The Student Room Group

Question about UCAS (EU student)

Hi everyone,

I didn't manage to find an answer to my question, so I'm starting a new thread - I hope it's not a problem and also that this is the right forum for it.

So I'll be applying to UK unis this year (UCAS 2013), but I've already completed secondary education. I've registered on UCAS and started entering all my details. My problem is that I finished school this year (2012), but will be taking some additional qualifications next year specifically to boost my UK application.

However, I can't put 2013 as the date of the extra exams on UCAS, because I finished school in 2012. I can't say I'm finishing school in 2013, because it's not true, I'd be taking the additional exams as an individual. So does anyone have any idea as to what I should do? One uni I'll be applying to told me it would all be fine, but it wouldn't be enough to include the extra exams in my reference, they'd have to be on UCAS, too, understandably. I can't say I was home-schooled for a year, either, and there is no other school under which I could enter my extra exams.

I wanted to contact UCAS, but apparently they don't have an email address for questions (do they?) and I'm trying to avoid phoning them up, so I thought I might as well ask here. Thank you!

tl;dr - Is it possible to enter a qualification for 2013 if I finished school in 2012? I got an error message saying 'You can only select a qualification date that is within the attendance dates.'
Reply 1
You put down the exam centre you're taking the exam at, with attendance as "part time" for the duration of the exams. Unis know what this means, but you may want to get your referee to explain in your reference anyway. That would only need to be a short sentence so doesn't need to take up lots of room!
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You put down the exam centre you're taking the exam at, with attendance as "part time" for the duration of the exams. Unis know what this means, but you may want to get your referee to explain in your reference anyway. That would only need to be a short sentence so doesn't need to take up lots of room!

Thank you. I tried doing this, but apparently you can't include the same qualification twice (under two schools/centres). It simply isn't listed again once I've selected it, the same goes for IELTS, not that I plan on doing that again, I only checked.
Now I think my only option is to click 'other', type in the name of my qualification and hope universities won't be too confused. :confused: (Mine is quite an uncommon qualification, so I'm already listing subjects as modules/units.)

If you have any other useful advice, I'd appreciate it. :smile:
Reply 3
Sorry if I am being stupid/missed something. But surely UCAS is hot open for 2013 entry yet. Its only 2012 entry and therefore you can't put in qualifications that will.be finished after you start?.

As I say I may be talking rubbish

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App
Reply 4
Original post by lorri94
Sorry if I am being stupid/missed something. But surely UCAS is hot open for 2013 entry yet. Its only 2012 entry and therefore you can't put in qualifications that will.be finished after you start?.

As I say I may be talking rubbish

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App

It is open actually. :smile: And the error message I got specifically said the problem was with the attendance dates.
Reply 5
Original post by bíborcsiga
It is open actually. :smile: And the error message I got specifically said the problem was with the attendance dates.

Ahh okay. Thought I must have been missing something :smile: sorry I cant be any help. Hope you get it sorted soon :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i

Quick Reply

Latest