The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I remember CBBC when it was Andy Crane in the Broom Cupboard :smile:

This was sent from TSR's iPhone app, as I couldn't be arsed to turn on the laptop.
The Story of Tracey Beaker! I loved that show, so much nostalgia! :smile:
Reply 22
oh god this is really taking me back! Anyone remember stupid and the DEVIL FINGERRRR or YOUR FACE GRAHAM!

Ace lightning
bamzooki
stitch up
the ghost hunter used to terrify me!

those S Club 7 programmes were so cringy! the acting was terrible
(edited 11 years ago)
Jeopardy, that was amazing.
Reply 24
Original post by Jessica_94
it has to be bernards watch!

Wasn't that ITV?
Original post by Dalek1099
Bear Behaving Badly,M.I.High,Sarah Jane Adventures and Me and My Monsters.

Hahaha, your childhood TV has been dire.
Reply 25
Original post by foodnom
oh god this is really taking me back! Anyone remember stupid and the DEVIL FINGERRRR or YOUR FACE GRAHAM!

Ace lightning
bamzooki
cant remember but the one where they pulled pranks in public?

those S Club 7 programmes were so cringy! the acting was terrible

Ace lightning was way too epic.

Pretty much every show with the exception of Dick and Dom / Bamzooki / Basil brush. I hated those 3 shows.

Kerching, arthur, mona the vampire. wild thornberries, 50/50 etc..

Jackie chan adventures, though not on CBBC was one of my favourite cartoons!
Does anyone also miss Raven? _42361348_raven.jpg
Original post by CLS94
I swear they still have most of those? My younger brother seems to watch the last three all too often (although I did hear the sad news a few months back of the actress who played Sarah Jane dying :frown: )

They show repeats of them all the time-M.I.High was axed cruelly last year, along with Sarah Jane Adventures,which was more understandable because the actress of Sarah Jane had died and Me and My Monsters doesn't look like it is going to have another series and Bear Behaving Badly finished in 2010-I have got into from watching the repeats but it is horrible to think that they will soon run out and then I will never be able to see another episode of the show again-the actor of Mr.Prank is so good.
Reply 28
Original post by SecretDuck

that used to be my favourite
everyone at school used to say 'you have lost a feather' in a scottish accent :colone:
Reply 29
I was nearly in my teens when some of the shows you lot are mentioning were on! The good old days of CBBC were back in 1997-2002, with Otis the Aardvark and before they turned it into a channel.
The best shows were obviously Byker Grove and Grange Hill, and Live and Kicking! Also The Queen's Nose.
(edited 11 years ago)
Watch My Chops and Fairly Odd Parents! I think they were CBBC anyway.

I'm probably being a bit nit-picky, but the reason the programmes have gone 'downhill' might be because you're not 8 anymore, and the shows aren't aimed at you, so you're clearly not going to enjoy it as much - not that the programmes have got worse.
Original post by SecretDuck

Ah Raven was epic!

It's odd how recent some of the shows that have been mentioned are, make me feel pure old!
Reply 32
Shoebox Zoo..
Second season went a bit...off...but I remember crying when Wolfgang died.
The Demon Headmaster, loved that show when I was younger, also would like to see the Animals of Farthing Wood come back on TV, not sure if it was shown on the BBC but it was great.

Also does anyone remember watching Charlie Chalk, I know it may not have been CBBC, however it was really random.
(edited 11 years ago)
ARTHUR :ahee:
Reply 35
The old Blue Peter with Konnie Huq, Liz Barker, Matt Baker and Simon Thomas before it became all chavvy :frown:

Watch My Chops :biggrin:

Bamzooki

El Nombre

Postman Pat (the original one without all the silly political correctness and the helicopter)

Raven :colondollar:

Smile

Tales of the Riverbank

Might add more later :tongue:

EDIT: Those S Club 7 shows :yep:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
50/50 was so good in the days of Sally and then Angelica. All downhill with Sophie I'm afraid. Best of Friends was also brilliant and hilarious. Except for some of the excruciatingly annoying kids who cried when they didn't win. Some of the tasks were actually quite hard on that :eek:

Am I the only one who remembers something called 'Against all odds' when they re-counted some horrendous accidents and incidents? Pretty heavy stuff considering the ages of people watching. Oh and a magazine show that I think was every Thursday with Ortis. WHAT WAS IT CALLED?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Aquila :cool:
Reply 38
Original post by Leelad
50/50 was so good in the days of Sally and then Angelica. All downhill with Sophie I'm afraid. Best of Friends was also brilliant and hilarious. Except for some of the excruciatingly annoying kids who cried when they didn't win. Some of the tasks were actually quite hard on that :eek:

Am I the only one who remembers something called 'Against all odds' when they re-counted some horrendous accidents and incidents? Pretty heavy stuff considering the ages of people watching. Oh and a magazine show that I think was every Thursday with Ortis. WHAT WAS IT CALLED?!

Otis.

Short change?
Original post by Mazzini
The old Blue Peter with Konnie Huq, Liz Barker, Matt Baker and Simon Thomas before it became all chavvy :frown:

Blue Peter Dream Team!

I remember, Raven, Get Your Own Back, 50/50, Home Farm Twins, Arthur, Oaky Doke (as a younger child), The Wild House, The Really Wild Show, Around The Twist, Bodger and Badger, those shows where they went the the forest, ocean, desert, and some dance competition where they did irish dancing, hip hop, bangra etc.

And that strange comic book type program on ITV that had doors with different characters that opened, Zzzap?. Art Attack!

I hated Jeopardy, The Ghost Hunter, The Cramp Twins, Woody the Woodpecker, The Fairly Odd Parents and Dick and Dom.

Latest