The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8720
Original post by The Lyceum
What was up with the guy running about in a cape earlier?

Also, I came out of the Bod just now to find that they were shutting all the external doors. What the hell?

It's on holiday hours now - I think it shuts at 7pm.

I was disconcerted going in a couple of days ago to find all the books in the LRR had been moved around to take up the journals' space, and they hadn't changed the signs yet. Cue confusion and looking a little stupid wandering around in a meandering circle...
Original post by EdmundB
Cue confusion and looking a little stupid wandering around in a meandering circle...

Sadly, that pretty much perfectly described me when I accidentally went into Tesco instead of Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I mean the small (but bigger than tiny Sainsbury's) Magdelen St one. It's so confusing when things aren't where you think they'll be!
Reply 8722
Open days are so fun! I have spent the last two days standing outside Merton hustling open day visitors in. :h:

Home tomorrow though. :frown:
Original post by HoVis
If anyone else needs to transfer their Oxford mail to gmail, here are the details needed to set up import:

http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/email/pop.xml

Success!!!

I've got as far as downloading all my nexus mail into thunderbird, but I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next. Is there a way of transferring it all into my hotmail account? Once my nexus expires on 1st July will I lose everything in thunderbird?

I don't entirely understand what thunderbird does or is used for, as you may be able to tell... I get the impression that you've sussed it, so any help would be appreciated!
Reply 8724
Original post by tabbycat1
I've got as far as downloading all my nexus mail into thunderbird, but I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next. Is there a way of transferring it all into my hotmail account? Once my nexus expires on 1st July will I lose everything in thunderbird?

I don't entirely understand what thunderbird does or is used for, as you may be able to tell... I get the impression that you've sussed it, so any help would be appreciated!

I hope this isn't too late to be of help - I've been a bit busy over the past few days. :smile:

As far as I can tell, 'Thunderbird' is kind of like 'Outlook Express', in that it is an email programme that you download in order to access and organise emails - unlike hotmail, which is a remote-access webpage. If you've managed to download your nexus emails into thunderbird, you can then save them directly to your hard-drive. To do this you go 'View settings for this account' and then click 'synchronisation and storage'. There should then be a tick-box that allows you to instruct Thunderbird to save a copy to your computer (it was automatically ticked on mine; it probably will be on yours too).

I haven't figured out how to transfer it all to my hotmail or gmail account (I did managed to export all my received mail to gmail, but not my sentbox), although for me this wasn't really the issue - I just wanted to make sure I had records of all the emails I'd sent and received over the past three years. I'm a historian and obsessed with archives, I fear! :tongue: So I'm afraid I can't help you there. Possibly, however, you could synch your hotmail account with Thunderbird (the same way you synched your nexus account) so then you've got everything all in one space, so to speak?

I am a completely un-computery person, so anyone who does have technical knowledge, please forgive my lay-person's attempt at figuring this out! :smile:
Just got my mods results. Not a first or anything, but loads better than I expected! :woo:

Can't even say how relieved I am. Good luck to the rest of you waiting for results!
Original post by LtCommanderData
Just got my mods results. Not a first or anything, but loads better than I expected! :woo:

Can't even say how relieved I am. Good luck to the rest of you waiting for results!

PRSOM. Well done, you! :awesome: :party: :danceboy: :ymca: :banana: :dance: :cool: :yeah: :woo: :awesome:

PRSOM too. They must have long memories, I'm pretty stingy with my repping :biggrin:
Reply 8728

Well done! :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
PRSOM. Well done, you! :awesome: :party: :danceboy: :ymca: :banana: :dance: :cool: :yeah: :woo: :awesome:

Original post by shoshin
PRSOM too. They must have long memories, I'm pretty stingy with my repping :biggrin:

Original post by Fallen
Well done! :smile:

Cheers, guys! :biggrin:

Also, Fallen, the reason I didn't say hi to you in that lecture when I said I'd say hi to you was because I missed it due to oversleeping :tongue:
Reply 8730
Cheers, guys! :biggrin:

Also, Fallen, the reason I didn't say hi to you in that lecture when I said I'd say hi to you was because I missed it due to oversleeping :tongue:

If I remember correctly, I did the same! Such commitment we show...
Original post by Fallen
If I remember correctly, I did the same! Such commitment we show...

Haha, OK, good. I feel slightly less guilty about it now :tongue:

Well done!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 8733
Maths and MathsCompSci have already had results (and I have four friends with really good firsts out of the six mathmos I'm good friends with), damn you MathPhil. Also damn my lack of work meaning I'll definitely not get a first. Ah well.
Original post by dbmag9
Maths and MathsCompSci have already had results (and I have four friends with really good firsts out of the six mathmos I'm good friends with), damn you MathPhil. Also damn my lack of work meaning I'll definitely not get a first. Ah well.

I ended up missing a first by 8 marks, partly due to lack of work :redface: My lab partner goes to Merton (you may know him), he came top in the year so I was never going to live up to that! :smile: Good luck with your results, I'm sure you've done really well :smile:
Hope everyone is making the most of their summer. I am 2 days into term already, in case you need a reminder that you never get as much free time ever again :wink:
I never realised how much of a relief seeing 'Second Class Division One' would be. Huzzah.

Probably better get the job hunt well underway now.. lacking excuses like 'my CV isn't up to date with my classification'
Original post by pinkpenguin
I never realised how much of a relief seeing 'Second Class Division One' would be. Huzzah.

Probably better get the job hunt well underway now.. lacking excuses like 'my CV isn't up to date with my classification'

HUGE congrats :awesome: :woo: :danceboy: :yay: :party: :congrats: :dance: :awesome:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
HUGE congrats :awesome: :woo: :danceboy: :yay: :party: :congrats: :dance: :awesome:

Thaaaaaaaaaanks. Well and truly closure on the Oxford thing though, which is sad. Nice to be out of limbo though :smile:
Reply 8739
I have a 2:1 degree. Yay!

Congrats to everybody else!

Latest

Trending

Trending