The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey sexy Asians of the Bengali variety ....how's it going?
Ami tomake bhalobashi bondhus :smile:
I am assuming this Bhai is Bengali. Edit: YEah he is Bengali, played his Chune at the Boyshaki Melah.

Repping The Fishes !

(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone know any good Bengali remixes? Other than Lal Miah, Dulal & Pollob?

(Feel sad that Bengali's are the only ones left without any good music other than the "old school" stuff)
Original post by Politricks
Please step into my marriage sack, ma'am.

Ummm I'm ok thanks :yy:
Original post by brownchocolateice
I'm aight thx for asking. It was still harsh mate. Asian guys should be able to share friendly attention and admiration without people thinking it's wrong. I'm just sensitive and he could have just said ure not my type
Haha lol

Lmao no one said it was wrong, you're just over sensitive. It's the internet, you should expect to be offended, just ignore it/ grow thicker skin. Anyway forget it! :biggrin:
Dear Bangladeshi Friends,

I need your sincere opinion on the selection of university in UK. I have two offers:
1. Uni of Surrey---MSc in Economics
2. Uni of Birmingham---MSc in Development Economics.

I am a Civil Servant and working for the Ministry of Finance. Actually from Audit & Accounts Cadre. I will be sponsored from my government. Tuition fees and same amount of Living expense for the both of the universities will be provided by our Sponsor.
I have a plan for Phd in the field of economics in the near future.

Now, considering the above given facts and the other facts (living expense, uni reputation, student life, accommodation, future career etc.) please suggest me which one should I choose...???
Thank u in advance.
Reply 8366
Original post by mahbub1876
Dear Bangladeshi Friends,

I need your sincere opinion on the selection of university in UK. I have two offers:
1. Uni of Surrey---MSc in Economics
2. Uni of Birmingham---MSc in Development Economics.

I am a Civil Servant and working for the Ministry of Finance. Actually from Audit & Accounts Cadre. I will be sponsored from my government. Tuition fees and same amount of Living expense for the both of the universities will be provided by our Sponsor.
I have a plan for Phd in the field of economics in the near future.

Now, considering the above given facts and the other facts (living expense, uni reputation, student life, accommodation, future career etc.) please suggest me which one should I choose...???
Thank u in advance.

Hmm, it's a tough decision. I would say both universities are on par with each other with not very much separating them. I think you should weight which course you think you would be more suited to or more interested in first. As the Msc in Economics will surely have a different focus than the Msc in Development Economics, so as a starting point I think it would be best to decide which of the two you are more interested in and which would be more relevant for the PhD you plan on undertaking.

Academic concerns aside, you may wish to consider that Birmingham is one of the largest cities in the UK (2nd largest even), so you'll definitely get that big city feel. In some ways it'll feel like a home away from home as I'm sure there is a significant minority of Bengalis in B'ham as well as of course Pakistanis and Indians. On the other hand, relatively speaking Surrey will definitely have a smaller, less of a 'big city' feel to it.

So yes, I'd say the course content and difference in location should be the main things you should look at given that overall the two universities have little to separate them academically.

I hope this helps!

DISCLAIMER: The above is just my opinion and others may disagree.
It's a bit quiet in here, how is everybody?
Original post by Iqbal007
:bird:

Why am i the crazy one?

Original post by Iqbal007
:frown: I want some please

And lol you still want some?
Original post by DontJudge
Oyoy, watagwaanin over here...seems like both you chirpsing with each other :hubba:
And you got lot in common!
Iqbaal you’ve found your sensitive soul mate :ahee:

Shutup kutha :mad:
I’m not ‘important’ to you, that’s why you forgot, despite all the help I’ve been giving :cry2:
You can do1 now; I ain’t gonna reply to any of your messages. :eviltongue:

Where have you been girl?!
We need to catch up :gfight:

Na na, don’t listen to zxdude, I weren’t revising for any exams :rofl:
Manz been busy selling drugs inneh. :gangster:
So wasapning lil ‘un, when you gonna become president of bangladesh man, i’m bored of Khalida. :sad:

And lol look at this vid, it was soo made for me :u:

Spoiler

Girl you wanna come to my hotel, baby I will leave you my room key.
I`m feeling the way you carry yourself girl.
And I wanna get with you cos you’re a cutie.
So if you wanna come to my hotel, all you gotta do is holler at me.
Cos we’re having an after party, checking out 6 in the morning. :hubba:

Hi, i’m the lesbian of this thread :smile: And I think you’re fit as duck. :perv:

Well both of you lot can't join i'm afraid. Since you have an iPhone.
We don't do rich bengis :naughty:

Why have you gotten yourself banned again? And sorry for being away, I had exams and i had to cut down on distractions :frown: how did yours go? Hahaa yup we deffo need a catch up!! :colondollar:
Original post by LittleShootingStar*
Why am i the crazy one?

And lol you still want some?

:colonhash: look whose back after this long, look i got green gems now instead of red ones :biggrin:

things have changed :cool:

Yes I still do :redface:
Original post by zxh800
Hmm, it's a tough decision. I would say both universities are on par with each other with not very much separating them. I think you should weight which course you think you would be more suited to or more interested in first. As the Msc in Economics will surely have a different focus than the Msc in Development Economics, so as a starting point I think it would be best to decide which of the two you are more interested in and which would be more relevant for the PhD you plan on undertaking.

Academic concerns aside, you may wish to consider that Birmingham is one of the largest cities in the UK (2nd largest even), so you'll definitely get that big city feel. In some ways it'll feel like a home away from home as I'm sure there is a significant minority of Bengalis in B'ham as well as of course Pakistanis and Indians. On the other hand, relatively speaking Surrey will definitely have a smaller, less of a 'big city' feel to it.

So yes, I'd say the course content and difference in location should be the main things you should look at given that overall the two universities have little to separate them academically.

I hope this helps!

DISCLAIMER: The above is just my opinion and others may disagree.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. Finally i have decided to go for the uni of Surrey. Hope i will get a wonderful life there. Please pray for me.
Thanks again.
Another day, another change, look at the site, playing games.
The members, just ain't the same.
I guess life in the hood, excludes the fame.
(edited 11 years ago)
It's a bit quiet in here, how is everybody?

Yaaaaaao0o0o0OoooOOOOO0O0o0o0o

Hows it goin'?
(edited 11 years ago)

dat be mah fav quote from shakespere, how you kno?
Original post by ieatcheeseyo

Yaaaaaao0o0o0OoooOOOOO0O0o0o0o

Hows it goin'?

Hey ieatcheeseyo, you haven't been on here for a while, have you?

I'm good, what about you?

Welcome back!

Where were you? Why did you ban yourself?
Reply 8377
Welcome back!

Where were you? Why did you ban yourself?

Salamyualikum Akhiii what yu sayin.
Original post by Z-Ninja

ga'in
Original post by Z-Ninja

Walaykum as-salam, how are you?

Latest