The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is this the place where I can brag about my regens?

That Blazek chap is unbelievable. 43 goals in 29 appearances this season, last season's CL top scorer and won me the title as well, and he keeps getting better.
Original post by FrigidSymphony
Is this the place where I can brag about my regens?

x

That Blazek chap is unbelievable. 43 goals in 29 appearances this season, last season's CL top scorer and won me the title as well, and he keeps getting better.

Just signed this guy for £30m. Passing, creativity, first touch, dribbling, he has it all. :sogood: And that acceleration and pace. :sexface:
Reply 8362
Original post by CB91
Just finished my 8th season at Milan with another domestic treble (now 4 in a row), although Juventus pushed me all the way to the last day and nearly forced extra time in the Coppa Final, so I decided to have a massive squad clear out. I sold Greizmann for £18m, Ganso for £25m, Damiao for £25m, Ter Stegen for £8m, Vrsaljko for £10m and Mussachio for £18m. Add all that onto my original £131m transfer budget and im pretty sure I could buy anyone I want.

It sucks have a massive budget but no players to buy. I'm in my 4th season with Barcelona and I have £150m to spend but there aren't any players which would improve my squad (and are 'realistic' targets).

What I may do is just spend stupid sums of money on every single good young player and have the most beastly U19 squad, ever.

I managed to buy one young lad from Velez , aged 17/18 who's tipped to be better than Messi=o
Original post by Akkuz
It sucks have a massive budget but no players to buy. I'm in my 4th season with Barcelona and I have £150m to spend but there aren't any players which would improve my squad (and are 'realistic' targets).

What I may do is just spend stupid sums of money on every single good young player and have the most beastly U19 squad, ever.

I managed to buy one young lad from Velez , aged 17/18 who's tipped to be better than Messi=o

I'm starting to get to that stage in the game now when the regens coming through are ridiculous. I've spent just over £250m this summer. :teehee:
Original post by CB91
Just signed this guy for £30m. Passing, creativity, first touch, dribbling, he has it all. :sogood: And that acceleration and pace. :sexface:

Signed that Blazek chap when he was worth about 4k. 2 years on a heavy training regime and killing the SPL and he's now worth over 4m. That chap is fantastic, but I wouldn't spend 30mil on him- better to invest in training facilities and build them up yourself. Although if you're long into your game I assume you've got the facilities up to standard and money to spend, so fair enough.

As for fast players...

I'd love to be able to play him all the time, my 4-1-2-3 formation could do well with a fast striker on the left, but unless his crossing or finishing improve substantially he's losing out to Gabarri.
Does anyone know if there's a difference between the 'mentor off the pitch' tutoring option and the 'improve game' tutoring option?
Original post by thetopnotch
Does anyone know if there's a difference between the 'mentor off the pitch' tutoring option and the 'improve game' tutoring option?

I think the mentoring off the pitch works better if the tutoring and tutored players have similar characteristics. You would pair a "highly professional" senior player with a "highly determined" younger player, for example, but you wouldn't stick Balotelli with a severe Czech boy who'd break his nose at the first dart throw.
Signed that Blazek chap when he was worth about 4k. 2 years on a heavy training regime and killing the SPL and he's now worth over 4m. That chap is fantastic, but I wouldn't spend 30mil on him- better to invest in training facilities and build them up yourself. Although if you're long into your game I assume you've got the facilities up to standard and money to spend, so fair enough.

As for fast players...

I'd love to be able to play him all the time, my 4-1-2-3 formation could do well with a fast striker on the left, but unless his crossing or finishing improve substantially he's losing out to Gabarri.

All my facilities are as advanced as possible and every summer transfer window I get at least £100m. He's not even my best midfielder though. :colone:

Also, now into my 9th season and the whole Barca team except for Bojan, Sanchez, Messi, Fabregas and Pique is full of ridiculous regens from La Masia. :eek:
How do I stop my backroom staff from getting poached?
Reply 8369
Offer them new contracts when they are approached by other clubs. That's about all you can do.
Original post by CB91
All my facilities are as advanced as possible and every summer transfer window I get at least £100m. He's not even my best midfielder though. :colone:

Also, now into my 9th season and the whole Barca team except for Bojan, Sanchez, Messi, Fabregas and Pique is full of ridiculous regens from La Masia. :eek:

Pff, 100m a year? Too easy.
Reply 8371
FrigidSymphony, who did you sign for Aberdeen in your first few seasons?:smile:
Original post by JF1903
FrigidSymphony, who did you sign for Aberdeen in your first few seasons?:smile:

The best signings I made were for a 4-2-2-2 formation. If you're starting out, you can get Derek Riordan and Mustapha Riga on free transfers. Play Riordan left wing and Riga right wing, with Mohamed Chalali (who can score goals, despite his stats) and Vernon as strikers, Fyvie and Arnason in the middle, Robertson, Considine, McArdle and Jack in the back. Or, you can use my favourite tactic, 4-1-2-3. Robertson, Considine, McArdle, Jack in the back, Arnason as a DM, Fyvie and Milsom in midfield, and Chalali, Vernon and Riordan up front. Should win you the SPL no problem.

I'm in my fifth season with Aberdeen and have already won the Champions League twice. It's really doable, you just have to be clever about your signings. And put Fyvie on a heavy training schedule, he never complains and gets good enough to make the Scottish national team starting 11.
Reply 8373
The best signings I made were for a 4-2-2-2 formation. If you're starting out, you can get Derek Riordan and Mustapha Riga on free transfers. Play Riordan left wing and Riga right wing, with Mohamed Chalali (who can score goals, despite his stats) and Vernon as strikers, Fyvie and Arnason in the middle, Robertson, Considine, McArdle and Jack in the back. Or, you can use my favourite tactic, 4-1-2-3. Robertson, Considine, McArdle, Jack in the back, Arnason as a DM, Fyvie and Milsom in midfield, and Chalali, Vernon and Riordan up front. Should win you the SPL no problem.

I'm in my fifth season with Aberdeen and have already won the Champions League twice. It's really doable, you just have to be clever about your signings. And put Fyvie on a heavy training schedule, he never complains and gets good enough to make the Scottish national team starting 11.

Alright, thanks a lot!
Original post by Laertes
Offer them new contracts when they are approached by other clubs. That's about all you can do.

Thanks. The only problem is I have no money to offer such contracts :frown:
Pff, 100m a year? Too easy.

Despite all that money and completely dominating the domestic side of it (won every domestic trophy possible for the last 4 years), ive only won the CL once. Too many Semi-Final exits. :colonhash:

Saying that though, when I did win it I had the hardest run possible. Drew Barca in my group, topped it on 16 points. Then beat Bayern in the last 16, PSG in the Quarters, Madrid in the Semis (beat them 9-1 at the San Siro :sexface:) and then Barca again in the final.

My main problem is losing the first leg away from home. My home form is insane (in approx my last 100 home games ive won all but 3, which were draws) but its just not enough at times.

I've also now got Xavi, Iniesta, Torres, Lucio, Di Natale and Buffon as Coaches. :coma:
(edited 11 years ago)
Going for my 5th consecutive CL and Premier League title with the mighty Nottingham Forest. Haven't lost a Prem match in a long time. I will beat Real Madrids record if it kills me.

First CL win came at Barca's expense. 3-3 at half time, 5-3 at full time. Best match I've ever seen, defending was none-existent though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Bloody hell that was close. In my last 92 home matches ive won 89, drew 3, lost 0. The last time id lost at home was to Arsenal in March 2016 and im just starting the 2019/2020 season. The Super Cup this season is played at the San Siro so it counts as a home game in the fixture list. 15 minutes in and im 2-0 down to Juventus and its looking like that streak is going to end until I give the lads a good shouting at at HT and switch from a Counter-Attacking 4-2-3-1 to an Attacking 4-2-1-3. I score in the 55th, 59th, 79th and 95th minute to win my 7th Super Cup in a row and be hailed a genius by my players and staff. :smug:

So now im upto 90 wins, 3 draws and 0 losses at the San Siro. Hopefully I can get to 100. :teeth: (The only teams to draw have been Bayern, Udinese and Napoli. I suppose I could also count the matches against Inter when ive been the away team, but technically they are away from home. :dontknow: Ive also remained undefeated in those games aswell btw).
Also added Xabi Alonso, Christian Maggio, Francesco Totti and Fabio Grosso to my backroom staff. :sexface:

Meanwhile, Rio Ferdinand is the Asst Manager at Liverpool. :facepalm2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JF1903
Alright, thanks a lot!

Oh and if you get enough money after 1 season (cup wins, league wins, whatever) you should be able to get Daniele Dessena and Jonathan dos Santos on free transfers. Do that.