Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

iPhone 4s or iPad??

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been saving and can (finally!) afford either an iPhone 4s or an iPad 3. Which would you recommend I get as their prices are similar-ish. I currently live in the Republic of Ireland but hope to move to London to study in Sept. so would I be better off if I wait until then or just buy an unlocked iPhone (which is what I plan on doing anyway as they have a higher resell value). I want to study Vet. Med. and I have a laptop so these would be just extra gizmos... Any advice you have is appreciated, be it personal experience or whatever!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get the Iphone, it does everything the Ipad can do plus it makes calls.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    iPhone as you already have a laptop.

I'd say get the Samsung Galaxy S3 though but that's only because my bf has it and the screen is bigger than that of the iPhone 4S and it looks so sleek and pretty.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MillyPixie)
    I have been saving and can (finally!) afford either an iPhone 4s or an iPad 3. Which would you recommend I get as their prices are similar-ish. I currently live in the Republic of Ireland but hope to move to London to study in Sept. so would I be better off if I wait until then or just buy an unlocked iPhone (which is what I plan on doing anyway as they have a higher resell value). I want to study Vet. Med. and I have a laptop so these would be just extra gizmos... Any advice you have is appreciated, be it personal experience or whatever!
    Since I like to use a product before accurately judging it, I bought an iPad only to return it after a week of usage. The iPhone is inferior to phones running variants of Google's Android operating systems.

(Original post by pbsjohnz)
    Get the Iphone, it does everything the Ipad can do plus it makes calls.
    Great. It does everything a restrictive device can do. :clap:

(Original post by I<3LAMP)
    iPhone as you already have a laptop.

I'd say get the Samsung Galaxy S3 though but that's only because my bf has it and the screen is bigger than that of the iPhone 4S and it looks so sleek and pretty.
    The S3 is a great phone! I also ordered it and played around with it, but the One X is superior.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverse)
    Since I like to use a product before accurately judging it, I bought an iPad only to return it after a week of usage. The iPhone is inferior to phones running variants of Google's Android operating systems.

Great. It does everything a restrictive device can do. :clap:

The S3 is a great phone! I also ordered it and played around with it, but the One X is superior.
    Oh I've not played with the HTC. I'm a little soured from HTC because I had the Hero (the one with the 'chin' ) and it died horribly on me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend HTC's at all..! Out of the whose though, I would go for the Iphone 4s, it does everything the Ipad does and more!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    iPhone.. so much more portable. iPad's aren't really necessary when you've already got a laptop, the novelty begins to wear off after a while!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Oh I've not played with the HTC. I'm a little soured from HTC because I had the Hero (the one with the 'chin' ) and it died horribly on me.
    HTC's 2011 phones were sub-par. I was impressed with them this year though! (so far)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you need a new phone, get the iPhone. If you don't, then you already have a laptop so you don't need an iPad. iPhone already does all that iPad does. I really don't see the point of iPad, other than if you haven't got a laptop already, and even then it's much better to get a laptop instead anyway.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakefish)
    If you need a new phone, get the iPhone. If you don't, then you already have a laptop so you don't need an iPad. iPhone already does all that iPad does. I really don't see the point of iPad, other than if you haven't got a laptop already, and even then it's much better to get a laptop instead anyway.
    That's because the iPhone can't do much in the first place. :laugh:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 3, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.