sciences. Suppose it's what you prefer/find easier

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest