The Student Room Group

Waiting on results day...

So, I've been off for all of about 5 days for summer now and I'm so bored:frown:.
I feel like I can't enjoy summer yet because I'm just waiting on results day! Its like being in a state of limbo, I just wanna know what I'll be doing come september and get the worrying over!

If only results day was earlier. :frown:
Reply 1
Everyone feels like this, but it gets better. You'll find something to do and before you know it the summer will fly by! Then about a week before results day you'll start worrying again.

Also, depending on your communication preferences, UCAS may send you information about Clearing a week or so before results day. If so, this does not mean you're in Clearing. They do it every year, and every year people panic, but it just means you ticked the box to allow UCAS to spam you.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Everyone feels like this, but it gets better. You'll find something to do and before you know it the summer will fly by! Then about a week before results day you'll start worrying again.

Also, depending on your communication preferences, UCAS may send you information about Clearing a week or so before results day. If so, this does not mean you're in Clearing. They do it every year, and every year people panic, but it just means you ticked the box to allow UCAS to spam you.

I hope so haha! Thank you :P I just wish I knew my results already so I could get excited for Uni and start getting ready for it! :biggrin:

Ah okay, thank you haha! That probably would have panicked me! :P
Reply 3
I'm so glad someone else feels like this...it's been driving me mad. I'm becoming more convinced I failed everything with every day that goes by. O_O
I feel the same as well :s-smilie: I can't enjoy it because I really really need to know my results NOW!!! Although I do have a general view of what my results gonna be look like. Also I've got plenty summer works and stuff to do which would mean I don't have any time for anything else :frown: Sometimes I feel so "empty" since the only things I do is just sit at home doing nothing or just works :s-smilie:
Hey we are all in the same boat don't worry!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1993540

That thread has loads of us in it in the same boat! I know exactly how you're feeling though. I feel like I can't do anything progressive with my life because I'm just so damn nervous about results and I'm so eager to find out!

Eugh, the sooner August comes the better. Atleast it's July now :smile:!
Reply 6
When did A-level exams finish? I had exams from 14 to 31 May and got my results on the 15th of June....
Reply 7
I seem to be having the complete opposite problem; I'm way too relaxed here.
Reply 8
Original post by InkyOne
Is that IB? I'm super jealous, anyway!
I believe ASs go from mid-may to the beginning of June, and A2s go from mid June - the end of June, and GCSEs cover the whole period.

A-level students get results on the 16th August, GCSE students a few days later :cry:

Oh no it´s Dutch national exams :smile: I wouldn´t know what to do with myself if I had to wait that long! Good luck to everyone :wink:
Reply 9
Got that UCAS letter today about clearing hahaha!!

But nice to know there are other people stressing with me, want my results so bad! Even though on the day I'll probably be too scared to open them haha! :P
Reply 10
It'll all be over very soon, don't worry. Try to enjoy your summers without thinking about it, I guess its hard though. A couple of weeks before try to think about what your going to do if results don't go your way.

At least if you go to Uni, you don't have to wait this long for your results.
Reply 11
I'm dreading it if my results don't go to plan!
Very true, my brother's already had his uni results for this year! Wish A level results come through that fast :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending