The Student Room Group

No makeup is arrogant?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165732/Holly-Willoughby-Betraying-women-going-barefaced-Says-Liz-Jones-says-real-feminists-trowel-make-up.html

How can people say that makeup is natural?

:frown:.. it's to hide blemishes but it's not natural.

Makeup is too look good but you can't deny your self and your real beauty as that's really what counts.

What do you people on the makeup thread think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That article is by Liz Jones. I wouldn't take it seriously.
make-up no make-up whatever! As long as you're happy with the way you are :smile:

I love the big capitalised "BETRAYED". Nice one Daily Mail...
Well, they have to write about something :frown:
Reply 3
nsis
Original post by hannahchan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165732/Holly-Willoughby-Betraying-women-going-barefaced-Says-Liz-Jones-says-real-feminists-trowel-make-up.html

How can people say that makeup is natural?

:frown:.. it's to hide blemishes but it's not natural.

Makeup is too look good but you can't deny your self and your real beauty as that's really what counts.

What do you people on the makeup thread think?

If you're naturally physically ugly:

*If you don't wear make-up, you look ugly (because you're not wearing anything).
*If you do wear make-up, then you'll have men saying they prefer "natural beauty".

But without make-up you look ugly. With make-up, they still don't like you because you're not natural.

Ugly women can't win, can they?
Reply 5
What a retarded article. After looking at Liz Jones' no-makeup picture, it's not hard to tell why she is so upset about people looking natural.
After I read 'Liz Jones' I stopped tbh - she's the one who's had a face lift that makes her look permanently stunned. She's just horrified and confused that any woman might actually be comfortable without make up or a face lift.
Reply 8
Original post by im so academic

*If you don't wear make-up, you look ugly (because you're not wearing anything).
*If you do wear make-up, then you'll have men saying they prefer "natural beauty".

But without make-up you look ugly. With make-up, they still don't like you because you're not natural.

Excuse me? It's nothing to do with ugly women.
Reply 9
Liz Jones epitomises everything I hate about the Daily Heil.
Reply 10
Wearing make up can be seen as expressing yourself and making the most of what you've got in life by highlighting the good parts and covering the flaws. While not wearing make up can be seen as embracing being natural and being yourself. Either way, everyone is different and has different opinions and there are no wrong answers. Except for those sheep who style their make up like those off of the only way is Essex, that is wrong. ;D
Reply 11
Original post by im so academic

Not really sure which side you're arguing for because I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :confused:
Nevertheless, if you're naturally not 'good looking', then there are MANY other traits you can take advantage of, personality being a main one.
There are many many men who are naturally 'ugly' (would rather not use that word, but oh well) who cannot benefit from the wonders of make up, so this isn't as big of a deal as it's made out to be.
Although I am probably not taking into consideration the media when it comes to make up and women. This is not an issue with males.
Reply 12
Maybe I am mad, but she (Holly) still looks pretty good without makeup.
I don't wear make up. It's not particularly because I think I'm some beauty, it's more that I tend towards a) really can't be arsed to put in the effort and b) horrible skin reactions to many, many things so I'm not that keen to try them on my face.
That's because Holly Willoughby looks beautiful without make-up. Liz Jones without make-up looks a bit like this -

- and in Liz Jones Land, no woman is allowed to look prettier than her.
Reply 15
Original post by madders94
That's because Holly Willoughby looks beautiful without make-up. Liz Jones without make-up looks a bit like this -

Hey, don't insult the beautiful picture on the right :angry: :mad:
Reply 16
It's not arrogance but it's annoying when girls bang on about how they don't wear makeup, jump off your high horse.
Original post by Pinkhead
Hey, don't insult the beautiful picture on the right :angry: :mad:

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by madders94

Original post by Pinkhead
Not really sure which side you're arguing for because I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :confused:
Nevertheless, if you're naturally not 'good looking', then there are MANY other traits you can take advantage of, personality being a main one.
There are many many men who are naturally 'ugly' (would rather not use that word, but oh well) who cannot benefit from the wonders of make up, so this isn't as big of a deal as it's made out to be.
Although I am probably not taking into consideration the media when it comes to make up and women. This is not an issue with males.

Oh really? Yes, an ugly women with a personality is better than a beautiful woman with a personality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending