The Student Room Group

I've only ever been physically attracted to white girls, a problem?

Is this weird considering my parents are Bangladeshi. I was born and raised in England myself so excluding things like drinking, clubbing & going to the pub I act more English then Asian lol. In a few years I'm fairly sure my parents will try to get me an arranged marriage but I only find white/(slightly tanned at a stretch) girls attractive tbh. They're religious btw while I'm still confused. Basically I don't know how my life is gonna plan out so any help would be much appreciated :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I sorta sympathise. I'm Asian, and I've never ever been attracted to a south Asian guy. Somewhat ironically I've found men from a variety of different races attractive but never from my own. Now, I don't think it's impossible for me to be attracted to them, but I just haven't been.
Now, I've only been raised by my mother and she's not that religious compared to most Asian people's parents. And she's very anti-arranged marriage so she wouldn't make me do that either. She's also not opposed to the idea of me being with a white guy, but there's a problem in the one thing she's very strict in me having any relationships before marriage o.o So the chances of me falling in love with a non-Asian dude whilst sticking to her rules are somewhat slim.
So I may end up with some Asian guy and I'm sort of worried in that respect...
I just know how you feel about the whole 'not knowing where your life is going to go' thing...
To be honest when I start university I have a feeling I'm gonna break some of her relationship rules anyway.
Hope it all turns out okay :/ sorry I've not really helped at all.

Eep, please explain why this was neg-worthy :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
It's your life, made decisions for yourself, not by your parents. If you move away, what can they do ?
As a white fellow that's currently entwined with an African girl- I can honestly say I prefer females of a darker persuasion. However, to say you're not attracted to another person of a specific skin tone is utterly ridiculous.
Original post by TheBallWinner
However, to say you're not attracted to another person of a specific skin tone is utterly ridiculous.

No it's not :lolwut:

I'm not attracted to anyone other than white girls due to the fact that I find pale girls hella attractive. How is skin tone preference ridiculous? You're ridiculous :h:
Original post by Drunk Punx
No it's not :lolwut:

I'm not attracted to anyone other than white girls due to the fact that I find pale girls hella attractive. How is skin tone preference ridiculous? You're ridiculous :h:

Please don't call me ridiculous, friend.

Are you telling me you don't find anyone who's got dark skin attractive? Seriously?
Reply 6
No, it's just a preference :smile: I wouldnt completely cast Asian girls to the side though; for all you know you may be attracted to one in the future. I, myself, wouldn't specifically set out to find a partner of a particular skin colour though. If I fall in love, then I fall in love. Skin colour doesn't matter :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Please don't call me ridiculous, friend.

Are you telling me you don't find anyone who's got dark skin attractive? Seriously?

Yes ****ing seriously, why would I bother saying it otherwise? :lolwut:

I don't find dark skin attractive. I don't know why I don't, I just don't, in the same way that I'm not attracted to feet or corpses (and before anyone says it; no, I'm not equating necrophilia with having dark skin. Only on TSR do I need to spell that out ¬__¬ ).

As stated previously, it comes down to a matter of personal preference, and my personal preference is pale skin. Why do you find that so hard to understand?
Original post by Drunk Punx
Yes ****ing seriously, why would I bother saying it otherwise? :lolwut:

I don't find dark skin attractive. I don't know why I don't, I just don't, in the same way that I'm not attracted to feet or corpses (and before anyone says it; no, I'm not equating necrophilia with having dark skin. Only on TSR do I need to spell that out ¬__¬ ).

As stated previously, it comes down to a matter of personal preference, and my personal preference is pale skin. Why do you find that so hard to understand?

Why on earth are you swearing?

Personal preference is me dating only dark girls with thick bodies. But when a blonde chick starts flirting with me I don't hesitate sleeping with her.

I think it's a mental thing for you, mate. Not sure.
Reply 9
Racial preferences are seen as just preferences.... m'kay fair enough.

Body type preferences are seen as "OMGWTFBBQ SO SHALLOW :angry: :angry: :angry:"

Explain the difference? :smug:
Reply 10
I don't think there's anything wrong about being attracted to a particular skin tone...as long as you don't use a particular skin colour against them in anyway,for example you can still be friends and get along with all people but you just might not find them attractive.
However, to say you're not attracted to another person of a specific skin tone is utterly ridiculous.

Why? People aren't allowed to have natural preferences for physical features now? I've personally never been attracted to anyone fat - ever. Seems entirely possible to have a clear preference to me. I've also never been attracted to dogs, or clouds, or garden tools.

Human sexual preferences come in many forms. Coming across one you don't like and claiming it's 'ridiculous' is the same kind of completely unnecessary judgement that sets back causes like gay rights.
Reply 12
Its not a problem to have a racial preference. Im an Oriental guy and I have always liked white girls. But finding a white girl who likes Oriental guys is like getting blood out of a stone. :frown:
Original post by Mr Smurf
Its not a problem to have a racial preference. Im an Oriental guy and I have always liked white girls. But finding a white girl who likes Oriental guys is like getting blood out of a stone. :frown:

Find some emo chicks. They love j-rock so they love Asian guys.
Reply 14
Oh God it's Mr Smurf

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 15
Original post by Multitalented me
Is this weird considering my parents are Bangladeshi. I was born and raised in England myself so excluding things like drinking, clubbing & going to the pub I act more English then Asian lol. In a few years I'm fairly sure my parents will try to get me an arranged marriage but I've only find white girls attractive tbh. They're religious btw while I'm still confused. Basically I don't know how my life is gonna plan out so any help would be much appreciated :smile:

I don't think it's weird; I'm sure there are plenty of other people out there just like yourself. I'm British-Indian and I don't usually find myself attracted to British-Indian guys.
Reply 16
You need to see more girls mate. Go out and look. There are loads of hot girls of different races.
When I was say 13-16 about the only girls I had really seen and talked to were wasps so I had only been attracted to wasps.

After meeting more girls, turns out I want to mount girls of all creeds.

This is part of the reason I don't take people seriously when they proclaim to know what they like, because they have probably not experienced other things.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Don't see why this was negged- she's only stating her personal preference.

Original post by miss_p
I don't think it's weird; I'm sure there are plenty of other people out there just like yourself. I'm British-Indian and I don't usually find myself attracted to British-Indian guys.
Reply 19
Original post by RolyBholi
Don't see why this was negged- she's only stating her personal preference.

Yes I agree, lets call the police.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending