The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Just says Advanced level
Your subjects and the overall grade next to it
No UMS marks
No modules
Reply 2
After A2 exams you get the certificate which shows your overall grade [AS + A2]. Individual AS grades are NOT documented on your final A Level certificate. You actually get an AS certificate...

AS certificates show your AS grades in a given subject.

Certificates do NOT show UMS marks. So 300/300 and 240/300 will both appear to be the same on a certificate.
Reply 3
Doughboy
After A2 exams you get the certificate which shows your overall grade [AS + A2]. Individual AS grades are NOT documented on your final A Level certificate. You actually get an AS certificate...

Certificates do NOT show UMS marks. So 300/300 and 240/300 will both appear to be the same on a certificate.

Ah right! So is there any point in keeping the AS certificates then? lol
Why would you need an AS certificate for a subject you took to A2 level?
Reply 5
I got certificates at the end of my AS year!
Reply 6
Why not keep your AS certificate? That's not really a big hassle to keep lol.

Unless, you aren't pleased with your AS results.
Doughboy
Why not keep your AS certificate? That's not really a big hassle to keep lol.

Unless, you aren't pleased with your AS results.

what if i did all the modules at once, i mean AS and A2? Would they give me an AS certificate?
Reply 8
Probably just an A2 certificate. You get grades based on what 'qualifications' you fulfill. You get AS certificates at the end of the AS year because your units can be combined in such a way to give you an AS grade in a given subject.

I'm guessing that since you have a full A Level combination for your subjects you will be eligible for a single A Level certificate.
Reply 9
What exactly does a single A level certificate look like?? is it both a level and as level results on the same page???
Reply 10
5011832.jpg

Is this what a single A level certificate looks like? A level and AS level individual results???
Original post by jengirl
5011832.jpg

Is this what a single A level certificate looks like? A level and AS level individual results???

on alevel certifcate, you get the full A2 result if ur giving it all together...
otherwise, you get an AS level certificate first , then A2 certificate later. A2 certificate contains final (full course) marks...

it looks similar to the o level (gcse) format
Reply 12
oh so is that certificate fine then? Whats more common? to have an AS certificate, then an A2 certificate.... or just all together like the one above?
Reply 13
does anyone have a pic of theirs?
Reply 14
Original post by jengirl
oh so is that certificate fine then? Whats more common? to have an AS certificate, then an A2 certificate.... or just all together like the one above?

It depends on your school policy. Never getting an AS certificate if you were doing the full A level, or getting both AS and A level on one certificate used, to be normal. Now funding rules now mean that state schools have to cash-in ASs in Year 12 so you are likely to get AS certificates for everything after Year 12 and then A level certificates after Year 13 (maybe plus new AS grades if you re-sat AS units.)

The certificates never show the marks, only the grades.
Reply 15
Original post by jengirl
What exactly does a single A level certificate look like?? is it both a level and as level results on the same page???

Original post by jengirl
5011832.jpg

I think that is right, your A-level certificate will show both.
Original post by YoungHef
I think that is right, your A-level certificate will show both.

I'd like to think that, as the posting was several months ago, this was sorted out a while ago :P
Let’s say you did not continue with a subject to A level does the As mark show on your statement of results
Original post by Doughboy

Let’s say you don’t continue with the subject in A2 does it show on your statement of results

Latest