The Student Room Group

University

Can I still apply to a Russell Group University such as Manchester, with only doing 3 AS subjects? Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by JamieGriffin
Can I still apply to a Russell Group University such as Manchester, with only doing 3 AS subjects? Thanks

Only if you take all three on to A2, I'd imagine. I doubt you'd get anywhere if you dropped an AS like most students.
Reply 2
Barely any uni asks for 4AS from what I can tell, it can give you a slight edge but from what I've looked at it doesn't seem to matter. Having 3 strong A2s by the end is better than 3 reasonable ones and an AS.
Reply 3
Original post by Architecture-er
Only if you take all three on to A2, I'd imagine. I doubt you'd get anywhere if you dropped an AS like most students.

Yes, I will be taking them all at A2 as well :smile: thanks for your reply

Reply 4
yes you can, i do 3 as well because i dropped maths in jan and it was too late to switch by then but i'll be doing AS art next year just in case i apply to a points based uni.
Original post by Architecture-er

Most people that only take three AS's don't drop one. I only took three subjects at AS, but I kept them all for A2, as did every other 'three AS' person I know.
Original post by JamieGriffin
Yes, I will be taking them all at A2 as well :smile: thanks for your reply

No problem :wink:
Original post by TheSownRose
Most people that only take three AS's don't drop one. I only took three subjects at AS, but I kept them all for A2, as did every other 'three AS' person I know.

Well since that was the only possible way the universities would judge him unfavourably, it was important to cover that option :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest